• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products Cycle Slideshow

Olof Larsson

I've just got this working on my almost clean install of 2.3.1 - I've put an updated file at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6238 if anyone is interested

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just got this working on my almost clean install of 2.3.1 - I've put an updated file at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6238 if anyone is interested

Hey thanks for that. Are you able to make it to do this?

http://www.bdsklep.pl/

Looks like he has a generic image and when you click on it, it actually takes you to a category, not a product. I think that would be a more effective seller

HAVE AN IMAGE OF AN APPLE, DISCUSSING ABOUT IT WITH SOME TEXT AND BE ABLE TO CLICK IT TO TAKE YOU TO THE APPLE CATEGORIES.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok figured out how to use with Define_mainpage:

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" align="center"><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'products_cycle_slideshow.php'); ?></td>

</tr>

SUGGESTION?: Add a timer function in admin so we can select speed of scroll, if left to right, top to bottom.

I have Define Main Page installed and followed your suggestion above but I get this error now:

Warning: main(includes/modules/products_cycle_slideshow.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mette/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 302

Warning: main(includes/modules/products_cycle_slideshow.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mette/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 302

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/products_cycle_slideshow.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mette/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 302

I have STS installed I don't know if that is causing a problem. Please can you help me?

Thanks

Lotti

I have Define Main Page installed and followed your suggestion above but I get this error now:

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/products_cycle_slideshow.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mette/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 302

I have STS installed I don't know if that is causing a problem. Please can you help me?

Thanks

Lotti

Sorry my bad - user error!

!~CHALLENGE~!

* * Calling up Images from a Category and/or Sub-Category * *

Just wondering if there was a way to ADD a new configuration line where you could choose a Category, or even better, a sub-category of images and how many images to display?

And is there a way to scroll through the numbers that aren't displayed? If I set my display to 100, for example, my site only allows a width to display 16 "buttons". It'd be cool if there was a "First", "Prev Page", "Next Page", and "Last" buttons. But I can live with 16 if someone can help me modify it to pick up a select category.

Hi, ned help for this error

Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16920 bytes) in /hermes/web09c/b653/moo.nukuaes/tienda/includes/modules/products_cycle_slideshow.php on line.

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /hermes/web09c/b653/moo.nukuaes/tienda/includes/application_top.php on line 326

this is the line 326 $navigation->add_current_page();

and this is the block

// navigation history

if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_navigation = $navigation;

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

$navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);

}

} else {

tep_session_register('navigation');

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

}

$navigation->add_current_page();

My php version is 5.2.12

Thanks

No external links here, thank you

Lionel, how many images do you have and how big are they?

Images for your products should be no bigger than 800 pixels on their longest side and be an optimised .jpg of around 20kb - the allowed memory size will allow for around 15-1600 images at this size

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

!~CHALLENGE~!

* * Calling up Images from a Category and/or Sub-Category * *

Just wondering if there was a way to ADD a new configuration line where you could choose a Category, or even better, a sub-category of images and how many images to display?

And is there a way to scroll through the numbers that aren't displayed? If I set my display to 100, for example, my site only allows a width to display 16 "buttons". It'd be cool if there was a "First", "Prev Page", "Next Page", and "Last" buttons. But I can live with 16 if someone can help me modify it to pick up a select category.

Tammy, when I installed on mine I commented out the line for the buttons as I couldn't see the point of them - a bit like playing roulette (click on a number and see what you get)

My own thoughts and reason why I wanted to use the contribution was to replace the awful "What's New For Xxxxxxxxx" line and 9 static images that 'haven't changed since your prospective customer was on your site last month' :rolleyes:

After running the contrib since the beginning of December I know that it changes whenever I add new products or best sellers change I think I have mine set for 5 new and 10 best sellers - that is just under twice as many as a standard index page, larger images and importantly a showcase for my store.

Now to answer your question...

The answer is probably yes, unfortunately the original author is not around to do it for you (he was good like that ;) ), I suspect the answer lies in studying the code where each direct is and copying and amending the code to direct to a (sub)category instead

Omar,

If you follow the instructions there is no reason why it shouldn't work, only one addition to make to the index.php page and a sql query to run in phpMyAdmin, plus the following uploads:

New folder - images/pcs_images

New files:

Catalog/includes/jquery-1.2.6.min.js

Catalog/includes/jquery.cycle.all.min.js

Catalog/includes/jquery.easing.1.3.js

Catalog/includes/modules/products_cycle_slideshow.php

There is also a separate manual to show you how to work it

Perhaps you would care to elaborate as to why yours is not working?

Julian, I am new on this... I have installed the install.sql on my database. I can use the setup on the admin page, but I am not able to see the images on the shop...what am I doing wrong?

Best Regards

Hi Cristian,

I feel like a blind man... B)

I don't know what you are doing wrong because I don't know what you have not done

I know you have done the sql install successfully as you have something in admin...

You should have a value for at least one of the first 3 (items) - 2 or more new products, best sellers or specials - you need to have them as well - choosing 10 specials won't produce anything if you have no specials

The question I have to ask now is have you uploaded all the new files and one new folder (should have permissions of 755)?

have you put the one line of code in your catalog/index.php (in the right place)

Have you put the 16 lines of code in your catalog/stylesheet.css

JulianThanks for the prompt response... Here the details...

You should have a value for at least one of the first 3 (items) - 2 or more new products, best sellers or specials - you need to have them as well - choosing 10 specials won't produce anything if you have no specials

I added many new products to see how it worked

The question I have to ask now is have you uploaded all the new files and one new folder (should have permissions of 755)?

I ve put all the files where it was supposed... 3 files in Modules and an image folder for the images

have you put the one line of code in your catalog/index.php (in the right place)

That is a good question! Where and wich should be the line?

Have you put the 16 lines of code in your catalog/stylesheet.css

GAME OVER!!!!!! I havent put anything there... I am a NEWBIE on PHP, SQL, CSS but thanks to this forum I am learning fast!!!

Can you post an step by step procedure if It is not much to ask?

THANKS AGAIN!

Cristian

Cristian,

from the installation.txt:

catalog/index.php

Find around 258:

<div class="contentText">
   <?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>
 </div>

Add after:

<div class="slideshow"><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'products_cycle_slideshow.php'); ?>
 </div>

Find 2-3 lines below:

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); 

comment out:

//    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS);

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

Add before the final ?>

define('BOX_HEADING_BESTSELLERS', 'Best Seller');
define('BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW', 'New');
define('BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS', 'Promotion');

catalog/stylesheet.css

Add the following to the end 

/*--- Beginning of Addition Products Cycle Slideshow ---*/
.slideshow {
 padding-left: 10px;
}

.ProductsCycleSlideshowWrapper { width: 504px; padding:0; margin:0; overflow: hidden; text-align:center;}
.ProductsCycleSlideshow { height: 310px; width: 500px; padding:0; margin:0; overflow: hidden; border: 2px solid #bbc3d3; background-color:#fff;}
.PCSChild { height: 296px; width: 486px; padding: 7px; text-align:center; top:0; left:0 }
.PCSChild  a { text-decoration: none; color:000;}
.PCSChild  a img { border: none; border-width:0px;}
.PCSOutput { text-align:center; font-size:14px;}
.PCSOutput a { text-decoration: none; color:#000; }
.PCSPager { margin:7px; }
.PCSPager a { border: 1px solid #bbc3d3; background: #fff; color:#bbc3d3; text-decoration: none; margin: 0 5px; padding: 3px 5px; font-size:12px;}
.PCSPager a.activeSlide { border: 1px solid #000; background: #bbc3d3; color:#000;}
.PCSPager a:focus { outline: none; }
/*--- End of Addition Products Cycle Slideshow ---*/

catalog/index.php means you will find the index.php in the catalog folder

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php means you will find this index.php in the english folder, which is in the languages folder, which is in the includes folder, which is in the catalog folder

(the first index.php is the program, the second is the text language i.e. what you would read on the page)

Hi Mogens

It could help if you did translate it to english, we are very few understanding Danish in here <_<

but try to look in the code, in lini 211 they code ask for a sign and thats the problem.

great contrib!!!

i will no more force my best selling product, because it's too old. but i will still have it in shop. is there a possibility to not show it on bestsellers? mean, to comment out a product for this contribution?

thx for answering

Step by STep procedure completed but nothing is showing... just white. Not even white images with links... nothing. I am doing something wrong thats for sure... But cant figure out what is it?

Cristian,

The box will show white when there are no images for the program to load, that would point to the set up in admin is wrong or you have no best sellers, new products or specials.

With a new store you won't get a best seller without buying something, try loading up some new products as well...

great contrib!!!

i will no more force my best selling product, because it's too old. but i will still have it in shop. is there a possibility to not show it on bestsellers? mean, to comment out a product for this contribution?

thx for answering

I would suppose it is possible but would it be worth it? You certainly do not have to show any of your best sellers just concentrate on new products and specials, mind you, if you have 10 of each showing, your top best seller is only going to show 1 in 30 times - about once every 4 minutes - would your customers stay on your index page for 4 minutes?

• 5 weeks later...

I have just installed this on my website and the admin shows everything up ok... i am running 2.3.1...

it doesnt scroll and i have changed the admin settings to do so...

http://www.getmaxxed.com

it looks like a page error and the error code says "object doesnt support this property or method"

any ideas?

please help... thanks