• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Protx Direct v5 Support Thread

Tom,

hope you can help with this (what i think is simple just need the trees moved so the wood is exposed)

firstly - switched to v5 - LOVE IT!

right now my little prob

1st - on the cvv help call up (more info) from payment screen i get stuck on the confirmation bar and it doesn't load up the help popup

i am using on a shared SSL so think its having an issue calling it, which file do i edit to get it to check it goes to my SSL folder (as that is where it is)

if it helps i am using fasthosts Shared SSL (and previous posts said you cant run OsC on fasthosts! B) )

so domains are www.website.co.uk and SSL is vault1.secured-url if that helps?

regards

YT aka Keith

there are 10 types of people who understand binary

those that do, and those that don't

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st - on the cvv help call up (more info) from payment screen i get stuck on the confirmation bar and it doesn't load up the help popup

i am using on a shared SSL so think its having an issue calling it, which file do i edit to get it to check it goes to my SSL folder (as that is where it is)

All sorted

amended the code in the protx_direct.php page (located in - includes/languges/englisg/module/payment)

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TEXT_CVV', 'CVV Number (<a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_CVS_HELP) . '?height=500&width=500" class="thickbox">' . 'More Info' . '</a>)');

to:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PROTX_DIRECT_TEXT_CVV', 'CVV Number (<a href="'. (FILENAME_POPUP_CVS_HELP) . '?height=500&width=500" class="thickbox">' . 'More Info' . '</a>)');

damn this stuff is easy to pick up!

regards YT

there are 10 types of people who understand binary

those that do, and those that don't

yt_boy - glad to hear it's sorted

tronix - I haven't heard any other reports of this particular problem - do you have any mods/contribs install that affect the checkout process? You say it returns stating credit card error - can you please tell me the specific error message?

I've been doing my best to not post asking for troubleshooting advice until I'd managed to help contribute in the slightest on the forum, but today I've had to admit defeat... :( :) Apologies for the life story below, I'm just trying to include as much info in this vague issue as I can!

I'm having a few problems with the protx_process_win popup. I've installed Protx Direct v5 (fantastic contribution by the way, thanks!) and after a bit of persuasion I got it to work together with a tableless shop based on this contribution, without any errors.

A few hours later I managed to break it by doing -something- to my code. Specifically, the CVS help pop up and Protx_process_win popup were no longer functioning. I tracked it down to it being a problem with how my stylesheets and javascript files were being included, which perplexed me greatly as I hadn't done anything to them in the intervening time. Anyway, sorting out my stylesheets and javascript file links solved the problem with the CVS pop-up, but the protx_process_win popup currently displays some strange behaviour. When I click on the link, the screen dims as usual but only a link saying, "click to close this window" appears. The actual content of protx_process appears behind the template on my template. This problem does not appear with the standard checkout_confirmation.php that comes with the Protx Direct 5.0 contribution, so it leads me to believe it's something to do with either the css styles defined for other parts of the page or perhaps a doctype validation problem. However, after many, many hours and lots of caffeine, I'm completely stumped as what is causing it.

Has anyone had any issues similar to this? If so, does anyone have any idea on what might be causing the problem? I know it's something to do with what I've coded rather than a bug with the contribution but I'm at a loss! Apologies once again for how vague this problem is.

Thanks for your time and for any suggestions!

Cheers

Rory

Well that was slightly embarrassing. After resorting to pestering on the forum, I fixed it a few minutes later. Still not quite sure how it came about in the first place, since it spontaneously took issue with something I hadn’t changed for days, but that’s the nature of the css beast I suppose!

Just for future reference for those suffering a similar problem: mine seems to have been caused by a style in my main stylesheet called “content”. When my template was defining a <div> with the id=”content” it got in the way of the ProtX Direct thickbox.css. Switching the div to ID to a class (which it should have been in the first place really, <div class=”content”>) has solved the problem.

Cheers!

Rory

yt_boy - glad to hear it's sorted

tronix - I haven't heard any other reports of this particular problem - do you have any mods/contribs install that affect the checkout process? You say it returns stating credit card error - can you please tell me the specific error message?

Theres no message other than Credit card error - my site is very heavily modded but i have no problems with version 4.4 - version 5 doesn#t seem to talk to the database and there's no acknowledged order anywhere other than in protx database itself. i am going to try again and see if it's something i have done but i am very meticulous when changing anything. Any suggestions would be welcome

TRONIX

Are you using the module in "AUTHENICATE" mode? if so there's a bug I discovered yesterday after investigation someone else's problem on another forum. The bug does nto affect "PAYMENT" or "DEFERRED" mode transactions.

I shall be posting an update soon (tonight hopefully).

Tom,

I'm getting instances of protx order details not showing up in admin/orders.php on a few orders. Upon further investigation I've found that transactions are being recorded in VSP admin with the same order number.

I can't find a common theme, some the orders it happens are are a couple of seconds apart, but then i can find other orders a few seconds apart on which it hasn't happened.

All i know is that I never saw an instance of it on v4.

Any suggestions on what i can look at to help identify the problem?

Thanks

Dave

Is the data in the protx_direct table but not showing on the order page?

Check the customer_id and order_id fields in each row - they need to both match the order_id and customer_id of the order to be displayed in admin.

The wrong order number is being recorded in the table.

here is another example from a couple that happened last night on subsequent orders...

19518 19782 36341 36341-53526208771425930811234557032000 PAYMENT 46.4300 {2AA7E6E5-686A-AED9-C548-5DE30E52324E} OK 0000 : The Authorisation was Successful. 121684849 2KRDSXV4N2 ALL MATCH MATCHED MATCHED MATCHED OK jO0qQwC+yVA8ABEABIlZoLcMX3M= 2008-11-27 21:50:17 
19519 19766 36341 36341-60531777183375115375939016800882 PAYMENT 158.9400 {93E5DB68-3EC5-1B56-A4A2-E9B08AFEE9D0} OK 0000 : The Authorisation was Successful. 121684738 5H5F6KF9UO SECURITY CODE MATCH ONLY NOTCHECKED NOTCHECKED MATCHED NOAUTH   2008-11-27 21:49:42

19507 19129 36331 36331-32418046254092132543576979876892 PAYMENT 402.9200 {75BF0FA9-047A-DA56-D876-43324033D578} OK 0000 : The Authorisation was Successful. 121665898 4EEXN9XAIC SECURITY CODE MATCH ONLY NOTCHECKED NOTCHECKED MATCHED OK jO0qQwC+yVA8ABIAAH8dZ5RZg/s= 2008-11-27 20:04:51 
  19506 19771 36331 36331-71873648040416478549607112270300 PAYMENT 134.9800 {C083B2FB-85A7-593E-6F65-C2FD29DDBBB1} OK 0000 : The Authorisation was Successful. 121666033 OAPDG1V3LK ALL MATCH MATCHED MATCHED MATCHED OK jO0qQwC+yVA8ARALcAezASra5/c= 2008-11-27 20:05:31

I should add that they are showing with the correct order number on the orders page in oscommerce

HTH

Edited by stubbsy

Thanks for the extra info - it looks like the transaction are close together so the order id is overlapping (it is based on taking the auto_increment value of the orders_id in the orders table).

Try editing includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php, find the function after_process() and replace with the following code:

function after_process() {
 global $insert_id;

tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT . " SET order_id = " . (int)$insert_id . " WHERE id = " . (int)$this->protx_id);
}

That should hopefully fix the problem for future orders.

Hi Tom Well I re-installed with the new updated version 5.0b

everything appears fine except i cannot authorise/cancel/repeat etc nothing appears under the action or live Status box it appears as a blank box - any ideas

Payment Method: Protx Direct

Time Payment Type Value Status Status Detail AVS/CV2 Check Address Check Postcode Check CV2 Check 3D Secure Action Live Status

2008-11-28 20:16:13 AUTHENTICATE 7.6900 AUTHENTICATED 2010 : The Authentication was Successful. OK

Hi Tom Well I re-installed with the new updated version 5.0b

everything appears fine except i cannot authorise/cancel/repeat etc nothing appears under the action or live Status box it appears as a blank box - any ideas

Payment Method: Protx Direct

Time Payment Type Value Status Status Detail AVS/CV2 Check Address Check Postcode Check CV2 Check 3D Secure Action Live Status

2008-11-28 20:16:13 AUTHENTICATE 7.6900 AUTHENTICATED 2010 : The Authentication was Successful. OK

Further to this i have reloaded the old file orders_protx.php into the admin and it works ok and shows authorise/cancel in the box - something is not quite right

change line 304 in admin/orders_protx.php

from

if ($transaction['status'] == 'OK')

to:

if ( ($transaction['status'] == 'OK') || ($transaction['status'] == 'REGISTERED') || ($transaction['status'] == 'AUTHENTICATED'))

Edited by perfectpassion

Thanks for the extra info - it looks like the transaction are close together so the order id is overlapping (it is based on taking the auto_increment value of the orders_id in the orders table).

Try editing includes/modules/payment/protx_direct.php, find the function after_process() and replace with the following code:

function after_process() {
 global $insert_id;

tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_PROTX_DIRECT . " SET order_id = " . (int)$insert_id . " WHERE id = " . (int)$this->protx_id);
}

That should hopefully fix the problem for future orders.

Thanks Tom,

I'll give that a go and report back later

Cheers

Dave

change line 304 in admin/orders_protx.php

from

if ($transaction['status'] == 'OK')

to:

if ( ($transaction['status'] == 'OK') || ($transaction['status'] == 'REGISTERED') || ($transaction['status'] == 'AUTHENTICATED'))

Thanks Tom now it's working fine. Great contribution

I installed the update yesterday, looks good. Had 10 orders or so since changing with no issues, until now that is.

A csutomer can't seem to get past checkout_confirmation.php. He says he enters the details, presses the continue button and then:

It justs keep on waiting on the first page on payment after I enter my credit card information and then a blank screen with a horizontal bar flashing with a right lower corner text saying click here to close windows.

He says he is using IE6 with javascript enabled. Although his user agent says this:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; TuneUp HTML Client Embedded Web Browser from: http://bsalsa.com/; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Any ideas? (once again, thanks for all your work :) )

Edited by [email protected]

I'm experiencing the thickbox problem as well. Modal view works but it's blank. It just freezes on the confirmation page. Any recommendation on how to fix this?

Edited by kgp_develop

Does this occur for all users? At exactly which stage does this happen? If all users can you set debug mode to true in admin and try again then paste the info here. If only some users can you post the OS & browser details.

Thanks

Does this occur for all users? At exactly which stage does this happen? If all users can you set debug mode to true in admin and try again then paste the info here. If only some users can you post the OS & browser details.

Thanks

Hi Tom,

Great work on version 5! I have had users experiencing the same problems, They report freezing or being returned to the previous page. One even said they were returned to the basket.

One chap said "each time i have pressed confirm and then the screen has gone black and white" (2 attempts)

I can confirm it works well on Safari Mac (as per a previous query in your thread)

So far I have been unable to reliable capture any information but I think in the mean time will revert to the previous version.

If we capture any details from a failed transaction I will post them here

Thanks

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom... Great contrib, works perfectly on the processing side, I've just got a small problem with the layout of checkout_confirmation.php

For some reason, it's throwing out the nicely centered shop on the above page, and moving everything back over to the left.

Any reason you can think of? I've tried Rory's solution above, with no change.

Thanks!

Matt