• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Catalog products PDF reports

alverman

Anybody?

Well, I tried this on both a Windows XP machine running IIS and also a Linux server running Apache. Permissions are set properly....and this just isn't creating the file.

It's driving me nuts because the entire code is executing properly, but then at the last stage it's having a problem.

Any ideas guys? I really need to figure this one out.

Thanks,

-Chris

Got this error too - my /catalog/catalogue dir had 755 permission, and when i switched to 777 it worked.

By the way - i have made it work ONLY once. The pdf file was 37 MB ... Now everytime i try to use it it crashed whatever browser it's on after about 10mins. So ... i dunno, i have 1500 products so i think this is a little too much for it.

If anyone managed to avoid the time outs ... let me know

• 2 years later...

CAN ANYONE HELP US make it Working?

in the admin generation it take some "generation" time ... but at the end CREATES NOTHING.

I tried all chmod modes.

Is there a BIG bug that we have to know? >_<

I installed PDF Catalog for osc 2.0.5 but having problem to create individual files for categories.

In admin, the script to create main catalog work perfectly. I can see the file /catalogues/catalog_4.pdf and visitor can download it through /pdf_catalogue_info.php

But when visitor try to create "categories" catalog, the PDF file is not created. They have the choice to select multiple catagories to include and to create "one file" or "file for each categories", confirm with Submit and click on "Generate catalog". After all, the file /pdf_download_katalog.php is loaded

Please have patience, until the status bar is loaded!!

The link to Download the pdf file will be indicated between the arrows.

==> Download <==

But no file are created in /catalogues/ and the download fail.

Anyone have an idea what's wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Second problem!

My store are in french and when checking the PDF file created, the products description look like:

Ceinturon Externe
Modèle : HT400-HT440
Manufacturier : Hi-Tec
Ceinturon externe avec bordure de finition, renforcé à l’intérieur avec du polymère, doublé de velcro mâle pour adhérence maximale avec le ceinturon interneboucle de Nylon ultra résistante et profiléedeux boucles d’ajustement en nylon.
30.00$

Anybody know how to solve this? Thanks!

Edited by DuFF1

Duff1

ANy luck solving the customer PDF's? I have read a ton of threads, and they all seem to die off on this question!

2dogrc

No, didn't found any solution to my 2 problems... and nobody now seem to have the solution. :(

No, didn't found any solution to my 2 problems... and nobody now seem to have the solution. :(

Figured it out!

Check you catalog folder. Do you have the "font" folder in it? I noticed it call for that folder in the catalog/pdf_config.php file, but the intructions left that out..or I missed it!

2dogrc

Figured it out!

Check you catalog folder. Do you have the "font" folder in it? I noticed it call for that folder in the catalog/pdf_config.php file, but the intructions left that out..or I missed it!

2dogrc

Yes, I'm having it! The instruction is telling to copy the folder to /catalog, maybe depending which version you are using. But the problem only happen when having "accent" in french language.

Did you see my other message with problem creating "categories" PDF catalog? Have you tried this feature?

Yes, I'm having it! The instruction is telling to copy the folder to /catalog, maybe depending which version you are using. But the problem only happen when having "accent" in french language.

Did you see my other message with problem creating "categories" PDF catalog? Have you tried this feature?

Yeah,

I can create categories pdf's. I have the font file both in catalog/admin and catalog folders that was my problem.

2dogrc

I am not sure. With this contrib, if there is the jus one error with your config.php then no pdf will be printed. I could not get the PDF_Logo to work, so used text instead.

2dogrc

• 1 month later...
But when visitor try to create "categories" catalog, the PDF file is not created. They have the choice to select multiple catagories to include and to create "one file" or "file for each categories", confirm with Submit and click on "Generate catalog". After all, the file /pdf_download_katalog.php is loaded

But no file are created in /catalogues/ and the download fail.

I solved my problem, I needed to remove "$" in front of "$parent_category_name" in catalog/pdf_catalogue_info2.php like in catalog/admin/pdf_catalogue.php as mentionned somewhere in the forum. Using PHP5 cause this problem.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...d=1037669

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I solved my problem, I needed to remove "$" in front of "$parent_category_name" in catalog/pdf_catalogue_info2.php like in catalog/admin/pdf_catalogue.php as mentionned somewhere in the forum. Using PHP5 cause this problem.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...d=1037669

When I try this, the line

==> Download <==

totally disappears.

I remember reading marking that section out, but can't find it anymore...