• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disable Right click..

lindsayanng

I don't know what the deal is but I can still right click.

I don't get it. The exact same script works for me.

:huh:

And if you promise not to hit me....

:blush:

I think you've done something to seriously screw up the formatting.

It don't look as nice as it used to... I don't think.... maybe it's just me.

I think you need a Windows PC to view it on.

*cough* *cough*

:lol:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha.. a windows PC.. i might be able to dig out my 2003 laptop from the basement.. and i MIGHT just connect to the internet..

Funny, we have a 1998 Apple G4 that we actually have been doing half of the internet work on, and it works flawlessly.. Any PC i have ever had blew up after 3 years..

Can you explain to me what the screwy LOOKS are.. Are some tables off?? it should just be a left and right column with the center content.. The header should also be centered.. Its a fixed width..

I did see the second body tag, there was this tag at the wat top:

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" >

and then i added the code you gave me .. this stuff:

<body oncontextmenu="return false" ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false">

So i just combined the two to make this:

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" oncontextmenu="return false" ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false">

so now there is only ONE

i did a page search for body

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Look in your header.php. Towards the top you should see a </table> before this part

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
 <tr class="headerNavigation">
<td class="headerNavigation">  <a href="http://bscphoto.com" class="headerNavigation">Portfolio</a> » <a href="http://bscphoto.com/catalog/index.php" class="headerNavigation">Print Shop</a></td>

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation">
  <a href="https://bscphoto.com/catalog/account.php" class="headerNavigation">My Profile</a>  |  
  <a href="http://bscphoto.com/catalog/shopping_cart.php" class="headerNavigation">View Cart</a>  |  
		<a href="https://bscphoto.com/catalog/login.php" class="headerNavigation">Log In</a>  |  
  <a href="https://bscphoto.com/catalog/checkout_shipping.php" class="headerNavigation">Checkout</a>   
</td>
 </tr>
</table>

YEP.. that </table> is there.. No issues there..

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

I had to go for a while.

I have your photo site up in IE7 and Firefox.

Quite different.

You wouldn't like the IE7 version.

Maybe it's just my pc.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Can you explain to me what the screwy LOOKS are.. Are some tables off?? it should just be a left and right column with the center content.. The header should also be centered.. Its a fixed width..

Are you sure its not an issue? This is your sorce code

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" oncontextmenu="return false" ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false">
<!-- header //-->
</table>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

As you can see you are trying to close a table that is not open.

Ok.. so i should get rid of the </table> in that piece of code??

and germ, would you mind posting a screen shot, as the site looks PERFECT on my screen..

Sent you a link to a screen shot.

Better get a barf bag ready.

:o

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Look at this part

<tr><td align="center"><h4>Responsible Dog Ownership Day Customers: <u>We are happy to announce all images are available for print sales. </u>We are still uloading digital files.</h4></tr></td>

Notice how you closed the </tr> before the </td> at the end of that? Make them </td></tr>

that is SCAREY!!

ya know Bk, one of these days, that WILL sink in.. I am going to fix that.. if any of you on IE^ can check it for me, i would be greatful

ok.. i created a new thread becuse this is beyond the disable right click.. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!

oh, i have watermarks.. I just wil not put them on the thumbnails no matter what.. its all good, i have decided against the disable right click too.. no worries..

I have a bigger issue at hand right now.. My dog decided to chase ONE of my cats while i was holding another, freaked out the cat in my arms and literally, i have a giant gouge on my left boob.. (yes. i was wearing a shirt when i was holding her. )

haha.. you have no idea.. and my husband, the photographer, decided he could get a really artistic photo of a boob dripping with blood.. how often do you get an image like that for real?

Whilst I don't want to appear paranoid... Did you try my code and find it not to work? I'm curious, cause it works fine for me, I tested it in a couple of my OSC sites! Sometimes I feel invisible...

dan, i did try your code, it was one of the first i tried.. Ip ut it in my header where you said and nothing.. it did not work for me in Firefox.

Getting disable right click to work-->$250

Getting your tables put together-->$500

Getting a gouge in your boob-->Priceless :P

Hilarious!! But not hilarious is the boob injury :o OUCH

Jim, love the new sig line *giggle*

As an aside I changed a bunch of things yesterday, width, menu blah blah and on my Mac in Safari, perfeck!

In IE my colours looked like a wash out dish rag :blink:

On Firefox, colours ok but things did not line up as they did on the previous 2 browsers :huh:

A girl just can't dam well win :lol: The world really needs to all get on a Mac and that is all there is too it hahahaha :P

@Heather

Browsers - Can't live with'em, can't shoot'em.

About the sig line - It's something we all thought of and liked. Not ALL of us! Yes we did!! I told you it was a mistake!!!

Looks like I'll have to get back to you on that.

:blush:

This thread just keeps me in stitches. I hope Lindsay keeps us abreast of the situation...

;)

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

In HEADER:

<script src="includes/jquery.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script src="includes/jquery.rightClick.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

In product_info.php surround your image with div like this:

<div id="protected_image">

<?php echo '<a title="' . $product_info['products_name'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], PRODUCT_IMAGE...

</div>

In FOOTER:

In product_info.php at the bottom of page:

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">

$("#protected_image").noContext();

</script>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

This thread just keeps me in stitches. I hope Lindsay keeps us abreast of the situation...

;)

Thanks to Lindsay we are milking this thread for all its worth

About the sig line - It's something we all thought of and liked. Not ALL of us! Yes we did!! I told you it was a mistake!!!

I have so many voices in my head I have named them all. Indian Joe, Disco Dan, Psycho Sam, Betty, George, Steve and Al. I talk and fight with them so much my sister got me a shirt that says, I hear voices in my head and they don't like you.

Thanks to Lindsay we are milking this thread for all its worth

We'll just have to wait till she gets back to hear the udder side of the story.

I think I'm going to have another cup of coffee while I wait.

:rolleyes:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Omg you guys seriously are too much fun..

boob update - hurts, cant wear a bra or sleep on my lef side

Site update - i think i MIGHT have given up on the disable right click. Customers are still buying the low res files even though they can click the REALLY REALLY low res tiny files..

Oh yea, and i was STILL fighting that stupid customer required fields contribution. I THOUGHT i could have just left it, required all fields and deal with uninstalling later.. nope. That stupid contribution took out ALL of the countries, which means no one could check out.. lovely. Got it fixed though.

Don't Lindsay you will.....bounce back from this. Unless the kitty deflated your titty then you habe more problems than no right click and required fields.

Archived