• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Live Support phpOnline

olsonsp4c

Great contribution. Thanks a lot for doing this.

When I log into my admin panel in the News window I get a message saying:

ERROR:

I can connect to MYSQL but can not check the tables.

My database is local and I created the user will all rights except grant.

Any suggestions how to fix this, do I need to worry about it?

Thanks angain.

D.

Unfortunately, I'm not really adept at mysql... Have you verified that your info in the config file is identical to that in your includes/configure.php file?

Scott

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did STS have you install a javascript function for popups with the same function name?

Scott

I have it all set up and in its most it appears to be working. I am having one major problem though I can not get the window to pop up (user). I am currently using STS and I am assuming this is where the problems are lying and something to do with the javascript commands. I noticed this has been mentioned already, only inliquid never went into detail on how he fixed it...

Is there any work around for this, (I am not the best at scripting and can not find a solution on my own)

many thanks in advance.

Gary

I have it all set up and in its most it appears to be working. I am having one major problem though I can not get the window to pop up (user). I am currently using STS and I am assuming this is where the problems are lying and something to do with the javascript commands. I noticed this has been mentioned already, only inliquid never went into detail on how he fixed it...

Is there any work around for this, (I am not the best at scripting and can not find a solution on my own)

many thanks in advance.

Gary

Gary, I don't know personally how to fix it; however, I would suggest that you message Chris above and ask him what he did. I'm sure he'd be willing to post his solution or message it to you.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I think I got into troubles..

I forgot my admin. user name & password !!

Is there a way to correct it?

Waiting please for any advise from you..

Thanks again dear Scott,

Regards,

Nath

Best Regards,

Nathali

Hi Scott,

I think I got into troubles..

I forgot my admin. user name & password !!

Is there a way to correct it?

Waiting please for any advise from you..

Thanks again dear Scott,

Regards,

Nath

you can look it up in the store database in the "bvars" table...

Scott

you can look it up in the store database in the "bvars" table...

Scott

Hi Scott !

How are you?

I looked in the database in the "bvars" table, and I see there only this:

bname bvalue

conf_GEmailSubject Message from online support

conf_Msg1 Please Wait...

conf_Msg2 Locating an Available and Online

Customer Service ...

I think it's not there..

Is there another place I could look for?

Thanks Scott,

Happy New Year,

Nath

Best Regards,

Nathali

Hi Scott !

How are you?

I looked in the database in the "bvars" table, and I see there only this:

bname bvalue

conf_GEmailSubject Message from online support

conf_Msg1 Please Wait...

conf_Msg2 Locating an Available and Online

Customer Service ...

I think it's not there..

Is there another place I could look for?

Thanks Scott,

Happy New Year,

Nath

happy ny to you as well!

here's what i found on the phponline forum:

If you forgotten your admin login and/ or password, You need to reset everything to factory default. To do that drop all MySQL tables and let them to be created again. Then you may login with admin as username and adm123 as password.

Thanks!

Scott

happy ny to you as well!

here's what i found on the phponline forum:

If you forgotten your admin login and/ or password, You need to reset everything to factory default. To do that drop all MySQL tables and let them to be created again. Then you may login with admin as username and adm123 as password.

Thanks!

Scott

Thanks a lot Scott !

So which MySQL tables I should delete? "bvars" & "msgdb" & "cs" ?

Thanks,

Nath

Best Regards,

Nathali

Thanks a lot Scott !

So which MySQL tables I should delete? "bvars" & "msgdb" & "cs" ?

Thanks,

Nath

yes :D

Just to report that I installed this contrib with no problems, except the image did not appear in the Live Support box. Whe I changed the

$phponline_status_indicator_type indicator in \includes\boxes\live_support.php to 1, it worked as it should.

I have installed this, installed the database, made the changes in the config file, but all I get in admin side is a blank.

On user side I get the dayana window, but nothing happens.

I followed the installation to a "T".

I have even uninstalled it, uninstalled the database 6 times and I always get the same results.

Please help

I have installed this, installed the database, made the changes in the config file, but all I get in admin side is a blank.

On user side I get the dayana window, but nothing happens.

I followed the installation to a "T".

I have even uninstalled it, uninstalled the database 6 times and I always get the same results.

Please help

it would be impossible for me to suggest something without looking at it, having ftp access to your website, and to your osC admin.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I also followed the directions and have been over every part of them and I have the problem of the blank screen. I cannot even get to the admin it is just completely blank.

Now I am curious though I did not see and .sql files there was nothing to upload to the database?

Am I missing something here. I have been looking on the daymb forums for answers as well, not much luck so far.

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

Ok, I also followed the directions and have been over every part of them and I have the problem of the blank screen. I cannot even get to the admin it is just completely blank.

Now I am curious though I did not see and .sql files there was nothing to upload to the database?

Am I missing something here. I have been looking on the daymb forums for answers as well, not much luck so far.

I don't understand what you mean by blank screen. please post screenshots.

The sql is automatically added. there is no sql to upload.

Scott

1. When I meant blank screen I meant nothing but white, plain, nada, nothing.

2. I figured out the problem, it was no thanks to Godaddy, they are going to be switching the database server and gave me the info for the new one but it is not transfered yet, so 1 call and I got the current info and BAM! it works.

Sorry to waste your time. But when I made changes then I would get the errors but with localhost (which it is not) it gave the blank screen.

Hopw that help someone else, check with your host company to get the correct info as 'localhost' is not correct in all instances.

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

I must say I love this contribution! Excellent work.

Now having said that, I have a couple of questions/requests that I think can make it even better.

1. If on the ring tones selector in the admin if there was a way to press play to preveiw each one before selecting it (other wise I have to test it from the user side each time, or from my computer (good for the staff as well).

2. Is there a way to set the window size of the popup on the users end so that it is just slightly larger than the border (like the admin is) currently mine comes up short of a full page with lots of wasted white space.

3. Is there a way to make the admin window turn orange in the bottom (start menu) when the window is minimized when there is someone waiting (many other programs do this for various reasons i.e. yahoo IM)

I would start looking into it but I am not a programmer and I have so many other things on my plate, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks again,

I must say I love this contribution! Excellent work.

Now having said that, I have a couple of questions/requests that I think can make it even better.

1. If on the ring tones selector in the admin if there was a way to press play to preveiw each one before selecting it (other wise I have to test it from the user side each time, or from my computer (good for the staff as well).

2. Is there a way to set the window size of the popup on the users end so that it is just slightly larger than the border (like the admin is) currently mine comes up short of a full page with lots of wasted white space.

3. Is there a way to make the admin window turn orange in the bottom (start menu) when the window is minimized when there is someone waiting (many other programs do this for various reasons i.e. yahoo IM)

I would start looking into it but I am not a programmer and I have so many other things on my plate, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks again,

Thanks... 2 of those suggestion could just go directly to dynahost that wrote the actual software at http://www.dayanahost.com/forum2/index.php...SF&f=8& (I just ported it to osCommerce and customized it a bit)

The popup in the catalog and admin can be changed in size. Just look at the javascript in the infobox file and in the admin/includes/header.php and look for the height width settings which are large numbers like 500, 450 or something like that...

Scott

Ok this is strange. On the admin side the screen sizes fine. But on the client side like I said the screen comes up almost as a full page and yet I looked up the settings and they are set at 5xx and 400 already, but for some reason it is not following that? wonder if there is an error in the script?

THis is the script in includes/boxes/live_support.php (I enlarged the sizes a bit as a test)

<script language="javascript"><!--

function phpOnlinePopupWindow() {

var url = "<?php echo $phpOnline_base_url.'/client.php';?>";

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res

izable=no,copyhistory=no,width=650,height=450,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,lef

t=150')

}

//--></script>

Ok this is strange. On the admin side the screen sizes fine. But on the client side like I said the screen comes up almost as a full page and yet I looked up the settings and they are set at 5xx and 400 already, but for some reason it is not following that? wonder if there is an error in the script?

THis is the script in includes/boxes/live_support.php (I enlarged the sizes a bit as a test)

<script language="javascript"></script>

In should read like this with no line break after "res" or after "lef":

<script language="javascript"><!--
 function phpOnlinePopupWindow() {
 var url = "<?php echo $phpOnline_base_url.'/client.php';?>";
window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
 izable=no,copyhistory=no,width=650,height=450,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=1
50,le
f
 t=150')
 }
 //--></script>

in this example you gave, the width is 650 and height 450

you might check your index.php to see if there is another popup script with the same name "popupWindow" - if so, rename that part.

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c