• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which tax laws apply? AU or UK

kdb

If an Australian company sets up an e-commerce site in the UK with a UK domain name, which taxes need to be applied - VAT (for UK) or GST (for OZ?)

Where are the goods/services being sold from?

Initially the goods will be virtual/downloads but in the future will include physical/shippable items

Well, if in oz, GST applies to downloads to OZ, not elswewhere.

Well, if in oz, GST applies to downloads to OZ, not elswewhere.

I thought that may be the case - so how do I configure the tax info etc so that only Australian customers get charged the GST (10%) and are provided with a Tax Invoice to that effect whilst everyone else gets it GST free and incorporate that with an affiliate program?

I thought that may be the case - so how do I configure the tax info etc so that only Australian customers get charged the GST (10%) and are provided with a Tax Invoice to that effect whilst everyone else gets it GST free and incorporate that with an affiliate program?

Start by setting your tax zones and rates in your admin.

Start by setting your tax zones and rates in your admin.

Thanks, I will. However I have to try to get OSC Affiliate and Super Downloads installed and working first so there may be a delay in any more of my responses to this post.

I also need to find a helpful and economical host in the UK from down under - do you have any recommendations?

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers

Kdb

• 3 weeks later...

Archived