• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can I Use External Images

tlbuckingham

I was wondering if there was a way to use external images for my products instead of having to upload each image to the image directory on the website.

For example say I add a product to my catalog: I choose the category, name, price, description and then I have to browse to my local computer to where the image is and upload it. This was take way to much time as I have over 1000 products.

I found a way to populate data from my old store using excel fomulas but the image link is pointing to external site (e.g., http://www.nameofimagehosting.com/images/videocard.jpg)

Anyway to get OSCommerce to use external link instead (I will be using Easy Populate to import data)

Use EP to import your data and then just ftp the images to your /images directory.

You can write a php script to pull the images once from your "supplier's" site. Some nice examples are on php.net and google.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Use EP to import your data and then just ftp the images to your /images directory.

You can write a php script to pull the images once from your "supplier's" site. Some nice examples are on php.net and google.

I have already been able to use easy populate to import the data. The problem is I cannot pull the images from suppliers site (virtual directory listing is disabled)

I'm trying to find a way to point the image to pull from an external site. I looked to see if there were any modules for this but could not find one.

Guess my post pointed you in the right direction to find out how to write a php script to do that then.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Guess my post pointed you in the right direction to find out how to write a php script to do that then.

It somewhat gave me a push in the right direction.

I was looking at url rewriting with by adding RewriteEngine on in my .htaccess file but how to do this for wildcards (it would take to long to add rewrite for over 1000 times).

For example I would like all current url's for my images to go from "/img/http://www.externalwebsite.com/images/filename.jpg" to "http://www.externetwebsite.com/images/filename.jpg

Archived