• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

syntax error, unexpected T_STRING

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/ladiessy/public_html/includes/languages/english/conditions.php on line 30

What does this mean?

I inputed the text in the area on the conditions page?

You need to escape this symbol ' like this \'

I do not understand? where would this go? do you mean to switch "/" to "\" ?

This is what I have?

<?php

/*

$Id: conditions.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Conditions of Use');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Conditions of Use');

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '<b><center>Welcome to Ladies Symbol.</b></center><br>

<br>Ladies Symbol and its affiliates provide their services to you subject to the following conditions. If you visit or shop at Ladies Symbol, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully. In addition, when you use any current or future Ladies Symbol service or visit or purchase from any business affiliated with Ladies Symbol, whether or not included in the Ladies Symbol Web site, you also will be subject to the guidelines and conditions applicable to such service or business.<br><br>

<br><b>PRIVACY</b><br>

Please review our Privacy Notice,..............');

?>

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/ladiessy/public_html/includes/languages/english/conditions.php on line 30

What does this mean?

I inputed the text in the area on the conditions page?

If you look at line 30 of that file, you most likely see some word using an apostrophe, like It's. Change that to It\'s to remove the error. Apostrophe's is a control character for php so you can't use it without the \ or it confuses the php parser.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you look at line 30 of that file, you most likely see some word using an apostrophe, like It's. Change that to It\'s to remove the error. Apostrophe's is a control character for php so you can't use it without the \ or it confuses the php parser.

Jack

Thanks for the clean insight.. now I'm learning a third language...

Archived