• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for ideas

nextgen

I am trying to make a site that offers custom letter designs for wall ornaments. as well as hanging picture frames. I need to include with the order font sizes and font type for order. Also the autothumb nailer isnt doing such a great job with the images. Is there a way to make the images clearer. Is there a good size to start with. Please any help at all. Heres the site for a visual. http://www.betterletterboutique.com Thanks my friends.

in the tips and tricks i just posted a link on how to make instant thumbnails with photoshop.. its better than the autothumbnailers.

As far as the font size, ect.. you will probably be happy with the attributes type contribution.. lets you use radio buttons, check boxes, custom text fields, ect for attributes..

p.s. i looked at your site quickly and it looks ok, but it loaded VERY slowly

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Thanks for looking so quickly lindsay. I am not sure why it loads slow tonight but i will use the photoshop tip you posted in fact i am gonna look at every post you have done. I have learned so much from your posts so far. Thanks so much for all of your input, you are a life saver my friend.

hah..dont look at ALL of them ;) j/k.. there was just one recent "questionable" post.. no problem with the help.. The photoshot tip works GREAT (if you have photo shop)

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

I have photoshop cs3 and yes you are right. It does save alot of time. On the font question for each product, how can i add a price to them like lets say if you want an 8 inch font it will cost 1.50 more. Is there a way to do that ?

yes.. product attributes that are available in your admin section.. Go to Catalog -> products attributes..

Create an attribute option

FONT SIZE

Create an attribute option value

25 pixels

36 pixles

then you go to the bottom where you will see where you can add that attribute to the product you want. VERY VERY SIMPLE.. that is also where you add the price for each attribute.

You CAN install ATTRIBUTES SETS which lets you create sets of attributes, so if you have a BUNCH of products that will have the same group of attributes, you just go and create a set that has all the attributes AND the prices, and you just pick the product and click ADD ATTRIBUTES SET

Archived