• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Page Text

Chudz

Hello, I recently purchased a template from TemplateMonster.com the template has taken the section that shows text on the main page out. I beleave it is to do with the index.php file when I replace it with the orginal the text appear:

Editing Page Texts

The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:

[path to catalog]/includes/languages/english/index.php

That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the Languages->English->Define or Tools->File Manager modules.

Which is what I am after except it breaks the template, any idea what I need to add to my current templates index.php to get this back?

Thanks

Chudz

What do you mean it breaks the template?

Do you have a link to your dev site or anything?

Are you sure you just aren't editing it incorrectly and causing a PHP error?

Rob

PS: You will only get limited support on here using a template site. Many forum members will just leave stupid remarks ;)

Rob Bell - Inspired Graphix

Customising osCommerce in Australia, and the world!

View my profile for web and email links.

I'm sorry, but i cannot offer Free support via PM etc, and osCommerce forums prohibit me from putting any reference to paid support in my signauture.

However viewing my profile may provide links to my website or something like that which you may find useful.

What do you mean it breaks the template?

Do you have a link to your dev site or anything?

Are you sure you just aren't editing it incorrectly and causing a PHP error?

Rob

PS: You will only get limited support on here using a template site. Many forum members will just leave stupid remarks ;)

Sorry didnt put alot of infomation in my post did I :blush:

I managed to fixed it I just had to enter <?php TEXT_MAIN; ?> near the bottom of the index.php file in the table.

Archived