• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

So my question is where do you create 'sitemap_seo_exclude' as referred in includes/database_tables.php???

I am not able to exclude any pages therefore I am wondering if this may be the cause please let me know what does table 'sitemap_seo_exclude' suppose to contain.

No, that was an idea I had that was tossed. I neglected to remove all of the code for it. Did you read the previous posts on the problem you are having?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No, that was an idea I had that was tossed. I neglected to remove all of the code for it. Did you read the previous posts on the problem you are having?

Jack

I did read and I tried a few times to run the uninstall and install scripts and it seems to be working fine right now. I think what caused this malfunction was the fact that I had multiple tabs opened of the Sitemap SEO and I did multiple updates simultaneously which I think might have messed the table values since the check marks were showing randomly, there were no exclusions, and I had double entries.

I have another question tough can the Google XML Sitemap SEO (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6583) be used together with this contribution?

Thanks for your patience & time

:D

I have another question tough can the Google XML Sitemap SEO (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6583) be used together with this contribution?

Yes, they will together and both should be installed for better SEO results.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok everyone, Very new and I'm lost. The install went very smooth. My problem is that when the sitemap pulls up it shifts the website over and the map it self is not readable. You can see what I mean by going here Visit My Website.

how can I fix this? Or can I make it pop up in its own window?

Thanks,

Custom PC's, Components, Liquid Cooling, Notebooks and More

The code is setup for a standard oscommerce page layout. Your template is using a different layout so you have to adjust the sitemap.php file to fit with your site. You can use an existing file, like privacy.php and compare the two. You will need to copy the header and footer parts to get the file to display properly. It's a little more involved than that but if you go slowly, you should be able to get it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the hide categories mod installed. But when at sitemap.php, the hidden category is listed in the left column. Have browsed through the sitemaps files, but do not see where I can get this removed from there.

Thanks.

The sql command in includes/modules/sitemap.php will have to be edited to check for whatever status entry that contribution uses.

Jack

hi

i also have that issue to

and i found that you change in "include/classes/category_tree_no_products.php

search for this line:

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from

and put in:

and c.categories_status = '1'

so it looks like this:

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd on c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and c.categories_status = '1' where cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.parent_id, c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

thats worked for me

but i didnt found where to change for noproducts in manufactures.

Anyone who knows???

/Peter

It's working fine under those versions here. You said you can't exclude certain pages. What about other pages? Can exclude any? The problem with the page going blank indicates a problem with the code in the box file. Does it do for all of your boxes? Are you running a standard oscommerce shop or one of the forks?

Jack

Hi Jack,

I can not exclude any pages as soon as I go to box control and select a file the whole page goes blank.

When I go to page control and attempt to exclude any of the files listed there it lets me tick the box but when I click th eupdate button the file reloads but the ticks have been removed.

I am running a standard oscommerce shop (which isn't live as of yet)

Sue

Im trying that but it still seems to be sitting on top of each other for the Categories listing :(

The code is working. It is just not displaying correctly due to your template. But support for problems like that can't be handled via a thread like this since there are too many different temlpates. You'll have the same problem with any contribution you install that adds new pages.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I can not exclude any pages as soon as I go to box control and select a file the whole page goes blank.

When I go to page control and attempt to exclude any of the files listed there it lets me tick the box but when I click th eupdate button the file reloads but the ticks have been removed.

I am running a standard oscommerce shop (which isn't live as of yet)

Sue

I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for you. If it is a fresh install, then it should work fine. You might want to try re-uploading the files from the contribution. Maybe some got corrupted in the previous uplaod?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi

i also have that issue to

and i found that you change in "include/classes/category_tree_no_products.php

search for this line:

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from

and put in:

and c.categories_status = '1'

so it looks like this:

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd on c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and c.categories_status = '1' where cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.parent_id, c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

thats worked for me

but i didnt found where to change for noproducts in manufactures.

Anyone who knows???

/Peter

I remember that i also did that change in file category_tree.php

• 3 weeks later...

Installed a long time ago but decided to check out my sitemap page on the catalog side today and these errors were there

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/www/******.com/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 25

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of getfilesarray(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/www/********.com/includes/functions/sitemap.php on line 132

Now easily I just enabled allow_call_time_pass_reference in my php.ini file and it got rid of the errors. Now since this is deprecated is my concern. I am upgrading to php5 soon (not real familiar with it yet) and not sure that the option to even allow call time pass reference will be there. So alternatively I wanted to ask if you have already or are going to be making the change where this php.ini config is not needed?

Thanks

Hi Jack,

I have the latest ver 1.4 and downloaded again. The install versions I have excluded heading_sub_text and heading_title???

So basically I just went in and added them to the install:

sitemap_seo_install.php

replaced old with this

array("CREATE TABLE sitemap_seo_settings (enable_articles_manager TINYINT (1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, enable_infopages TINYINT (1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, enable_page_manager TINYINT (1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, heading_title VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_sub_text VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_articles_manager VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_categories VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_infopages VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_manufacturers VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_page_manager VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_standard_boxes VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', heading_standard_pages VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', language_id int DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY ( language_id ))")

sitemap_seo.sql had them in there. So thanks for the this contribution and thanks a million for all your help.

Have a great day

Hi Jack,

Thanks for this it works mint, I had the same issue as above, I installed 1.4 and ran the sitemap_seo_install.php it seems to be missing:

heading_title VARCHAR (40) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Site Map',

heading_sub_text TEXT NOT NULL,

The sql script worked fine.

Hello,

I installed this great contribution, but it is partially not working for me :(

When I try to enable: from Settings Control the: Enable Articles Manager, Enable InfoPages, Enable Page Manager and launch in browser sitemap.php, I get the following errors:

a) 1146 - Table 'table.TABLE_ARTICLES' doesn't exist

select a.articles_id, ad.articles_name from TABLE_ARTICLES a left join TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION ad on ad.articles_id = a.articles_id where a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '1'

B) TABLE_INFORMATION

c) TABLE_PAGES

for every option that I enable from 3 above.

I guess that TABLE_ARTICLES, TABLE_INFORMATION, TABLE_PAGES are not defined.

A little help, please?

Regards,

Nick

Hello,

I installed this great contribution, but it is partially not working for me :(

When I try to enable: from Settings Control the: Enable Articles Manager, Enable InfoPages, Enable Page Manager and launch in browser sitemap.php, I get the following errors:

a) 1146 - Table 'table.TABLE_ARTICLES' doesn't exist

select a.articles_id, ad.articles_name from TABLE_ARTICLES a left join TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION ad on ad.articles_id = a.articles_id where a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '1'

B) TABLE_INFORMATION

c) TABLE_PAGES

for every option that I enable from 3 above.

I guess that TABLE_ARTICLES, TABLE_INFORMATION, TABLE_PAGES are not defined.

A little help, please?

Regards,

Nick

Found the answer in previous posts, sorry.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I installed it and it worked. So thank you for this great contribution. However, it only display category links and product links (if I set it to show product links in admin). If I set additional links say my information box through box control, I get "Unable to determine the page link" error. I think I find a solution for it. The problem lies in includes/functions/sitemap.php page, line 75 where it says $file = DIR_FS_CATALOG . $end . DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'filenames.php'; It failed to open it because of some path problem. So I changed it to $file = DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'filenames.php'; It worked. Is this a bug? also there is a same function in admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php. Do I need to change it too?

My second question is in Sitemap admin, I initiated box control and update, I then went ot Page control, there was nothing there, I got an empty list. Is this how it supposed to work?

Thanks

Henry

Edited by petvogue

You shouldn't have to change the path. But once you do, the rest of the code may not work, as you are finding out. All I can think is that your configre file is not setup correctly.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You shouldn't have to change the path. But once you do, the rest of the code may not work, as you are finding out. All I can think is that your configre file is not setup correctly.

Jack

Jack, you are absolutely correct. It was an incorrect setting on DIR_FS_CATALOG in configure.php. It also fixed my second problem in admin. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone changed this to a 3 or 4 column setup?

I'd like to have:

====================================================

categories >>>>> manufacturers >>>>> standard pages >>>>> whatever else

====================================================

Rather than just 2 rows next to each other and a lot of white to the right!

Edited by desmoworks

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into a strange problem. The site map works fine and all is good after setting up the configuration options, anchor text, titles, etc... but after some time it seems my configuration is erased from the database. The link in admin/configuration is gone and the settings are no longer being applied to the sitemap. I logged into phpmyadmin and sure enough the tables are not there.

I re-inserted and a few days later they are gone again. This is happening on both of my sites. Has anyone ran into this?

I've run into a strange problem. The site map works fine and all is good after setting up the configuration options, anchor text, titles, etc... but after some time it seems my configuration is erased from the database. The link in admin/configuration is gone and the settings are no longer being applied to the sitemap. I logged into phpmyadmin and sure enough the tables are not there.

I re-inserted and a few days later they are gone again. This is happening on both of my sites. Has anyone ran into this?

If you have an older version of Ultimate SEO installed, there is a problem with its code that will cause this. In that case you need to update to the latest version of 2.1d that I uploaded.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons