• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

WTF, some products skip checkout_shipping.php ?!?!

inveritas

I'm puzzled.

We have this issue where not all orders had the right deliveryaddress etc.. in the order table. We've been troubleshooting for about two weeks and just noticed a constant factor which might help:

We noticed that with several products, the buyer is sent straight from the shopping cart to checkout_payment.php, thus skipping checkout_shipping.php causing all this i assume. I have NO idea why it would skip one step that is pretty critical, especially cause it is not with every order.

Any ideas? I really really hope this can ghet solved withthe help of anybody, we're sending lots of orders with narrow margins where we now have to pay for the customers' insured shipping too because we have the error there:/

I'm puzzled.

We have this issue where not all orders had the right deliveryaddress etc.. in the order table. We've been troubleshooting for about two weeks and just noticed a constant factor which might help:

We noticed that with several products, the buyer is sent straight from the shopping cart to checkout_payment.php, thus skipping checkout_shipping.php causing all this i assume. I have NO idea why it would skip one step that is pretty critical, especially cause it is not with every order.

Any ideas? I really really hope this can ghet solved withthe help of anybody, we're sending lots of orders with narrow margins where we now have to pay for the customers' insured shipping too because we have the error there:/

Could it be that this product has a download link too for one of the attributes?

Edit: ok, i found out the problem is in the attribute, which is a download people get with their order. Any solution for this?

I'll keep talking to myself here and hopefully others might some day benefit if this gets solved ....

/*
 if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {
if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');
$shipping = false;
$sendto = false;
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
 }
*/

I commented this out in checkout_shipping.php, but even though it solves the problem for now, this is of course not a solution. So, any takers on the real thing?

Simple fix on my side; I was being a bit daft and none of my products in the catalog had a weight set. So the weight of the shoppingbasket to be delivered was always "0", thus it skipped shipping options. If you're dealing with downloadable items, could this be related? Sorry if it's no help!

Cheers

-Ro

• 1 year later...

I have been having trouble with this as well. When an item in my store has attributes, sometimes it skips shipping & has $0.00 as a shipping price - thus causing me to have to call customer to get cc and bill shipping. I already removed the virtual and base it entirely on weight. The item has a weight of 3.5lbs & still this intermittently happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have changed the code as follows:

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as

// a shipping address is not needed

// dtt - Next line was changed to allow free shipping

//if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {

//if (($order->content_type == 'virtual') || ($cart->show_weight() == 0) ) { // issue w/ shipping & attributes

if ($cart->show_weight() == 0) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');

$shipping = false;

$sendto = false;

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

By the way, this ONLY happens in my store to products that have attributes.

Thanks

Dan

Archived