• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quantity Multiples

I am very new to this web building thing and am learning everyday. i am even armed with the 'Building Online stores with osCommerce: Beginners Edition" book.

Most of my questions i can find answers to here in forums or in the book, but this one has me stumped.

here goes

When i tested my store, i chose an item to purchase and entered the quantity if wished to purchase, however when i click on chechout there is only a quantity of 1 when i selected to purchase 5.

the only way that i can get more than 1 is to go back and click the item again and again to get the quantity i require.

My question is 'HOW DO I FIX THIS'

i realy need to have the quantity go in in one go not having to click back until i get the correct quantity.

Hope someone can help.

christine

www.mysakabeading.com.au

When i tested my store, i chose an item to purchase and entered the quantity if wished to purchase, however when i click on chechout there is only a quantity of 1 when i selected to purchase 5.

This is not standard behaviour of osC. Standard behaviour is adding 1. However, there are (plenty) of contributions that enable that but it needs code changes in product_info.php (can be added to modules/products_listing.php also) and in application_top.php.

Maybe he is saying that when he changes the QTY in the shopping cart contents area??

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Maybe he is saying that when he changes the QTY in the shopping cart contents area??

Yes you are right. Didn't think of that. Of course standard osC behaviour is that you need to click the update button for that, not the checkout button. I think there is a contribution for that too though.

yea.. there is a contribution that will automatically update after you enter a new quantity.. I have that installed on mine and its GREAT>. you you can add the AJAX cart, it sjust more time consuming install

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Thankyou all for your help, i will try your suggestion, i have a bit of a problem with the contributions as i don't know what to do with them.

I am very new to this and i appreciated any help i get.

Once again thanks for the reply

Archived