• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing the Site Title

AndreaFahy

I've moved my webshop to a different domain and need to change the site name that shows up in the top of the browser. Where can I make this change? I've looked around in my admin panel and through some files and can't seem to figure it out yet.

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

It's the store name, so if you change that in the admin area it changes the page title.

If you don't want to do that you can change it in includes/languages/english.php

about line 48

Hope that helps!

Dan

It's the store name, so if you change that in the admin area it changes the page title.

If you don't want to do that you can change it in includes/languages/english.php

about line 48

Hope that helps!

Dan

Weird, I don't have the old store name in the admin anywhere.

If I change store_name to Partners for Parrots in that file, this happens:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_FOR in /home/httpd/vhosts/partnersforparrots.org/httpdocs/shop/includes/languages/english.php on line 48

Any other ideas? I only see one place within the admin panel to set the store name.

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

Very odd but... have you got title tags in your header file? Open includes/header.php and see if there are title tags in there?

I assume you don't mean the logo file as stated above, you mean the page title in the bar at the top pf the browser?

What software do you use? Can you run a find for Bonsai Birds? If so, try that and see if there is a title tag anywhere else!

Dan

that's because 'bonsai birds' is the logo. your logo is in the file /shop/images/bb.gif - if you change that image, you can make it say 'partners for parrots' or whatever else you like.

No, not the logo. I haven't had time to make a new logo yet. I am talking about the very top bar of the internet browser where it shows the title of the website. It says Bonsai Birds still.

Kindly,

Andrea Fahy

No, not the logo. I haven't had time to make a new logo yet. I am talking about the very top bar of the internet browser where it shows the title of the website. It says Bonsai Birds still.

Yeah, and, did you read my post too?

Looking at the HTML source:

<title>Bonsai Birds</title><!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

I'd hazard a guess it's "hard coded" in /shop/index.php

(Inserted out of place, I might add. :blush: )

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived