• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Back again....just noticed in a product display page the body is shifted to the left a bit and not centered as before.

Might have something to do with:

No other products were found for this manufacturer.

Which shows, situated at the bottom of the page, but shift to the right.

Just guessing but something in the product_info.php file?

For the SQL, if it is still not right, it would probably be best to use the uninstall/install scripts, unless you have added a lot of extra pages to the map. That will ensure the database entries are correct. if you do that, you will need to initialize the maps again.

For the display, try changing this line in includes/modules/sitemap_manufacturers.php

echo '<tr><td width="10"> </td><td class="sitemap_indvidual">' . TEXT_NO_MANUFACTURERS_FOUND . '</td></tr>';

to this one

echo '<div><tr><td width="10"> </td><td class="sitemap_indvidual">' . TEXT_NO_MANUFACTURERS_FOUND . '</td></tr></div>';

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Updating includes/modules/sitemap_manufacturers.php with

echo '<div><tr><td width="10"> </td><td class="sitemap_indvidual">' . TEXT_NO_MANUFACTURERS_FOUND . '</td></tr></div>';

Still shifted to the right.

I don't have any added pages so if you are recommending running uninstall and then install files, I will do that.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Updating includes/modules/sitemap_manufacturers.php with

Still shifted to the right.

I don't have any added pages so if you are recommending running uninstall and then install files, I will do that.

Thanks

The database changes I mentioned are just to make it easier. It usually doesn't matter if the database changes are replaced with this contribution since they are easy to restore. But they won't have any affect on the layout. For that, please try this

echo '<tr><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="10"> </td><td class="sitemap_indvidual">' . TEXT_NO_MANUFACTURERS_FOUND . '</td></tr></table></td></tr>';

If that doesn't work, then it is something in your code - maybe you placed this change in the wrong location? You could try the included file to see if it works.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, after running the uninstall script, then running myshop/sitemap_seo_install.php I got this error:

1062 - Duplicate entry '2147483647' for key 'PRIMARY'

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function) VALUES (NULL,'Display Products in Manufacturers', 'SITEMAP_SEO_DISPLAY_PRODUCTS_MANUFACTURERS', 'false', 'Display the products for each manufacturer. This option will cause slower page load times, and possibly a display problem if there are many nested entries.

(true=on false=off)', '1509', '2', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL)

[TEP STOP]

I am going to restore my previous database and work around some more with this to see what I can come up with.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

For that, please try this

echo '<tr><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="10"> </td><td class="sitemap_indvidual">' . TEXT_NO_MANUFACTURERS_FOUND . '</td></tr></table></td></tr>';

If that doesn't work, then it is something in your code - maybe you placed this change in the wrong location? You could try the included file to see if it works.

Jack, this latest code worked, the page displays correctly with the words " No other products were found for this manufacturer." aligned left.

However, while the "related products" link is operating correct I am not sure about the related categories link, and the manufacturers link is always showing no other products for this manufacturer, even though there are.

The related categories link seems to pull up the correct link, but right after follows the entire listing of shop categories, not just the category that would apply.

Jack, this latest code worked, the page displays correctly with the words " No other products were found for this manufacturer." aligned left.

However, while the "related products" link is operating correct I am not sure about the related categories link, and the manufacturers link is always showing no other products for this manufacturer, even though there are.

The related categories link seems to pull up the correct link, but right after follows the entire listing of shop categories, not just the category that would apply.

The categories code has changed from the previous version, other than some formatting code so I can't guess why it won't work for you in this version. For the manufacturers, does the normal way of selecting them work? Are you using SEO 5? If so, does it work if you turn that off? What oscommerce version are you using?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The categories code has changed from the previous version, other than some formatting code so I can't guess why it won't work for you in this version. For the manufacturers, does the normal way of selecting them work? Are you using SEO 5? If so, does it work if you turn that off? What oscommerce version are you using?

I am working with this in a 2.2 RC2A shop, using Ultimate_SEO_URLS v22d_10, just doing the upgrade from Site Map SEO Update1.7_to_1.8. I had 1.7 installed for quite a while and I disabled Show Individual Category Sitemap in settings because the categories would just link back to the index page, not the actual category

Anyway, after the 1.8 upgrade, in the site map from the link within the info box (mysite/sitemap.php) the categories, other links, manufacturers all display fine.

It's just the link at the bottom of a product listing for categories and manufacturers that doesn't seem to be working correctly. Meaning when clicking the related categories linked, I would expect just related categories, not all categories in the entire site

So for now with 1.8 in place I am just disabling Show Individual Category Sitemap and Show Related Products by Manufacturer in configuration until I get this worked through. Otherwise, all is fine.

BTW..I got that mysql insert to work correctly I think. It shows in configuration>Sitemap SEO correctly, and I was able to get the true/false radio button choice to work for the Show Related Products by Manufacturer choice.

OK, it seems I changed the category_tree class files for some reason, though I can't find any notes about it. Try replacing the category_tree.php and

category_tree_no_products.php files in includes/classes to see if that fixes the problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, working with this on a 2.3.1 shop now.

Needed to change MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO to MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SITEMAP_SEO in includes/modules/boxes/bm_information.php, then add a definition for that in includes/languages/english/modules/boxes to the bm_information.php file as so:

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SITEMAP_SEO', 'Site Map').

Also getting the same results as i noted above on a product page for related categories.

Also observing products by manufacturer is showing incorrect info, in one case here, picking up the wrong manufacturer.

Thanks

Jack, working with this on a 2.3.1 shop now.

Needed to change MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO to MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SITEMAP_SEO in includes/modules/boxes/bm_information.php, then add a definition for that in includes/languages/english/modules/boxes to the bm_information.php file as so:

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SITEMAP_SEO', 'Site Map').

Also getting the same results as i noted above on a product page for related categories.

Also observing products by manufacturer is showing incorrect info, in one case here, picking up the wrong manufacturer.

Thanks

Thanks for mentioning the definition problem. I see I forgot to include the language file. I'm not clear why you had to rename it though. For the other problems, did you replace the class files?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for mentioning the definition problem. I see I forgot to include the language file. I'm not clear why you had to rename it though. For the other problems, did you replace the class files?

For the rename, when I figured out the file was missing and did that myself, i tried to follow the naming the naming convention I found in the file as so:

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_CONDITIONS', 'Conditions of Use');
 define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SHIPPING', 'Shipping & Returns');
 define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_CONTACT', 'Contact Us');

That's why i added the word "box" in

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_SITEMAP_SEO', 'Site Map');

I realize that was a bit of a liberty to take, but I thought any updates would overwrite that anyway, or I'd notice it later if something came up. I can change it back if that would the better approach.

Regarding the class files...this was a new installation of sitemap, so I uploaded the provided files and site monitor shows:

Found a new file named includes/classes/category_tree_no_products.php
Found a new file named includes/classes/category_tree.php

OK, it seems I changed the category_tree class files for some reason, though I can't find any notes about it. Try replacing the category_tree.php and

category_tree_no_products.php files in includes/classes to see if that fixes the problem.

Jack, this is response to our thread for sitemap on a 2.2 RC2A shop. In this shop's case I was updating my version of Sitemap from 1.7 to 1.8.4

My site monitor records shows I did overwrite the previous files when updating as follows:

Difference found: New-> includes/classes/category_tree_no_products.php 2963 Original-> 3010

Difference found: New-> includes/classes/category_tree.php 4273 Original-> 4314

So I think I am OK there.

Jack, this is response to our thread for sitemap on a 2.2 RC2A shop. In this shop's case I was updating my version of Sitemap from 1.7 to 1.8.4

My site monitor records shows I did overwrite the previous files when updating as follows:

Difference found: New-> includes/classes/category_tree_no_products.php 2963 Original-> 3010

Difference found: New-> includes/classes/category_tree.php 4273 Original-> 4314

So I think I am OK there.

Are you saying all of the problems are fixed then? I don't have a Sitemap SEO version 1.8.4. If that wasn't a typo, then it appears you are not using my version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Are you saying all of the problems are fixed then? I don't have a Sitemap SEO version 1.8.4. If that wasn't a typo, then it appears you are not using my version.

Sorry about that...it was typo. Sitemap_SEO_V_1.8 Must have gotten carried away on the keyboard. It's your version. That's pretty much all I use.

Anyway, the categories and manufacturers links at the bottom of a product listing don't work correct as far as my view of things. I can give you a link to one of sites to see this, but right now I have those two options disabled in coniguration>sitemap seo.

Specifically what I have disabled are:

Show Related Categories

Show Related Products by Manufacturer

both are set to false in configuration because they don't seem to be working correctly

Sorry about that...it was typo. Sitemap_SEO_V_1.8 Must have gotten carried away on the keyboard. It's your version. That's pretty much all I use.

Anyway, the categories and manufacturers links at the bottom of a product listing don't work correct as far as my view of things. I can give you a link to one of sites to see this, but right now I have those two options disabled in coniguration>sitemap seo.

Specifically what I have disabled are:

Show Related Categories

Show Related Products by Manufacturer

both are set to false in configuration because they don't seem to be working correctly

Yes, please provide a link since they work fine for me here in both versions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 weeks later...

hello

I am not getting the proper naming conventions on both the admin pages, and on my site? I have uploaded everything as per the instructions and also edited as per instructions. I see above that there is a similar error that some people have experienced but am not so sure how to correct it?

thanks for input

MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO on the user page and the 3 admin pages are not labelling properly

hello

I am not getting the proper naming conventions on both the admin pages, and on my site? I have uploaded everything as per the instructions and also edited as per instructions. I see above that there is a similar error that some people have experienced but am not so sure how to correct it?

thanks for input

MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO on the user page and the 3 admin pages are not labelling properly

its ok worked it out, simply have to put one line of code into the includes\languages\english\modules\boxes\bm_information.php file before the last ?>

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_SITEMAP_SEO', 'Sitemap');

The 3 admin errors, was my FU, forgot to upload the language file for the admin side.

Hi,

first of all - thanks for this contribution and other one too.

Second - I have problem with this one.

When I select admin ->sitemap SEO->Box Control and in Boxes Individual Control I choose bm_information.php then I fill any gap and update then when I want to see sitemap in my shop I see

Warning: file(/var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seoincludes/languages/polish/modules/boxes/bm_information.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seo/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 84

after it I can see the sitemap. I see that the path is wrong. It's

(/var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seoincludes/languages/polish/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

should be

(/var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seo/includes/languages/polish/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

Could you help me. Thanks.

p.s sorry for my English :(

after it I can see the sitemap. I see that the path is wrong. It's

(/var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seoincludes/languages/polish/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

should be

(/var/www/mnt/nfs11/nfs3/html/pro/hany.com.pl/root/seo/includes/languages/polish/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

Could you help me. Thanks.

p.s sorry for my English :(

This contribution doesn't do anything with the url's. That's controlled by the configure file. See here for how to set it up correctly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought the line would have been in includes/classes/category_tree.php

here

$req="select * from products prod, products_to_categories prodcate , products_description proddescr , products_to_stores pts
 where prod.products_status = '1'
 and prodcate.categories_id=".$categori_id."
 and prod.products_id=prodcate.products_id
 and proddescr.language_id=".$languages_id."
 and proddescr.products_id=prod.products_id
 and prod.products_id=pts.products_id
 and pts.stores_id = '1'
 order by proddescr.products_name";
 $products_query = tep_db_query($req);

but that looks ok, where prod.products_status = '1' so it must be calling the list from somewhere else but i fail to see where from

David

Hi There

I have installed ver. 1.7 just noticed that the Related products on the products info page is showing products that are not ticked as "in stock" and being returned as a 404, what page controls this?

regards

david

You should use v 1.8.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

looking at the wrong file, it was in modules/sitemap_products.php, added p.products_status = 1 here

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_status, p.products_id, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p inner join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p.products_id != '" . $_GET['products_id'] . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Regards

David

Hey,

I just installed the sitemap seo on osc. 2.3.1 and the sitemap seo tab shows up at the bottom of the left column but when I go to admin/configuration the sitemap seo doesn't show up and I put the code

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'sitemap_seo.php');

in admin/includes/column_left.php so I don't know why it's not showing up

has anyone else had this problem?