• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sitemap SEO

Jack_mcs

A new version has been uploaded. It fixes most of the problems found so far. It may not be necessary but I suggest running the uninstall and install files to reset the pages table (or just empty that one in phpmyadmin). The problem with all of the pages not being counted could have resulted in extra pages being added to that table. It would depend on the setup of the shop so I can't say for sure but it is probably best to clear it.

Jack

Hi Jack

One final problem. In the Box Control page, Boxes Individual Control section, I get this.

When I enter a link via Additional Link Control, and then go to the Boxes Individual Control, the Alternate Name and Anchor Text do not retain edits made when I hit update and the changes are not reflected in the sitemap. Also the Sort defaults to 0 after I hit update and the changes are not reflected in the sitemap.

Everything works in the Page Control page.

Hi Jack

One final problem. In the Box Control page, Boxes Individual Control section, I get this.

When I enter a link via Additional Link Control, and then go to the Boxes Individual Control, the Alternate Name and Anchor Text do not retain edits made when I hit update and the changes are not reflected in the sitemap. Also the Sort defaults to 0 after I hit update and the changes are not reflected in the sitemap.

Everything works in the Page Control page.

Yikes, another problem.

When logged in, only the checked registered pages on Box Control and Pages Control are shown. eg I have logoff.php checked and login.php unchecked, and when logged in log off shows an d log in does not show. A bad example, here is another, I have allprods.php unchecked and it shows on the sitemap when not logged in, but when logged in, it does not show.

1 - I just uploaded a new version that will fix this problem.

2 - Is Articles Manager enabled in the admin->configuration settings? Does the articles box show up in the Boxes Group Control section? Is it not marked as excluded or registered only?

Jack

Hi Jack,

1 - the problem still exists. Up to the 36th page, everything works well, but then ... nothing. As you see, the 37th page is "products_new.php", and the 36th page is "products_reviews_rewrite.php". For the last pages even the "0" for the sort-order doesn`t exist. Has anyone more than 36pages and tested this?

2 - Found the problem ... forgot to say "true" to "Show products in categories". <_< I don't have "articles manager".

Thanx!

Michael

hi jack

I installed your module, but if I click on 'sitemap' on my homepage, the error

1146 - Table 'verweij_iU0q1osc.TABLE_ARTICLES' doesn't exist

select a.articles_id, ad.articles_name from TABLE_ARTICLES a left join TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION ad on ad.articles_id = a.articles_id where a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

occures

do you have any idea what I've done wrong?

hi jack

select a.articles_id, ad.articles_name from TABLE_ARTICLES a left join TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION ad on ad.articles_id = a.articles_id where a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '4'

[TEP STOP]

occures

Hey,

maybe you set "articles manager" to "true" without having integrated the contrib "articles manager"? (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1709)

Just an idea!

Best

Michael

The only file changes were to the admin/sitemap_seo_page_control.php and admin/includes/functions/sitemap.php files. You can safely upload those to your installation and the contribution will be updated. Although you may want to note what I said about clearing the one table.

Jack

Hey Jack,

in your fix, you included the following tag two times in the first checkbox-field-tag (before the "id" an after). Was this your intention?

<?php echo $pageSettings[$p]['excluded']; ?>

I deleted one, and there was no change!

But I'm still fighting with this prob .. 36th page.... :blush:

Best

Michael

o.k. now I figured out some things, which might show the right direction.

I only use the german language in the shop. The rest, is deleted. So in your SQL-File your default language id is "1" ... English! But this doesn't exists any more!

So your SQL-script seems to put the whole pages into the table "sitemap_seo_pages" with "language_id" "2" (german). So far o.K..

For some reasons, the first 36 files I told you, were also put in with "language_id" "0" ???. But unfortunatelly not all pagenames. ????? Don't know why!

For some reasons, these "language_id" constelations causes trouble.

So I manually (via PHPMyAdmin) put the rest of the pages in the table. Now, all "Zeros" for the sort order are displayed.

But the updated still doesn't work correct.

You have some ideas? Here the "Before" and "After" - Pic!

Best Michael

SEO-Sitemap_new.gif

Edited by e-peoples

This is probably faster. However I didnt really follow the clearing table. How does one do that? phpMyAdmin???

Thanx.

- Regarding the Google XML thing, you're right. Its best to keep them apart. Any thoughts on when the next version is coming out for the translation of titles?

Thanx.

P.S. Will send you the spanish versions tomorrow. Kinda booked at the moment.

There are threads here on how to use phpmyadmin. It is available in the control panel of your hosting account, most likely.

I don't know when the next version will be.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yikes, another problem.

When logged in, only the checked registered pages on Box Control and Pages Control are shown. eg I have logoff.php checked and login.php unchecked, and when logged in log off shows an d log in does not show. A bad example, here is another, I have allprods.php unchecked and it shows on the sitemap when not logged in, but when logged in, it does not show.

Yes, I see this problem. The fix for it is more than I can do quickly here but I will get to it in the next version.

For the Additional Link Control problem in your other post, have you installed the latest version? That should have been fixed with it.

Here is the link to the Google Sitemap contribution I mentioned. I use the last one by Chemo.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack

[TEP STOP]

occures

It sounds like you don't have the Articles Manager contribution installed but do have that option enabled in the sitemap settings.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

o.k. now I figured out some things, which might show the right direction.

I only use the german language in the shop. The rest, is deleted. So in your SQL-File your default language id is "1" ... English! But this doesn't exists any more!

So your SQL-script seems to put the whole pages into the table "sitemap_seo_pages" with "language_id" "2" (german). So far o.K..

For some reasons, the first 36 files I told you, were also put in with "language_id" "0" ???. But unfortunatelly not all pagenames. ????? Don't know why!

For some reasons, these "language_id" constelations causes trouble.

So I manually (via PHPMyAdmin) put the rest of the pages in the table. Now, all "Zeros" for the sort order are displayed.

But the updated still doesn't work correct.

Did you clear the pages table as suggested? Do you have other languages declared in admin? The code will fill in the information but it uses the languages from the shop. So if it is writing the wrong language ID, it is either because you have more than one declared or there's a mistake in the code. Please let me know how your languages are setup, i.e., only German and it is ID2, or whatever way it is. I can then duplicate it here to get the same failure.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, I see this problem. The fix for it is more than I can do quickly here but I will get to it in the next version.

For the Additional Link Control problem in your other post, have you installed the latest version? That should have been fixed with it.

Here is the link to the Google Sitemap contribution I mentioned. I use the last one by Chemo.

Jack

Hi Jack

Yes, I installed the latest version. Will have another play with it and let you know.

Thanks, I did finally find the Google Sitemap, but v1.3 worked on the wamp server but not the web host (fpopen is disallowed), so I used the On The Fly - Fixed problem with Categories, also written by Chemo, with no products in the same location. Worked like a charm.

Did you clear the pages table as suggested? Do you have other languages declared in admin? The code will fill in the information but it uses the languages from the shop. So if it is writing the wrong language ID, it is either because you have more than one declared or there's a mistake in the code. Please let me know how your languages are setup, i.e., only German and it is ID2, or whatever way it is. I can then duplicate it here to get the same failure.

Jack

I didn`t clear the table yet ... but i´ll do so soon. In Admin there`s only german with ID "2" ... as in the "language"-table in DB.

Thanx again

Michael

Nice contrib!

I am however not having issues as related by the others.

The installation was simple

The instructions could use a slight bit of improvement, and some of the features explained a tad better for dopes like me.

I am having an output issue.

If you look at my resultant sitemap and compare it to the category tree the mapping is terrible.

I suspect this is due to a very peculiar tree contrib I am using (which still does not meet my needs!)

So - is this modeled to use a particular categories tree contrib, and or the stock contrib?

Additionally if anyone knows of a expand all subcategories contrib that goes deeper than 3 subs, I would appreciate the heads up.

Especially if it will work with this sitemap!

Corey

The categories are built using the code from the contribution. The way it is displayed on your site is how it normally looks.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Installed Sitemap SEO 1.1 o my localhost with no issues at all. Got familiar with it and really liked the results and its features.

Transferred everything to the webserver ran the sql file. The admin side works great.

However I get the dreaded:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.mydomain.com Port 80

when I click on http://www.mydomainname.com/sitemap.php.

Re-did all the (non-admin) files again but no luck.

Any suggestions ?

Hi Jack

I have installed Header Tags SEO and Ultimate SEO URLS. I am wondering if I need to install a sitemap? I have been reading these posts for hours and first, I am not sure If I should have a sitemap, and second, there are so many to choose from. Is this sitemap going to work with the other two I have mentioned?

Thank you for your thoughts and input

Hi Jack,

Installed Sitemap SEO 1.1 o my localhost with no issues at all. Got familiar with it and really liked the results and its features.

Transferred everything to the webserver ran the sql file. The admin side works great.

However I get the dreaded:

Internal Server Error

The code is pretty standard so I can't think whyit would cause such a failure. That error can occur if teh permissions on a file are seto to high so you may want to make sure the permissions on the sitemap.php are set to 644. If that isn't the problem, ask your host to take a look at it since it must be server related somehow,

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I have installed Header Tags SEO and Ultimate SEO URLS. I am wondering if I need to install a sitemap? I have been reading these posts for hours and first, I am not sure If I should have a sitemap, and second, there are so many to choose from. Is this sitemap going to work with the other two I have mentioned?

Thank you for your thoughts and input

A sitemap serves a different function than either of those two contributions. Furthermore, there are two basic types of sitemap contributions - ones that create files that are only seen by the search engines, like the google sitemap mentioned previously, and ones that create sitemaps for the shop, like this one. They both allow a way for the search engines to quickly find links to parts of your shop, which is important for getting better rankings. Ones meant for the shop allow your customers a way to navigate your shop, which is always a good idea. So, yes, you should install a sitemap contribution (one of each kind). This one will work fine with both of those contributions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

you may want to make sure the permissions on the sitemap.php are set to 644.

Jack

Bingo.

I searched the web trying to find the reason for a 500 error and could not find any. Yet you answered it above in a couple of sentences. For some reason the file was transferred over with write enabled.

Thanks again for another USEFUL contribution.

The next task is removing Dynamic Sitemap and installing Chemo's Google XML Sitemap.

Hi Jack

Yes, I installed the latest version. Will have another play with it and let you know.

Still have the problem of not saving the sort order in sitemap_seo_box_control.php

Not a big hassle.

Hey Jack,

I'm getting the articles manager installed since I notice it works with this contribution.

Which version of Articles Manager do you recommend? The latests? Articles Manager V 1.57_1???

Thanx.

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts . . . haha. i said nuts.

Hey Jack,

I'm getting the articles manager installed since I notice it works with this contribution.

Which version of Articles Manager do you recommend? The latests? Articles Manager V 1.57_1???

Thanx.

V 1.57_1 is only for shops that have Header Tags SEO installed. If you don't have that contribution installed, then use one of the other versions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Fixed code so registered boxes and links are shown correctly.

- Added color code for when a box is both excluded and registered.

- Added settings section for settings that apply to more than one language.

The settings section is a change I'm not happy with. It will work but I don't like having the options split as they are. Just thought I would mention this since it may change in a future release. For now, you can remove the extra settings in admin->Configuration->Sitemap SEO if you want. It won't do any harm to leave them there though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons