• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products Cycle Slideshow

Olof Larsson

The images are all ok, the even have short names below 8 chars and without any special chars. IE shows them without problems - FF3 not. Emtpying the cache doesnt effect.

the black background is not within the images, it is to the left and right of my products images. fileformat is JPG. image width maybe 100px, the box to show them is 200px, the black appears right and left to the image. its the background of the box.

Edited by Sir.K.O.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great contribution, but this is a quirk that may have to make us pull it from our site. The pictures with the black background surrounding it is really, really annoying - it just looks like we didn't add pictures correctly. The only fix we can recommend is using full size pictures specifically for this, that give you the appearance you want or display only pictures that do not have this background (by this mod) - something not feasible for most.

Still working on this...

Great contribution, but this is a quirk that may have to make us pull it from our site. The pictures with the black background surrounding it is really, really annoying - it just looks like we didn't add pictures correctly. The only fix we can recommend is using full size pictures specifically for this, that give you the appearance you want or display only pictures that do not have this background (by this mod) - something not feasible for most.

Still working on this...

New version released: 1.2

New in this version:

*Pictures with transparency will not get black background anymore. All images are outputted as JPG with white background. :lol:

New version released: 1.2

New in this version:

*Pictures with transparency will not get black background anymore. All images are outputted as JPG with white background. :lol:

WOW!!

This guy is good!!!

Talk soon. I have work for you just trying to decide what, be back in town after Tuesday!~

c

Hi Olof,

tried to make your contri php4 compatibel. php doesnt know things like "public" or "private". Thats why you can find a version of the thumbnail.inc for php4 on the original website of the thumbnailer. i compared it with winmerge as described before. what else needs to be changed? you mentionend something, but i dont know what you mean...

another thing was written on the page " IMPORTANT PHP 4 NOTE

You must remember to call the destruct() function at then end of your scripts in order to deallocate the memory used for the image manipulation, similar to the way you must always call fclose() when you use fopen(). The PHP 5 class does this automatically, so there is no need to explicitly call this function (it doesn’t exist as a matter of fact!)."

perhaps this has something to do with the problem on php4? http://www.gen-x-design.com/projects/php-thumbnailer-class/

thx for helping !

greets jupiters

WOW!!

This guy is good!!!

Talk soon. I have work for you just trying to decide what, be back in town after Tuesday!~

c

Thanks lol :lol:

Thank you (everyone) for telling me that fixing this was important. I did not fix this in the beginning as I did not use transparency in the images on my store and all my images was so large they where resized down in size by the thumbnailer class (making me immune to this black-background error). However it will happen that stores has smaller andor transparent images thus making this important to fix.

This forum is great. Thanks people. Without all your help with error testing and ideas the contribution would not improve this fast :)

Improvement ideas i currently have:

* I'm not sure if the resized images can be cached by browsers right now... This should be possible and fixed if it currently is not possible.

* The images should be preloaded before the slideshow starts. Otherwise, if you have a slow Internet connection, you will see the slideshow moving and images loading at the same time (ugly).

* Custom items in the slideshow (Would make demonstrations of other stuff than products possible)

* Sort order for items in the slideshow.

Does anyone have any more ideas?

Hello,

Great Contrib i really want it for my shop but i got still one little problem:

I get still the error message: FILE NOT FOUND!

When i go directly to: http://....../catalog/show_resized_image.php?filename=images/mini_inferno/Servohalterung.jpg%20&width=482&height=292

i become the same error but when i delete the %20 after the file name it will be displayed correctly.

Same Problem in Firefox or IE7. I think its only a smal problem but i don't have any idea to fix it!

I really like this contrib. Please Help

THX for helping

greets 2fix

Sorry for my bad english! :unsure:

Hello,

Great Contrib i really want it for my shop but i got still one little problem:

I get still the error message: FILE NOT FOUND!

When i go directly to: http://....../catalog/show_resized_image.php?filename=images/mini_inferno/Servohalterung.jpg%20&width=482&height=292

i become the same error but when i delete the %20 after the file name it will be displayed correctly.

Same Problem in Firefox or IE7. I think its only a smal problem but i don't have any idea to fix it!

I really like this contrib. Please Help

THX for helping

greets 2fix

Sorry for my bad english! :unsure:

No one an Idea?

For any kind of help I would really appreciate!

Thanks

%20 is an url-encoded space. Why is there a whitespace there? Have I put it there or have you somehow? :blink:

I'll look into this later.

I've nothing changed on the original code! I use SEO URLs contrib, perhaps is that the reason!? :unsure:

Thanks for your help!

Greets

I've nothing changed on the original code! I use SEO URLs contrib, perhaps is that the reason!? :unsure:

Thanks for your help!

Greets

I don't know how to help you, but to let you know, I have SEO URLs on mine and is not affecting this contribution. I would check the files again and compare them, usually that works for me.

-Ricardo

New version online: Products Cycle Slideshow V1.3

New in this version:

*PHP4 compability

*Server- and Browser-side cache

*Image output quality configuration option in the admin panel.

*Easier installation

*Fixed a bug for horizontal positioning of images

Please report any bugs you may encounter ^^

Good Contrib, installed easy, i have 10+ major contrib installed already and luckily none had used the 3 main files that need to be edited / replaced, however i think i have noticed 1 typo which doesnt seem to cause an issue but thought i would flag it anyway.

\catalog\includes\boxes\best_sellers.php in the original has a $, in replacement does not, as shown below

if (isset($current_category_id) && ([color="#FF0000"][b]$[/b][/color]current_category_id >0)){

Also

when you go into product info page, the Javascript sources do not get loaded, and the slideshow does not work, unsure if i missed something or have a modofies index.php which causes the issue but i fixed it by adding the javascript sources into catalog\product_info.php

//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/lightbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/builder.js"></script>
[color="#FF0000"]<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.2.6.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.cycle.all.pack.js"></script>[/color]

** please note may not have all these scripts installed but the above indicates roughly where you should place the new lines)

see this contrib in action here - fireplace2u.co.uk

(still work in progress)

Edited by Jan Zonjee

ammendment to the above, most other pages dont get the script headers, to fix this i have added the 2 scripts lines to my sts template page just below $headcontent

$headcontent

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.2.6.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.cycle.all.pack.js"></script>

** We all live and learn ** - Please not i am by no means an expert, i knew nothing about PHP or OSC before i installed OSC in August 08. Please note you will not have this problem if you simply follow the instructions in the contrib, however if you do just follow the instructions in this contrib your slideshow will not work on every page that you have it on. - the 2 script lines need to be added to page that will be included on ALL your pages containing the slideshow, as mentioned earlier and below, i have mine in my STS template page

I have Found further issues with a conflict of Javascript prototype clashes with Jquery, JQuery is widely referenced as $ this contrib therefore clashes with other contribs containing javascript and needs to be re-referenced to remove this conflict, ( i believe it is the Prototype.js that is causing issue)

at the bottom of each of the 3 files you modified or copied over

Specials.php

Whats_new.php

Best_sellers.php

you will find the following code similar to the following (may differ slightly due to how you have configured your slideshows)

<script type="text/javascript">

$(function(){

$('#BSContainer').cycle({

fx: 'fade',

pause: 1,

delay: 2000

});

});

</script>

what you are looking for is to change the $(function(){ and the $('#BSContainer) changed both $ to $J, do this for all 3 PHP files

it should now look like this

<script type="text/javascript">

$J(function(){

$J('#BSContainer').cycle({

fx: 'fade',

pause: 1,

delay: 2000

});

});

</script>

NOW Part 2, wherever you have added your Script lines (i have mine in my head section of my STS template) Immediatly below them add the folowing highlighted in RED

<script type="text/javascript" src="/catalog/js/jquery-1.2.6.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/catalog/js/jquery.cycle.all.pack.js"></script>

<script> var $j = jQuery.noConflict(); </script>

Appears to work perfectly!! - fireplace2u.co.uk

Smiler

Good Contrib, installed easy, i have 10+ major contrib installed already and luckily none had used the 3 main files that need to be edited / replaced, however i think i have noticed 1 typo which doesnt seem to cause an issue but thought i would flag it anyway.

\catalog\includes\boxes\best_sellers.php in the original has a $, in replacement does not, as shown below

if (isset($current_category_id) && ([color="#FF0000"][b]$[/b][/color]current_category_id >0)){

Also

when you go into product info page, the Javascript sources do not get loaded, and the slideshow does not work, unsure if i missed something or have a modofies index.php which causes the issue but i fixed it by adding the javascript sources into catalog\product_info.php

//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/lightbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/builder.js"></script>
[color="#FF0000"]<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.2.6.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.cycle.all.pack.js"></script>[/color]

** please note may not have all these scripts installed but the above indicates roughly where you should place the new lines)

see this contrib in action here - fireplace2u.co.uk

(still work in progress)

Prototype and Jquery may work bad together as they both use the function name '$'.

To not miss things in installations; use Beyond Compare ^^

Olaf,

Not sure if you mis interpreted my replies,

i installed the contrib perfectly, nothing got missed, however the instructions leave problems that needs to be fixed as explained above. the slideshow does not work on all pages unless you install the fix and re-assign the $ to another variable, once done this work perfect, i believe those adjustments should be added back into the contrib and a revised edition uploaded (if you agree and validate what i have said, i dont have time at this point to do that but may do in the future).

Olaf,

Not sure if you mis interpreted my replies,

i installed the contrib perfectly, nothing got missed, however the instructions leave problems that needs to be fixed as explained above. the slideshow does not work on all pages unless you install the fix and re-assign the $ to another variable, once done this work perfect, i believe those adjustments should be added back into the contrib and a revised edition uploaded (if you agree and validate what i have said, i dont have time at this point to do that but may do in the future).

Sorry, I missed some posts you wrote. :rolleyes: sorry. My bad.

Yes, to use var $j = jQuery.noConflict(); is a solution. However other contributions might use jquery in it's $ form... Perhaps usage of var $j = jQuery.noConflict(); will make this contribution unusable with other contributions...

Hello,

I've searched how to delete the white background underneath each image, but couldn't guess how : int CSS, int the cyle js file, it's always remaining white.

Why,

Thanks a lot

Patrick

The white color is in the css and in each generated jpg image. JPG does not support transparency. You would have to reprogramm the code to use PNG with transparency and change the CSS ^^

Great add on. Is it possible to not have the images resize and or adjust the size of the image?

Currently not supported by the contribution... Why would you want to do that? :rolleyes:

Reasons Not to simply adjust size:

*Browser resized images look ugly in most browsers

*Image size is larger

Great add on. Is it possible to not have the images resize and or adjust the size of the image?

I

if you have the cont 3 pictures for the produt, you have products_image; products_image_med and products_image_pop.

try replace in the products_cycle_slideshow.php all products_image for products_image_med.

And when you enter the picture in the product you can control the image size

jn