• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

Oh sorry. I think I was just revising something when u came to my site..... so, please go there to check again. I am really sorry about it....

regards

Carmet :P

DNS Error - Server cannot be found

Hi,

.........DNS problem??? Sorry about that I dont know how to solve it...... I am the new user of oscommerce and dont know too much internet technique :o ..... have any idea??

Carmet :blink:

Hi,

.........DNS problem??? Sorry about that I dont know how to solve it...... I am the new user of oscommerce and dont know too much internet technique :o ..... have any idea??

Carmet :blink:

contact your webhost about the dns error.

hi Jack,

do I need delete the sitemap_SEO_install.php?? Please kindly advice.

Regards

Carmet

Yes, it should be deleted.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hi Jack,

Thanks for your contribution.

I just installed SEO-Meta-Tags-STS-1.0 it works, but a lot of things is showing up double on my site/sitemap.php. What am i doing wrong? My sitemap is babyfavorsandgifts.com/sitemap.php. Thanks, your help is really appreciated.

Sorry, never mind. I just got it right!

Thanks, i really like your contribution.

Edited by Lary_an

You didn't properly install 1.4. See the install instructions for those missing items.

As for other sitemap cotnributions, there are two others, that I am aware of. Sitemap MS2 has never been SEO friendly and lacks many of the features of the other two, last I checked. That may be different now since I don't keep up on them. The other is Dynamic Sitemap, which I also wrote. It has many short-comings that this one fixes. It also has an add-on for a google type sitemap. That is a mistake, as I have made known many times, and was the genisis of this one. But in answer to your question, if this one wasn't available, then Dyanmic Sitemap is the better of the other two.

Jack

Thank you. I got it working. And thanks for your answer to my question.

Also do you have a google SEO friendly rss/newsfeed/blog type mod that you have done or can you suggest one that is good to use? The one we are using isn't that great. TIA

Seems to have installed ok, but when I press update in the boxes group control I get the following error:

Failed to read file /home/alisona/public_html//includes/boxes//Array

This problem was reported previously and someone posted what they did to fix it. I can't get it to fail so I don't know what is causing it. I'm would like to know though if you have a file in the includes/boxes/ directory named Array.php?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

This problem was reported previously and someone posted what they did to fix it. I can't get it to fail so I don't know what is causing it. I'm would like to know though if you have a file in the includes/boxes/ directory named Array.php?

Jack

Thanks for quick response. No, I don't have a file named array.php

Everything appears to work ok, other than how to list products in the sitemap? Currently it only shows the categories www.oneofakind.org.uk/sitemap.php

You have to change the setting in admin->Configuration->Sitemap SEO to have it show the products.

Jack

Thanks! Completely missed the configuration options.

Ok, nearly got it how I want it, but still a couple of minor changes if possible.

How do I reduce the ident spacing, currently it's:

Category

.........Sub Category

......................Product

Ideally I would like it more like:

Category

...Sub Category

......Product

Also, is it possible to change the default icons used for each level?

Thanks for all the help!

www.oneofakind.org.uk/sitemap.php

Edited by stevea1234

Ok, nearly got it how I want it, but still a couple of minor changes if possible.

How do I reduce the ident spacing, currently it's:

Category

.........Sub Category

......................Product

Ideally I would like it more like:

Category

...Sub Category

......Product

Also, is it possible to change the default icons used for each level?

Thanks for all the help!

www.oneofakind.org.uk/sitemap.php

There's nothing in the admin section that will allow you to control either but I seem to recall explaining how to edit the code for the spacing. In any event, the classes/category_tree files would have to be edited for what you want to do.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's nothing in the admin section that will allow you to control either but I seem to recall explaining how to edit the code for the spacing. In any event, the classes/category_tree files would have to be edited for what you want to do.

Jack

I did see the reference to:

$spacer_string = '',

$spacer_multiplier = 1;

but altering these doesn't have any effect. Tried changing these in both category_tree.php and category_tree_no_products.php but nothing changes?

Also not sure how I could use these to reduce the spacing?

Thanks

Steve

You could try replacing the following line in category_tree.php

$result .= str_repeat($this->spacer_string, $this->spacer_multiplier * $level) . '<a class="sitemap" title="'. $category['name'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $category_link) . '">';

with

$result .= '<a class="sitemap" title="'. $category['name'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $category_link) . '">';

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I might be silly now but if you open the readme file thing it says:

INSTALLATION - Clean install on osCommerce MS-2.2 , RC1, RC2 , RC2a

What does it mean by clean install ??

No modifications have been made to the original files.

I thought that is what it meant, so how do you use this if you have modded the files ??

Usually you would follow the instructions for a modified shop, otherwise compare the provided files with the stock osc files and your files.

You could try replacing the following line in category_tree.php
		 $result .= str_repeat($this->spacer_string, $this->spacer_multiplier * $level) . '<a class="sitemap" title="'. $category['name'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $category_link) . '">';

with

$result .= '<a class="sitemap" title="'. $category['name'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $category_link) . '">';

Jack

Thanks for the help, but oddly no difference at all. I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing something.

I don't have any other ideas. I will put it on the list of things to look at for the next release but that might be a while.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't have any other ideas. I will put it on the list of things to look at for the next release but that might be a while.

Jack

That's ok, still happy with the result. Thanks