• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce images..

pickyourbag

Hi everyone, I just had a quick question. Does anyone know where the files are located to change the default gif pics on the site? For example the man at the cash register on the front page of the store, the shopping cart bags gif located on the shopping cart page, the pic of the delivery man on the checkout page when your choosing which shipping method you want, the credit cards pic located on the payment page when checking out, the man on the surf board on the order confirmation and email confirmation sent pages, things like this. Are they all located in 1 file or are they all over the place in different files? Any help us appreciated,thanks! : :D

I found where the images were in the images folder and i deleted one which was the man at the cash register on the first index page, but now when i go to the site there is just a box with an X cause there is no pic. So my question is which file do I go into to change that pic to put my own, or delete the whole line all together? Thanks for the advice and time! :D

you can just create a the image you want in its place and name it the same thing that the deleted image was and put YOUR image in the same folder.. Thats the easiest way to change ANYTHING on oscommerce..

What i did was i literally downloaded the ENTIRE images/buttons folder and opened all of them in photoshop, made new ones over the old ones, deleted the old layer, and reuploaded.. no touching of the code needed!!!

you can do the same with ANY image you want!!

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

good advice thanks! But if I already deleted the image that is on the first page how am I supposed to know the name of it or where it is located in which file so I can update it? I know it is table_background_default.gif something like this, but not 100% sure.

Its ok because the code is still there that is calling for that image

Go to the page with the red box.. the right click (or mac ctrl click) and then choose PROPERTIES.. a little box will come up that will show the image location. That will also tell you the image's file name.. name your new image that name and put it in the same folder.. you can do that for ALL images on the site

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Its ok because the code is still there that is calling for that image

Go to the page with the red box.. the right click (or mac ctrl click) and then choose PROPERTIES.. a little box will come up that will show the image location. That will also tell you the image's file name.. name your new image that name and put it in the same folder.. you can do that for ALL images on the site

oh yes, thank yo u so much. :D

You should get an FTP program.. there are loads of them. its a little program that runs on your computer that connects to your host (you have to put in your username and password for the host into the program)

Once you have that configured, you will be connected to the root.. then you choose public_html and then you will see your catalog folder, and then your images folder.. just click through the file structure till you get to the file you want..

You can click on a single file or you can click on an entire folder and choose GET FILE. That will put the file or files on your computer. You can just edit them, save them, and they click PUT FILES and put that same file back on the server. ti will have your new images in it and just do a hard refresh of your site and there they will be.. ITS REALLY EASY!!!

CUTE FTP

File-Zilla Free FTP

SMART FTP FREE

and if you have a mac - use this one

FETCH FTP

not i problem.. i was EXACTLY where you were about a year ago.. so i understand.

You might want to read through the thread in my signature called ROADMAP TO OSCOMMERCE FILE STRUCUTRE

Read teh whole thread because a few posts down is another post I made on that thread that has some more references on how to change the look of your store.

Archived