• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Mindsparx admin

iankil

Hello!

You can probably install it without any problems even if your store stuffed with contributions, Just make a backup of your admin and give it a try, its simple, 5-10 minutes install. The new version 2.0 picks up all your links and places them in the dropdowns automaticly, so when you install contributions you dont have to think at the admin at all.

And ones it´s installed you have a few settings that you can edit in the admin header file, there you can choose to use the defult buttons or the new ones and change width etc.

And if you need to add more buttons in the main navigation bar (not the dropdowns) then look in the admin header.php fil and you will probably understand the logic if you have done basic coding before

Good luck ;)

/Janne.k

Edited by iankil

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.2

Starproduct pimped for 2.3

Mindsparx template osc Sport 2.2

Mindsparx template Horizon 2.3

+ a few more...

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

i have only this screen in admin:

Adminfehler.jpg

I need HELP :-)

MfG

Andreas

I have this exact same problem and I can't figure out what is wrong. Anybody have any ideas? The menu items don't expand and I can not see any data.

Hello

Its probably a simple fix, look in admin/includes/boxes/ If you want to keep an old box (for example customers.php) or if you use a new (for example seo.php)you need to remove the <td><tr> and </td></tr> tags

Have a look in one of the boxes that came with the Mindsparx_admin files to see what you need to do, there is also one or two variables you need to comment out in your new box.

/Janne.K

Edited by iankil

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Hello

Its probably a simple fix, look in admin/includes/boxes/ If you want to keep an old box (for example customers.php) or if you use a new (for example seo.php)you need to remove the <td><tr> and </td></tr> tags

Have a look in one of the boxes that came with the Mindsparx_admin files to see what you need to do, there is also one or two variables you need to comment out in your new box.

/Janne.K

Got it, thanks for the help. Really great job. How do I change to the blue, or is there any way to change the theme.

You can change theme and some other settings in the admin/header.php file, but atm there is only two themes, if you want to change the color of the navigation bar, then you can change the chrome image in photoshop. Once osc3 is released i´ll create a few more themes for the admin, the blue theme is already converted to v3, and there is more to come ;)

/Janne.k

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Hi, I am interested in installing your generous contribution, but before I start playing with code (I'm not very experienced), can youpost for me a screen shot of the New Product page? That is mostly why I am looking for a new admin template, I find the old (v.2.2) New Product system very time-consuming and not user-friendly... I hope that your contrib has more things grouped together like in the old OSComm version.

Kindest regards

Robert

First of all - VERY NICE! I love the much improved look and more usable interface. Thank you for sharing this great contribution.

But I seem to have a problem?

Whenever I use the admin panel to edit the data (such as deleting customers, adding administrators, adding products or categories or deleting them), i get the following error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at W:\www\admin\includes\languages\english.php:5) in W:\www\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 22

although clicking back in the browser takes me back to the admin and shows the change as complete.

Line 22 of general.php is part of the following

// Redirect to another page or site
 function tep_redirect($url) {
global $logger;

if ( (strstr($url, "\n") != false) || (strstr($url, "\r") != false) ) {
  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false));
}

header('Location: ' . $url);

if (STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {
  if (!is_object($logger)) $logger = new logger;
  $logger->timer_stop();
}

exit;
 }

////

I am editing the site locally by running uniformserver, and have been playing about with the site for some time now. Although not many contributions installed so far, just easypopulate and lightbox - the site is a template that I have been manually editing (so not STS or stock layout).

Any help appreciated, but it's driving me crazy, and it would be a shame to have to go back to the standard admin.

Oh - might be worth mentioning that I'm a beginner to php, though I've been using HTML etc for a while now and am pretty capable of following instructions, but go easy on the technical speak please :D

Edited by nibbles

I've managed to restore full functionality by copying my store backup into the server and reinstalling Mindsparx Admin, but without editing the /boxes/catalog.php file to include a link to Easypopulate.

Back to a working installation, but without easy access to Easypopulate for now. Will look at it again when less tired and grumpy, but if anyone can chip in with suggestions in the meantime - that would be great.

Also while I'm asking for help, I've noticed that a few of the button images are appearing as the default set (such as secondary delete button or update button or save). Any suggestions?

Lee

Edited by nibbles

Hello!

Im glad you like it, the "headers already sent by..." can appear for many reasons, in this case im almost sure that you have a whitespace before the <?php code starts, the <?php has to be all the way up in every file that starts with a php tagg take a look in all files that you edit when you install the contribution specially in your boxes folder.

About your buttons, there is some settings in the header.php file, you can use the default buttons or the included ones, and if you need buttons that the admin dont have you can create your own, there should be a .psd file included in the contribution.

/Janne.K

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Hi Janne.K,

I'd like to register my thanks to you here for this brillaint mod to the admin section. Works out of the box. :)

Love that kid of yours, but is there anyway of replacing that image? :D

Best regards.

hehe yeah he´s a little monster chewing on my leg when i work from home,

Its easy to change image, just create a new .jpg image and name it adm_pic.jpg and replace the image in admin/template/blue/images folder. The size of the image is 163x24, if you want another size you probably need to change the size of the image in the admin/index.php file to.

/Janne.k

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Hello, you need to add the language codes found in the install instructions.

Janne.K

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Hi

Love your admin redesign :lol:

Before I installed this contribution I had sexy admin installed (I hate the OSC admin interface) however some parts of this are still showing up in the new admin. The reason I don't just start with a vanilla admin directory is because I have customized a lot of the admin core which was a while ago and don't remember what exactly I changed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi janne,

very nice looking admin page now!

I have a question. I have installed InfoBox Admin and as far as i know it should go right into the configuration drop down menu. Mine is showing on the left hand page looks like this:

infoboxhow.jpg

What do I need to code?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello!

When you install a new contribution and it needs a new box in the old column left it means that you need to create a complete new dropdown for it, there is a great guide written by Richard Cranium in the contribution page on how to do this, but I can explain quickly on what you need to do.

If there is a new box in the admin/boxes/ folder that needs to go in to your store you need to strip down the <td><tr> tags and comment out some code and then add some, like the example below, (before and after), it looks difficult, but its pretty simple ones you know how to do this.

Before:

<!-- reports //-->
         <tr>
           <td>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_BOXES,
                    'link'  => tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('selected_box')) . 'selected_box=infobox'));

if ($selected_box == 'infobox') {
   $contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=1', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_HEADING_BOXES . '</a>');
 }

$box = new box;
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);
?>
           </td>
         </tr>
<!-- reports_eof //-->

After:

<!-- reports //-->

<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_BOXES,
                    'link'  => tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('selected_box')) . 'selected_box=infobox'));

// if ($selected_box == 'infobox') {

// Add your links here start
   $contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=1', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_HEADING_BOXES . '</a>');
// }

// Add your old links here end

// $box = new box;
// echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

foreach($contents as $value) {
  echo $value['text'];
}
?>

<!-- reports_eof //-->

I have that contribution installed , but i didnt create a new drop for it, i just placed a link to it in my admin/boxes/tools.php file

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFOBOX_CONFIGURATION, 'gID=1', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_HEADING_BOXES . '</a>'.

And it looks like this:

dump.jpg

Good luck

Janne.K

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

And about the sexy admin, i have never tried that contribution so i dont know how it works, but i would uninstall it and then reinstall the new admin, and that should do it ;)

/Janne.k

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Stephan,

That theme looks awesome B) 5 stars from me, i need to try it out.

I like that part with free beers, i love beer take look at youtube for a dude that sculls 500ml in about 2 sec, thats me ;)

commsecure,

The file that you need to change is admin/includes/boxes/info_boxes.php

And... i have this mod done for oscommerce v3, but i havn´t done the install instructions for it yet, but its comming asap

Regards

Janne.K

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

Stephan,

I tried your theme, and it looks and works really good. the only issue was the new .png images. But that was easy to change, good work.

/Janne.k

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...

I am pulling what little hair I have left out. I have too many add-ons so the drop down menus require me to scroll to get the option I want. Also, I have add-ons that were in their own boxes with sub categories. They cannot be added to drop downs but need their own. Contribs like header tags seo, multi vendor shipping, links managerII, additional pages.

How do I add these so that the sub cats for them show?

I know this is not related to this contribution but i did not know where else to ask when the developer is active here.

I installed Mindsparx Specials and modified it to my liking. I wanted three columns and not two so i fixed that up but the problem is how do i make the boxes even for all products rather some being even and some being uneven. The reason of it being uneven is when the product name comes onto two lines. Is it possible to fix the box so that even if there are two lines to product name it doesn't expand the box?

I am guessing this is the code that governs the output in the box. It is with my changes:

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
                                         'params' => ' ',
                                         'text' => '
<table class="box_outline3"  width="98%" border="0" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
  <td align="left" valign="top"><div style="padding-top:10px;"><a class="specials_name" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . $featured_products['products_name'] . '</a></td>
   <td width="80" rowspan="3" align="center" valign="middle"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products['products_image'], $featured_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td height="30" valign="top"><table align="center" width="96" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
   <td align="center" width="96" height="26" background="images/special_price.gif"><span class="specials_price">' . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span></td>
 </tr>
</table>
</td>
 </tr>
</table>'

);	
   $col ++;
   if ($col > 2) {
     $col = 0;
     $row ++;

Also how do i put the info button underneath the price and next to it underneath the product image buy now button.

Any help would be much appreciated. I apoligise if i have posted here but i have told my reasoning.

Thanks in advance.

hello

lyonsperf,

i liked the idea of submenus so i changed the contribution and installed a new dropdown menu that supports multi levels...

So instead of adding more dropdowns you can add them as submenues and save some space.

For those who has installed 2.0 or Stephans fantastic theme, i have added upgrade instructions.

i havn't updated the demo yet but here is a picture of what it can do.

img1.gif

There is a short guide on how to add submenus in the new download, and the code in admin/boxes/ has instructions on how to create subs.

I hope you find this usefull, if not.. use 2.0 ;)

/Janne.K

Edited by iankil

My contributions

Mindsparx admin for 2.2

Mindsparx admin for 2.3

Mindsparx admin for 3.0

Mindsparx specials 2.2

+ a few more...