• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback on my website

Crystal Planet

Hello,

Please give feedback on my store Crystal Planet - Swarovski Crystal Figurines

I would like to change some things, like under the Information Tab have each category separated a little more so they don't blend in so well, but would like some general feedback on what a Customer would think when they first see our website.

If it is too busy or not enough information etc.

Thanks for your time

Steff

I'm looking at the site and the first thing I would do would be to dump the text on the first page. Too much info. Put that info in secondary pages.

I like the header banner, but it's too big for the amount of image you've got. Instead of centering the images in the banner, I'd make them smaller and adjust them to the left.

I'd also make images to head your infoboxes rather than just text. Maybe a small crystal as a add-on in the image.

Like for categories, a tiny crystal with 'Categories' in a different but complimentary font. I see there is something there on categories, but I can't tell what it is.

I'd also add some color to the site....probably keeping with the colors in your header logo/banner.

Make different buttons and get rid of the stock oscommerce icons.

That's a first cuppa coffee review :)

I would put your ebay listings below your 'New Products' box.

Get rid of the languages infobox. You only have one language. It's useless and takes up space.

you need to remove the text and ebay listing on the first page, as you advertising your store on internet, not the ebay.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Header image - interesting - you could do some good stuff based on that. I'd be tempted to use the two shades of blue in the planet to use on the rest of your site.

Rest of header - too big.

Rest of site - poor. Looks like the colour scheme of "the exchange project" which is what oscommerce used to be known as.

Header image - interesting - you could do some good stuff based on that. I'd be tempted to use the two shades of blue in the planet to use on the rest of your site.

Rest of header - too big.

Rest of site - poor. Looks like the colour scheme of "the exchange project" which is what oscommerce used to be known as.

Agreed about the shades. That's what I was seeing in my head.

Thank you so much for all of the feedback!!

I am kinda new to doing this and do not know my way around the website very well, that is why a lot of things are the basic oscommerce. I am looking for someone who would be able to help with the Buttons, instead of the normal oscommerce ones, I hate the ones we have at the moment but I do not know how to change them.

I will get to work on removing what I can right now, but if anybody can help or knows of someone who can help can you please let me know.

Any more feedback will be highly appreciated!!!

Thank you,

Steff

Thank you so much for all of the feedback!!

I am kinda new to doing this and do not know my way around the website very well, that is why a lot of things are the basic oscommerce. I am looking for someone who would be able to help with the Buttons, instead of the normal oscommerce ones, I hate the ones we have at the moment but I do not know how to change them.

I will get to work on removing what I can right now, but if anybody can help or knows of someone who can help can you please let me know.

Any more feedback will be highly appreciated!!!

Thank you,

Steff

There are some button sets in the contributions section. I also make some, but nothing I've uploaded to the contributions will match your site.

theres a guy on here called DATAMOUSE who makes some cute buttons.. search his name, i think he has a link to his site somewhere.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

theres a guy on here called DATAMOUSE who makes some cute buttons.. search his name, i think he has a link to his site somewhere.

Somebody called...?

:rolleyes:

Would you like my feedback too...?

1. Home page has (for me) too many boxes and text. You can afford to lose some from here.

2. Languages box is one of them. If you only have one language, sack the box off. It's in the column file sin teh includes/ directory.

3. Images are too small. Your pieces are stunning - but I can't see them! Increase the size.

4. On the subject of images, get yourself a contribution that allows you to have a different large image. The thumbnail should be one pic - the enlarge should be a big pic. At the moment, you have the same pic squeezed into a small space. Makes it look skewed. Lightbox is a good addition - see my site for an example (http://www.datamouse.biz/catalog)

5. Default icons are pants. Things like the Andy Worhol hand in the reviews box need changing. Your site sells class items - make your images and icons class too.

6. You're using SEO URLs and Header Tags - good job. These are a great contrib.

7. Buttons (as you know) need to match the layout.

8. The font is quite small. Maybe move it up a notch.

9. Your eBay store is great - but remember that it also directs people away from your site to another, where you competitors live. I'd take the eBay stuff off the homepage and, if you insist on having it, put it in a subpage somewhere.

10. Counter at bottom right - sack it off. It serves no purpose other than advertising how few people visit your site. Either advertise that you're small (and can give personal service etc), or lose it.

That should give you some stuff to work with :rolleyes:

Dun da da DAAAAA DATAMOUSE TO THE RESCUE!!!

take his advice.. he knows what he is talking about

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Dun da da DAAAAA DATAMOUSE TO THE RESCUE!!!

take his advice.. he knows what he is talking about

*shucks*

Archived