• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

auctionTastic

FWR Media

2) Ok, I have just now triggered the process by refreshing the catalog/auctions page and the whole thing went like it should. The winner was notified with the 'Congratulations You Won' email and in admin/auction I could see the bidders as the page updated. In the screenshot you see there is no button to allow me to remove or edit the winning bid - I am a bit confused here so some clarification is requested. Only the 'cleick here to delete' works but there is no Edit button or function.

The clue there for me is that the status isn't "won".

There is an issue here that I can't replicate .. the status of the winning bidder should be "won" there would then be an option to REMOVE.

auctionsedityf0.jpg

I don't have this in my auction site admin. How do I get this to appear in mine?

I don't have this in my auction site admin. How do I get this to appear in mine?

admin>catalog>auction products click on an auction that has ended but not been paid for .. click edit.

admin>catalog>auction products click on an auction that has ended but not been paid for .. click edit.

I still only see the original page for that option:

http://www.yadaauctions.com/images/auction.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the QUICK reply!!!!

Jim

Edited by jamesdenny

Hallo FWR

I have the same problem as described in the thread above. When i set admin/configuraton/max values/search results: to 5 for instance and

// BOF: User defined

var $rowsPerPage = 4;

// EOF: User Defined

In the auction classes is set to 4 as above the pagelinks generated in the normal product listing doesnt seems to work. It sends me back to the main page of my shop.

But if i set

// BOF: User defined

var $rowsPerPage = 1;

// EOF: User Defined

(wich doesnt make much sence)

I can browse the product listing pages ( this only happens on my live shop, in other fresh installations locally and on other servers it doesnt work at all)

I tried to test this on different servers on different installations and i cant get it to work, so somehow this affects the product_listing on nonauctionproducts as well - on the servers i working at at least.

So i dont know if we could call it a bug?

Regards Thomas

Thomas I can't replicate this .. I need to be able to replicate it to identify it or discount it as a bug.

On a fresh install of RC2a with auctions set at 4 per page and search settings at 4 per page product listing pages work as expected. Also $rowsPerPage is a class property so is not available in the normal scope of osCommerce operation.

I still only see the original page for that option:

http://www.yadaauctions.com/images/auction.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the QUICK reply!!!!

Jim

And before you clicked in to edit .. what did it say under Auction Progress?

Added to Cart

Hmmm could be related to the older version, the latest version has not been uploaded as yet here, I was rather hoping for more feedback and bug testing before uploading the next version. Send me an email to admin(at)myforum name(dot)co(dot)uk and I'll send you the latest package.

Thomas I can't replicate this .. I need to be able to replicate it to identify it or discount it as a bug.

On a fresh install of RC2a with auctions set at 4 per page and search settings at 4 per page product listing pages work as expected. Also $rowsPerPage is a class property so is not available in the normal scope of osCommerce operation.

Hallo FWR

I'm have lust made a fresh install and dumped the auctionfiles on top on www.loppeshoppen.dk

Search results is set to 4 an rowsperpage in the auctionclass is set to 4 as well. Having done anything but changing the search results in admin to 4. But the productlisting is not working as you can see.

If you go to dvd movies -> action - > it displays the first 4 movies as it should - but if you click on 'next' it returns to the index page - and that is somehow caused by auctiontastic - i have tested it maybe 20 times with same result.

you are welcome to check the settings in admin - user: admin password: admin - if you like.

This is not for my own personal matter (as i made another way to display the auctions on my real site) i'm just trying to help finding bugs in this great contrib.

Regards Thomas

• 2 weeks later...
Hallo FWR

I'm have lust made a fresh install and dumped the auctionfiles on top on www.loppeshoppen.dk

Search results is set to 4 an rowsperpage in the auctionclass is set to 4 as well. Having done anything but changing the search results in admin to 4. But the productlisting is not working as you can see.

If you go to dvd movies -> action - > it displays the first 4 movies as it should - but if you click on 'next' it returns to the index page - and that is somehow caused by auctiontastic - i have tested it maybe 20 times with same result.

you are welcome to check the settings in admin - user: admin password: admin - if you like.

This is not for my own personal matter (as i made another way to display the auctions on my real site) i'm just trying to help finding bugs in this great contrib.

Regards Thomas

Hi,

This is a great contribution. But there is a problem which is exactly same with Thomas. And, also tested for many times with same result.

My site is here http://www.dehomeceil.com.my/index.php?cPath=3_10 .When you click on the next button, it will direct you to index page instead of the 2nd page of the category.

regards,Sann :rolleyes:

Hi,

This is a great contribution. But there is a problem which is exactly same with Thomas. And, also tested for many times with same result.

My site is here http://www.dehomeceil.com.my/index.php?cPath=3_10 .When you click on the next button, it will direct you to index page instead of the 2nd page of the category.

regards,Sann :rolleyes:

I can't see any auction on the above site .. but there's obviously an issue here that is not happening on my local RC2a. I will try again to replicate it.

Edited by FWR Media

Sorry everyone, I introduced a bug. (bit overworked at the moment). This remedies the paging issue.

catalog/includes/modules/classes/oscAuctions.php

Find (line 54) ..

$this->pagingFunctions();

Replace with ...

// Only run function pagingFunctions() if the called file is auctions.php or account.php
if ( false !== (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_AUCTIONS || basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_ACCOUNT) ){
}

Sorry everyone, I introduced a bug. (bit overworked at the moment). This remedies the paging issue.

Find (line 54) ..

Replace with ...

// Only run function pagingFunctions() if the called file is auctions.php or account.php
if ( false !== (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_AUCTIONS || basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === FILENAME_ACCOUNT) ){
}

Hallo FWR

You have nothing to excuse. You are doing a great job for free. Thanks a lot - its working now .

Regards Thomas

Find (line 54) ..

Replace with ...

}

Awesome!! Thank you !!

Can someone please test the following:

Create an item with plenty of stock. Use that item in an auction, please check what happens to the stock in admin after winning that auction and what happens to it after completing checkout.

After winning nothing .. after checkout product minus one.

Then create another auction and win it but do not checkout, instead create a another auction with the same item and win it. The second item should not get added to cart but take a look at your stock levels before and after checking out.

Before checkout nothing, after checkout minus one.

Then after checkout is complete does the second item appear in the cart and if so what happens to the stock levels after you complete checkout again.

After checkout product minus one.

I'm not seeing the problem here Chooch.

Hi!

Im having some trouble innstalling the add-on. It seems like STS crashes after installing auctiontastic. Any solution?:

Notice: Undefined index: debug in /home/autobils/public_html/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 31

Notice: Undefined index: sts_template in /home/autobils/public_html/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 59

Notice: Undefined index: sts_normal in /home/autobils/public_html/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 64

Notice: Undefined index: sts_debug in /home/autobils/public_html/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 69

Notice: Undefined index: sts_version in /home/autobils/public_html/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 74

Notice: Undefined index: headcontent in /home/autobils/public_html/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 178

Notice: Undefined variable: formfirst in /home/autobils/public_html/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 402

Notice: Undefined index: banner in /home/autobils/public_html/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 247

STS Version 2.01.

Regards

Hi!

Im having some trouble innstalling the add-on. It seems like STS crashes after installing auctiontastic. Any solution?:

STS Version 2.01.

Regards

I have never used nor would ever use STS so can't help I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
I install auctionTastic_1.0_beta2 and work fine.

Now install Ultimate seo url 2.7 and in the moment of view one auction the url http://.... change for https://....

example: https://monet.com.uy/tiendaonline/sierra-sw...ow=1&page=1.

Any idea?

PD: please excuse my bad english

That is a known bug in the version currently available here, there is also a fix for it somewhere in this thread.

The latest version does not have this bug but I've yet to upload the latest revision.

• 2 weeks later...
1) Not on my list of "things to do" but may consider it if enough requests.

Hai FWR Media,

Thankyou for this working auction module with installing it in just a few secs!!!

You mentioned that there are enough request for making this auction divided in categories instead of 1 list of auction products you may consider making this possible.

SO HEREBY MY FIRST REQUEST OF MAKING THIS AUCTION DIVIDED IN CATEGORIES. MEMBERS OF OSCOMMERCE PLEASE JOIN THIS MOTION IF YOU WANT YOUR AUCTION PRODUCTS TO BE IN CATEGORIES TOO.

Edited by Mike_07

New Version

A new version has been uploaded dealing with all currently known issues of the last package.

As I'm not receiving any errors via feedback this has been uploaded as a candidate for release.

Upgrading should be simple.

• Overwrite the auctionTastic files.
  • The database remains unchanged.
  • A couple of minor changes to the osCommerce files.

Hi Robert,

Can there be a simple solution of making all the products in a normal OSC shop as like the products listed in the auction section and then it will be divided in categories?

Thanks

Hi Robert,

Can there be a simple solution of making all the products in a normal OSC shop as like the products listed in the auction section and then it will be divided in categories?

Thanks

I've noted the interest but am not planning such changes just yet.

New Version

A new version has been uploaded dealing with all currently known issues of the last package.

As I'm not receiving any errors via feedback this has been uploaded as a candidate for release.

Upgrading should be simple.

• Overwrite the auctionTastic files.
  • The database remains unchanged.
  • A couple of minor changes to the osCommerce files.

Okee Dokee! I am back. I didn't want to post my live auction that is working until I addressed one major issue which might be a simple fix for you. Once this error is fixed, I will post my site as a live working model so people can see how this works.

My issue is, in Internet Explorer. You can see the auction products but once you click to make a bid (view the auction product) an error message comes up saying the page can't be found. It works in all other browsers except IE.

My site is:

http://www.yadaauctions.com

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Jim

Okee Dokee! I am back. I didn't want to post my live auction that is working until I addressed one major issue which might be a simple fix for you. Once this error is fixed, I will post my site as a live working model so people can see how this works.

My issue is, in Internet Explorer. You can see the auction products but once you click to make a bid (view the auction product) an error message comes up saying the page can't be found. It works in all other browsers except IE.

My site is:

http://www.yadaauctions.com

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Jim

Firstly which version are you using? secondly I can't view your site as there is some "enforced login" code.

I am not aware of any problem like this with a standard install so unless you can suggest otherwise it seems to be a problem specific to your site and it's code.