• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Virtual Merchant - Elavon, ViaKlix, Nova Payment Module Support Forum

zelf

Another problem. I installed a version of OSC without the buysafe and now when I try to buy a test product I get the error

Credit Card Error

The card entered is being declined. This most often is due to incorrectly entered information. Please try re-entering your information.

Name & Expiration Date Entered: cindy fajardo- Expiration Date Entered: 0609 (MMYY)

The Error email says

Error Message(s): 4003. HTTP Referrer Invalid. HTTP POST transactions are not allowed for this HTTP Referrer.

Address Verification Response:

CVV2 Verification Response:

I spoke with Virtual Merchant yesterday and they checked the HTTP Referrer for me and said that the Auto Settlement was already checked. I guess with my clients type of account I am not able to get into the details myself. ugh. Any ideas why it isn't working? Thanks

Error Message(s): 4003. HTTP Referrer Invalid. HTTP POST transactions are not allowed for this HTTP Referrer.

On page 1 of this forum you will see images for virtual merchant setup. Please refer to these setup instructions. The issue appears to be you have not properly configured Virtual Merchant for "HTTP POST transactions." Follow the instructions on page 1 of this forum and your problem should be fixed.

I was on the phone with Virtual Merchant when I read your message. Jake at VM says that the orders/CCs are being approved. He checked and they are approved but for some reason OSC is assuming that they were rejected. He said that he has seen where there is one word that OSC is expecting that is different from what VM uses (ie., Approval instead of Approved) that could make OSC interpret the CC being rejected. Does that sound correct?

I was on the phone with Virtual Merchant when I read your message. Jake at VM says that the orders/CCs are being approved. He checked and they are approved but for some reason OSC is assuming that they were rejected. He said that he has seen where there is one word that OSC is expecting that is different from what VM uses (ie., Approval instead of Approved) that could make OSC interpret the CC being rejected. Does that sound correct?

No. My contribution is independent of oscommerce functions. Though the credit cards are getting through to VM somehow there is still a problem with your setup. Did you look at the first page and follow the instructions at this link: HTTP Post Instruction

Yesterday they told me that we didn't have an Administrative area and today they told me I just don't have the correct username. So I am waiting on the client to give that to me. Hopefully making sure all these settings are correct will fix the problem. Thanks so much for your patience.

Hopefully making sure all these settings are correct will fix the problem.

It will not function without the VM interface being configured exactly as instructed in the setup instructions and also in the images on the first page of this forum. This includes the fields and their configurations e.g. required/not required in VM, VM admin setup for http post, etc. Every setup instruction needs to be followed to the letter. I didn't realize that VM had not been configured. That would explain it.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any more problems.

Regarding the test credit card and testing abilities. I have had a few people PM stating testing credit will not run. I am aware of this. The contrib is production ready, but I still need to complete the test credit card capabilities and will when I get a little more free time. However, this does not mean you can't run some tests in live mode. E.g. use a real credit card. Yes, this will send the card and order to Virtual Merchant for processing, but simply login to your Virtual Merchant account and void it. This way you will be able to see if everything is really working with a real live credit card and using void the card is never really charged.

FYI.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed this module for a client and when testing using production mode, credit card go through but debit cards will not. Any ideas why this could be happening?

Thanks

I have installed this module for a client and when testing using production mode, credit card go through but debit cards will not. Any ideas why this could be happening?

Thanks

What error are you getting? Debit cards should be treated just like a Visa credit card, unless you are really trying to put through a NON visa check card debit card.

I appreciate your help with getting this working. I have been on the phone with VM for an hour trying to get my payment fields setup as you show them in your screen shot. The system will not allow me to add the ssl_cardhoilder_amount field. VM says that it is not allowed due to a conflict with the pre-existing ssl_amount field and claims that no accoutn should be able to use that. Any idea what you had to do to get the system to accept that field entry? Is it required? Can I modify the code to remove it since the ssl_amount field is being used to send the total?

Thanks for your help.

I appreciate your help with getting this working. I have been on the phone with VM for an hour trying to get my payment fields setup as you show them in your screen shot. The system will not allow me to add the ssl_cardhoilder_amount field. VM says that it is not allowed due to a conflict with the pre-existing ssl_amount field and claims that no accoutn should be able to use that. Any idea what you had to do to get the system to accept that field entry? Is it required? Can I modify the code to remove it since the ssl_amount field is being used to send the total?

Thanks for your help.

The cardholder amount field is a system field used for DCC payments I believe. You may have gotten a newbie at VM tech support. You need to ask for level 2 tech support if you are having problems. My script does not even submit to this field. It is just setup by default in your account. However, I have never heard of it causing conflicts. The amount credit cards are being charged is being passed in the ssl_amount field. I would suggest asking for level 2 tech support. What errors are you receiving?

The cardholder amount field is a system field used for DCC payments I believe. You may have gotten a newbie at VM tech support. You need to ask for level 2 tech support if you are having problems. My script does not even submit to this field. It is just setup by default in your account. However, I have never heard of it causing conflicts. The amount credit cards are being charged is being passed in the ssl_amount field. I would suggest asking for level 2 tech support. What errors are you receiving?

That is the strange thing. I submitted a transaction to test and got no errors, however, it never went through. When I looked at the VM site, it shoed they had cancelled it and gave no reason. the phone support guy said he had no idea what happened. Then I came back to this forum and found your setup was different than mine so I tried to add the three missing fields hoping that would solve it, but it wont let me add them. So I am trying to submit a new one now and follow it through the VM control panel to see if i can figure out what the problem is. Maybe I need to turn on DCC conversion somewhere in there? Although since your script doesn't submit it, it wouldn't seem to matter?

When I looked at the VM site, it shoed they had cancelled it and gave no reason.

What do you mean "canceled"? Did the test transaction show up in the Error batch in your VM?

The phone support guy said he had no idea what happened.

Ask for level 2 tech support.

I tried to add the three missing fields hoping that would solve it, but it wont let me add them.

What fields are you missing?

Maybe I need to turn on DCC conversion somewhere in there?

DCC is optional. For testing just turn it off in the administration panel.

What do you mean "canceled"? Did the test transaction show up in the Error batch in your VM?

Ask for level 2 tech support.

What fields are you missing?

DCC is optional. For testing just turn it off in the administration panel.

The three missing fields are Cardholder Amount, Cardholder Currency, and Conversion Rate

I will call back and ask for level 2 but in my testing last night I found something interesting. The canceled transaction in the VM control panel was an earlier test and not the one I submitted. I ran two new tests, with real cards in production mode last night, and neither one ever showed up in the VM control panel. When I go to checkout, it shows that I am clearly using the Charge It module (which is the only payment module enabled) and it gives me a receipt, shows success and drops the order into my OSCommerce order page showing it is Processing. But nothing ever gets to my VM control panel. So I don't see any errors, I don't receive any error emails, everything looks successful, but nothing happens???? Not sure what the heck is going on right now. I am going to uninstall the 1.2 Charge It contribution completely, reinstall it again, and see if I made a mistake the first time.

The three missing fields are Cardholder Amount, Cardholder Currency, and Conversion Rate

These are all DCC options. You should be able to submit transactions with or without them as long as it is not a DCC transaction.

PM me your site and I will take a look.

These are all DCC options. You should be able to submit transactions with or without them as long as it is not a DCC transaction.

PM me your site and I will take a look.

Hi Nathan, I, too want to thank you for this contribution! I just installed it and have it working in under 3 hours.

You are correct (of course!) that these are DCC options. The issue is that we were trying to precisely follow your list of Payment Fields shown on page 1 of this forum, and the "Cardholder Amount", "Cardholder Currency" and "Conversion Rate" are not listed in my Virtual Merchant config screen. The interface complains that "Cardholder Amount" is already an existing field.

That leads me to conclude that the list reflects the DCC setting of our account. We don't have DCC turned on, which is probably why our Payment Fields screen cannot match that shown on page 1.

In any case, all I really had to do was set Sales Tax to "No" for not required, and everything is working just fine.

It will be nice once that test credit card is working, but I know you are aware of this issue. Also, FYI, I was able to test the connections using card 4111111111111111 with any expiry and CVV 123, but this only worked in Test mode, not Production mode. I wound up using my personal cc to test the final production config.

I did have an issue of receiving an error when I had the ChargeIt payment module set to CVV false. My client must have set up the MerchantConnect account to require CVV. All I had to do was set CVV to true and I was off to the races.

Well, it's Friday night and I'm going to kick back with a bottle of Pantheon Cellars Lot 06 Panthos. Have a great weekend and thanks again! - Jon Bjork

All I really had to do was set Sales Tax to "No" for not required, and everything is working just fine.

I will update the install instructions to reflect this and the DCC options in VM.

It will be nice once that test credit card is working

Update is almost ready

I was able to test the connections using card 4111111111111111 with any expiry and CVV 123, but this only worked in Test mode

Good info.

I did have an issue of receiving an error when I had the ChargeIt payment module set to CVV false

The script should be overriding the VM settings regardless of VM set to require CVV. This is according to VM developer's guide. I will have to investigate this. Maybe something changed on the required override params.

• 2 months later...

Great Mod, I've got it installed and working with a few tweaks for my own use.

Firstly, I haven't yet contributed any mods here, but I think the chargeit.php should include this for the state lookup (as I am in Canada, and Elavon also operates here.)

else if ($cState == 'Alberta')

$stateCode = 'AB';

else if ($cState == 'British Columbia')

$stateCode = 'BC';

else if ($cState == 'Manitoba')

$stateCode = 'MB';

else if ($cState == 'New Brunswick')

$stateCode = 'NB';

else if ($cState == 'Newfoundland')

$stateCode = 'NL';

else if ($cState == 'Northwest Territories')

$stateCode = 'NT';

else if ($cState == 'Nova Scotia')

$stateCode = 'NS';

else if ($cState == 'Nunavut')

$stateCode = 'NU';

else if ($cState == 'Ontario')

$stateCode = 'ON';

else if ($cState == 'Prince Edward Island')

$stateCode = 'PE';

else if ($cState == 'Quebec')

$stateCode = 'QC';

else if ($cState == 'Saskatchewan')

$stateCode = 'SK';

else if ($cState == 'Yukon Territory')

$stateCode = 'YT';

Secondly, as I am just learning PHP (My coding skills are all in other languages), I'd like to offer an idea for an improvement. Elavon charges Authorization fees for all attempts made, even if they fail. Comparing their last attempt to their new attempt for a duplicate could save some money in the end.

Still, a great mod, and it is much appreciated.

Error Message(s):

One thing I discovered, although it might be different in the US (I'm in Canada too) is that Elavon does not have CVV2 turned on by default. You need to contact them on that, if you want that feature. You get a response for CVV on default however - but you should still get the AVS reposnse code. As for why it is redirecting to checkout_process - that seems strange: did you add your account information to that php file? Did you log into virtual merchant and set your site listed in the https referrers?

• 2 weeks later...

I just setup this up. Trying to work through the bugs, I did a search on the forum but couldnt find this. (below) how do I fix that?

Error Message(s): 4006. CVV2 Not Requested With Data. The CVV2 indicator was not identified in the authorization request.

• 3 weeks later...
I just setup this up. Trying to work through the bugs, I did a search on the forum but couldnt find this. (below) how do I fix that?

Error Message(s): 4006. CVV2 Not Requested With Data. The CVV2 indicator was not identified in the authorization request.

Bump also of note is that amex works, visa doesnt, havent tried mastercard

Edited by chriswest

I am getting a whole pile of errors before I even get to enter the test cc info.

Warning: payment(includes/languages/english/modules/payment/chargeit.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/b/a/l/baluke/html/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php on line 38

Warning: payment(includes/languages/english/modules/payment/chargeit.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/b/a/l/baluke/html/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php on line 38

Warning: payment(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/payment/chargeit.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/b/a/l/baluke/html/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php on line 38

Warning: payment(includes/modules/payment/chargeit.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/b/a/l/baluke/html/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php on line 39

Warning: payment(includes/modules/payment/chargeit.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/b/a/l/baluke/html/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php on line 39

Warning: payment(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/payment/chargeit.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/b/a/l/baluke/html/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php on line 39

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: chargeit in /home/content/b/a/l/baluke/html/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php on line 41

I triple checked to see that the file was in the right spot and it is. Any idea on why it can't find it? Test site is here: www.werpatriots.com/catalog