• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any typical issues

nextgen

I am getting set to upload the files to a live server for a preview for a client. Are there any common issues that are known by the more experienced users that i need to know about before sending the preview to the end user. Not running the code myself leaves me in a rough spot of not knowing so if anyone is aware of any must fixes could you please list them here for me my friends ?

Since you didn't post a link to your site, it's hard to say. Have you modified the original download at all or are you planning on using a stock installation? There are a great many issues with the stock installation. It's ugly and clumsy and looks like thousands of other stores out there. It is very SEO unfriendly and there are very few security features built in. It does work right out of the box but it would be a great disservice to offer that to a client.

If you are referring to a store you have customized, please post a link and you should get some useful feedback on the changes.

hth

I am sorry, i meant to ask are there any bugs that are known that i need to look for in the 2.2 release ? Heres my site. I see no errors as of yet just wondering if there are any known issues i should expect. http://www.betterletterboutique.com Great stuff you guys have here, is a snap to get running, thanks so much for this great resource.

Hi

I think webbydeb has a point my opinion would be to get the box headings a bit smaller they tend to overpower the site design, a bit like a wearing size 15 shoes on a size zero model

John

Wow, that design needs serious help. I'd get the look in order before you show it to clients.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Archived