• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

auctionTastic

FWR Media

Ah I found it... I must have been blind yesterday... Thanks for the answer.

Hm... I don't want to auction my stuff... I am looking for a contrib, where the user can auction his stuff.

Is there a contrib for this? Descriptions are lacking precise information on oscommerce contrib pages in general...

osCommerce is a web shop .. contributions related to it are about the web shop selling things to its customers .. seems to me you are not needing osCommerce at all, you are looking for an Ebay clone.

osCommerce is a web shop .. contributions related to it are about the web shop selling things to its customers .. seems to me you are not needing osCommerce at all, you are looking for an Ebay clone.

Not only.

I would like to set up an oscommerce store with my own stuff, but I would like to allow users also to sell their stuff on my store. It is supposed to be a community thing, as an extension for the community portal and forums etc.

But never mind. I have found a free auction system, which seems to be good enough for me. I will probably install oscommerce and that system running parallel.

Thanks for your help.

FWR - I think I just found a possible bug.

I tested it on two stores on two different servers (one fresh install) and apparantly if you win an item and it gets added to cart, if you do not checkout and go to the same product page in non-auction format and add the item to cart it shows as quantity 2 in the cart, both items at full price.

It should show one item at auction won price and the other item at full price. Can someone confirm if this happens to them as well so we can eliminate this as a bug.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

FWR - I think I just found a possible bug.

I tested it on two stores on two different servers (one fresh install) and apparantly if you win an item and it gets added to cart, if you do not checkout and go to the same product page in non-auction format and add the item to cart it shows as quantity 2 in the cart, both items at full price.

It should show one item at auction won price and the other item at full price. Can someone confirm if this happens to them as well so we can eliminate this as a bug.

I am aware that this happens Chooch so it is confirmed. Because the two products are the same product id osCommerce calculates the two as a standard product. You'll notice that if you remove them the cart reverts to the won item.

The alternative was for osCommerce to calculate both at the auction price which would have been very wrong.

To seperate the two would mean a rewriting of the way the shopping_cart class works which I am trying to keep away from.

I was just checking what you said FWR. Re-writing the class would be a headache but having the cart issue as it is may be somewhat problematic for certain sites hoping to sell at full retail price to those customers who missed out on the auction. I think I may have a long winded way around it, if it works I'll post a solution which will not involve re-writing anything extensively certainly not classes.

I am aware that this happens Chooch so it is confirmed. Because the two products are the same product id osCommerce calculates the two as a standard product. You'll notice that if you remove them the cart reverts to the won item.

The alternative was for osCommerce to calculate both at the auction price which would have been very wrong.

To seperate the two would mean a rewriting of the way the shopping_cart class works which I am trying to keep away from.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

but having the cart issue as it is may be somewhat problematic for certain sites hoping to sell at full retail price to those customers who missed out on the auction.

Yes but if a customer missed out on the auction they wouldn't have this problem as the auction product would not be in their cart.

Yes but if a customer missed out on the auction they wouldn't have this problem as the auction product would not be in their cart.

I accept that logic but how does it work when an auction winner wins an item for say £12 but it is worth £300 at retail and he wants two? It should £312 in the cart for two not £600. Please let me know if there is a flaw in my logic.

CHOOCH

I accept that logic but how does it work when an auction winner wins an item for say £12 but it is worth £300 at retail and he wants two? It should £312 in the cart for two not £600. Please let me know if there is a flaw in my logic.

No there's no flaw, I'll have a think about it.

No there's no flaw, I'll have a think about it.

Can someone please test the following:

Create an item with plenty of stock. Use that item in an auction, please check what happens to the stock in admin after winning that auction and what happens to it after completing checkout.

Then create another auction and win it but do not checkout, instead create a another auction with the same item and win it. The second item should not get added to cart but take a look at your stock levels before and after checking out.

Then after checkout is complete does the second item appear in the cart and if so what happens to the stock levels after you complete checkout again.

I had some very interesting results when I conducted these tests while trying to find a way to keep auction and full price items separate in the cart so prices do not get affected. I just need to confirm if the results are the same elsewhere before I carry on, your feedback is appreciated.

CHOOCH

Can someone please test the following:

Create an item with plenty of stock. Use that item in an auction, please check what happens to the stock in admin after winning that auction and what happens to it after completing checkout.

Then create another auction and win it but do not checkout, instead create a another auction with the same item and win it. The second item should not get added to cart but take a look at your stock levels before and after checking out.

Then after checkout is complete does the second item appear in the cart and if so what happens to the stock levels after you complete checkout again.

I had some very interesting results when I conducted these tests while trying to find a way to keep auction and full price items separate in the cart so prices do not get affected. I just need to confirm if the results are the same elsewhere before I carry on, your feedback is appreciated.

Hi chooch, I do not know if I've tested it the right way but my second item didn't appear on my shopping cart.

Idon that is correct but what about the rest of I requested to be tested?

CHOOCH

Apologies for my lack of responces, I've been a bit "time challenged". Tomorrow is my daughters birthday party (ugggh 20 5 year olds :blink:, but I'll do some testing asap.

Dear FWR Media

Thank you for your help with product_info&action_show=1

but now I faced another problem because of that. When in product_info.php?products_id=44&page=[WRONG or NO NUMBER]&auction_show=1 the information about auction date, bids and so on is missing. I was searching for SQL code where you using $pagenum, but couldn't find. Please let me know how I can remove &page. I think product id is more than enough to show auction info.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, I'm installing auctiontastic ..

adding this line:

$oscAuctions->categoriesAdd($info_box_contents);

to the /includes/boxes/categories.php

causes my shop to disappear :huh:

same when adding:

require_once(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'auctions/classes/' . FILENAME_OSCAUCTIONS);

$oscAuctions = new auctions($languages_id, $language);

to the /includes/application_top.php

I installed upon new v. 2.2rc2a, tried modify files method, then tried drop files method, admin always works fine, db is set up ok.

Any help on what might cause this problem appreciated, ty.

Ty, FireFix, your contrib actually was a good hint :) so for each language it needs a folder to be created in the includes/modules/auctions/languages & upload the 5 auction.. files.

Hi, I'm installing auctiontastic ..

adding this line:

$oscAuctions->categoriesAdd($info_box_contents);

to the /includes/boxes/categories.php

causes my shop to disappear :huh:

same when adding:

require_once(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'auctions/classes/' . FILENAME_OSCAUCTIONS);

$oscAuctions = new auctions($languages_id, $language);

to the /includes/application_top.php

I installed upon new v. 2.2rc2a, tried modify files method, then tried drop files method, admin always works fine, db is set up ok.

Any help on what might cause this problem appreciated, ty.

If you look back a few posts you'll see that the currently available release sets error_reporting(E_ALL) osCommerce can't run like this si this needs to be commented out.

The white screen is probably because errors are sending headers and you have gzip turned on in osc admin.

Hi FWR Media.

I have installed the oscommerce last version RC2a and auctionTastic 1.0 Beta2.

The auction work fine I think but the problem is when I try to buy directly an auction product from product_info.php

Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 364

Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 364

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/afro/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php:364) in /home/afro/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

If I try to buy the same item from product_listing this product is added to cart without problem but I recived this message

Notice: Undefined index: auction_id in /home/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/order.php on line 292

AND

Notice: Undefined index: tax in /home/public_html/catalog/checkout_shipping.php on line 345

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Damiàn

Hi FWR Media.

I have installed the oscommerce last version RC2a and auctionTastic 1.0 Beta2.

The auction work fine I think but the problem is when I try to buy directly an auction product from product_info.php

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/afro/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php:364) in /home/afro/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

If I try to buy the same item from product_listing this product is added to cart without problem but I recived this message

Notice: Undefined index: auction_id in /home/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/order.php on line 292

AND

Notice: Undefined index: tax in /home/public_html/catalog/checkout_shipping.php on line 345

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Damiàn

This is well documented in this thread Damiàn, read back a few posts and look for error_reporting

Fwr-media,

more than one week gone... still no help... :huh:

I'm not here to answer to personal needs (although I'll look at anything that may improve the contribution) I'm here to support the contribution in its standard form and to improve it were it needs improving.

I'm not sure what you need, the issue you posted is not an issue with the standard contribution.

• 2 weeks later...
No .. you created errors by incorrect installation, by removing those errors (reinstalling backup) you eradicate the problem.

Hallo FWR

I have the same problem as described in the thread above. When i set admin/configuraton/max values/search results: to 5 for instance and

// BOF: User defined

var $rowsPerPage = 4;

// EOF: User Defined

In the auction classes is set to 4 as above the pagelinks generated in the normal product listing doesnt seems to work. It sends me back to the main page of my shop.

But if i set

// BOF: User defined

var $rowsPerPage = 1;

// EOF: User Defined

(wich doesnt make much sence)

I can browse the product listing pages ( this only happens on my live shop, in other fresh installations locally and on other servers it doesnt work at all)

I tried to test this on different servers on different installations and i cant get it to work, so somehow this affects the product_listing on nonauctionproducts as well - on the servers i working at at least.

So i dont know if we could call it a bug?

Regards Thomas

2) Ok, I have just now triggered the process by refreshing the catalog/auctions page and the whole thing went like it should. The winner was notified with the 'Congratulations You Won' email and in admin/auction I could see the bidders as the page updated. In the screenshot you see there is no button to allow me to remove or edit the winning bid - I am a bit confused here so some clarification is requested. Only the 'cleick here to delete' works but there is no Edit button or function.

The clue there for me is that the status isn't "won".

There is an issue here that I can't replicate .. the status of the winning bidder should be "won" there would then be an option to REMOVE.

auctionsedityf0.jpg