• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Live Support phpOnline

olsonsp4c

Ya because when the window pops up it does include all the menus and is resizable and everything.

Where else would have have to go change it though??? must be in several different files.

(I have a few contributions) www.autopartsfirmonline.com

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya because when the window pops up it does include all the menus and is resizable and everything.

Where else would have have to go change it though??? must be in several different files.

(I have a few contributions) www.autopartsfirmonline.com

the easiest way is to just change it in the infobox file... change popupWindow to livesupportpopupWindow and see if that fixes it

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

I installed this some time ago and have just noticed something a bit odd.

Under WAMP, all is fine.

On the web, IE6 and IE7 are fine.

Firefox however is constantly downloading from the website according to the message at the bottom of the screen in the status bar. I know it is this contribution that is linked to the problem becasue it happened after I installed the flash pugin for firefox on another PC that I use.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?

For some reason, this contribution seems to generate a lot of page not found errors. I don't know the reason, but it does not seem to be browser specific. As an example of one that caused over 300 errors from the same IP, without clicking a link:

Site: my_site.com.

Error Code: 404 - The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

Occurred: 02/23/2009 20:05:56

Requested URL: my_site.com/status0.php

User Address: www.xx.yyy.zzz

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648)

Referer:

The user address (in Hong Kong) has been changed by me and they have been banned from the website.

Any ideas?

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Dumb question of the day . . .I have not had any previous instals of this contrib so do I start at the . .* Installation of phpOnline on OS-Commerce (OSC) * and skip over the sections marked * Upgrade 1.0 -> 1.1 * & * Upgrade 1.1 -> 1.2 *?

I know it sounds obvious but I wanted to make sure before give it a go.

Looks like just what we need to help some of our customers spend some cash.

Cheers,

Tony.

Tony

Dumb question of the day . . .I have not had any previous instals of this contrib so do I start at the . .* Installation of phpOnline on OS-Commerce (OSC) * and skip over the sections marked * Upgrade 1.0 -> 1.1 * & * Upgrade 1.1 -> 1.2 *?

I know it sounds obvious but I wanted to make sure before give it a go.

Looks like just what we need to help some of our customers spend some cash.

Cheers,

Tony.

Do you skip over the part marked upgrade? Yes you do.

Does any one else have a problem with incoming ringing sounds???

When I test http://www.dayanahost.com/phponline.cfm i get the "you have a call ring" but I get no sound when i try it on my site!!

Did you do

13. To TEST:

Go to your admin and click your phpOnline admin icon; once it pops up, login; then choose all your settings (change your password, SET the RINGER - you must do this for the ringer to work)

Then go to your catalog and click the phpOnline status indicator (should say that support is ONLINE), follow the prompts.

Have an online conversation with yourself

Did you do

13. To TEST:

Go to your admin and click your phpOnline admin icon; once it pops up, login; then choose all your settings (change your password, SET the RINGER - you must do this for the ringer to work)

Then go to your catalog and click the phpOnline status indicator (should say that support is ONLINE), follow the prompts.

Have an online conversation with yourself

The sounds do work NOW apparently they were not defined correctly when I changed them.

As for the error 404 you receive i dont think its has to do with the contrib

I have set up the admin on a fresh domain with NO traffic and i received only 9 errors from phponline (alla others were from help center live which I was testing and never managed to set up in well functioning way)

All i know is that phponline will increase your traffic but I will test on an oscommerce shop -with the admin on a fresh domain-and will post the findings

PS An intersting option of phponline would be when shop owner offline the client to be redirected to the contact us page

@coopco

"Firefox however is constantly downloading from the website according to the message at the bottom of the screen in the status bar. I know it is this contribution that is linked to the problem becasue it happened after I installed the flash pugin for firefox on another PC that I use."

yes i dont see that working with firefox (works with chrome) maybe you should download tjhe latest version of phponline from

http://www.dayanahost.com/phponline.cfm

In any case I will install the db as an infobox and will report my problems

Edited by diy

Got it in and running . . absolutely great addition and contrib. I second the idea about the redirect when offline because as far as i can tell the customer still has to go through the calling and waiting for a reply before being sent to the email option. I do have a small problem when changing the sounds, I have to log out of everything and and restart the browser to get the new sound so it took sometime to find one that would be ok played into our actual shop without alarming the customers that we have rosters running around.

Still, very happy with this addition and think it will definitely increase our sales . .thanks again.

binkycrafts.com

Tony

The sounds do work NOW apparently they were not defined correctly when I changed them.

As for the error 404 you receive i dont think its has to do with the contrib

I have set up the admin on a fresh domain with NO traffic and i received only 9 errors from phponline (alla others were from help center live which I was testing and never managed to set up in well functioning way)

All i know is that phponline will increase your traffic but I will test on an oscommerce shop -with the admin on a fresh domain-and will post the findings

PS An intersting option of phponline would be when shop owner offline the client to be redirected to the contact us page

@coopco

yes i dont see that working with firefox (works with chrome) maybe you should download tjhe latest version of phponline from

http://www.dayanahost.com/phponline.cfm

In any case I will install the db as an infobox and will report my problems

As I said, it was after the flash pug in was installed. That was the only change to the browser. I had to use the flash option because the other did not work.

As far as I can tell, the status (0) relates to this contrib.

The idea of redirecting to the contact us page is a good one.

Edited by Coopco

As I said, it was after the flash pug in was installed. That was the only change to the browser. I had to use the flash option because the other did not work.

As far as I can tell, the status (0) relates to this contrib.

The idea of redirecting to the contact us page is a good one.

Never mind, found the solution.

I have disabled this contribution, and the constant messages in the status bar of fire fox have stopped.

Glad you like it. I'm unsure why the flash version works for some but not the graphic version. I use the graphic version on all my websites and it works fine. It's not perfect software, it has limitations, but it is free. I'll look into the contact us idea.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

I installed this nice contribution, however, I am now facing two major problems:

1) it seems there is apparently NO WAY to have sounds working. No matter if I assigned 755 CHMOD to all folders, I still cannot get any rings whenever a new customer asks for chat support;

2) no matter if I translated and added the lang_str_it.php Italian language translation file, there is no way to have it changed by admin, I always get English instead.

Is there anyone able to help me?

Thanks in advance!

Mendoh

Almost forgotten!

There is a third problem in my installation: if I try to use the language translator by enabling it in admin, I get a warning message saying that "translation system does not work on your server. Please disable it in config.php"

What could be wrong? I searched inside config.php but I found nothing related to translation...

Thanks again.

Mendoh

Hey everybody, glad to see ya'll getting this thing to work.

I CAN'T!!!

I have installed it for the 10th time.

What I get when I go http://www.bestfarmparts.com/live_support/admin.php I get only a screen with a lightly colored square in it. No admin log in, no request for password or anything. On the client side the php screen will come up, but no information.

I wish someone could check it out and let me know whats going on. This seems like a great contribution.

I think that either your fileset is corrupted and should be re-uploaded or your server does not meet the requirement listed in the readme... that's it initially.

Scott

Scott,

thanks for the quick reply.

I use php 4.1

MySql 4. something.

How many items are suppose to be in config.php. I see 4.

I have downloaded the program so many times I have lost count and re-installed.

Did you see what I saw when you went to the link?

server reqs look fine.

i saw what you saw, but I don't know why... my guess is that the config.php file isn't configured properly... it should be the same as in your includes/configure.php file...

Scott

Thanks again Scott,

I read where that was a problem for some people. But I have tried every possible combination and get the same thing.

I just put it back to exactly like what is in my configuration.php. Of course no change in the outcome.

Here is a few questions just to make sure I have done this right.

1. is DBHost the same as DB_Server

2. When the instructions call for $DBUsername = 'youraccountusername_yourdefinedusername'; I have a short user name, is so would mine be $DBUsername = 'xxxxx'; or should something come after that.

3. I aslo notice that in my configuration.php I have the following

('DB_SERVER', 'abcdefg123.secureserver.net');

('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxx');

('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxx');

('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxx');

so is

DB_SERVER the same as DBHost

DB_SERVER_USERNAME the same as DBUsername

DB_SERVER_PASSWORD the same as DBPassword

DB_DATABASE the same as DBDatabase

that is the only thing I see that may be of some problem.

no special flash software has to be installed on your site; however, if you choose the flash catalog images to notify your customers if you are "online" or "offline" then your customers/visitors will need flash installed.

Scott

Scott

Here is a question, where does the graphics for the admin come from.

I see the images folder for the client interface, you know the "the live customer support top bar, side, and bottom" but where does the admin interface come from.

Man I really wish I could get this thing to work.

The graphic for the admin header is included in the package and i detailed in the instructions.

Scott