• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Website Payments Standard / IPN Invalid [Completed]

Hi chaps and chapettes.

I've had a search around the forums and seem to be going round in circles and confusing myself reading older and older posts that may not be relevant any more. So thought I'd swallow my pride and just ask instead... If it's been covered a thousand times before and I've missed the answer then please just give me a prod in the right direction and delete my post :rolleyes: (I get annoyed when newbies on my own forum can't use the search button and here I am doing the same thing on your forum!)

I'm using the Paypal Website Standard module (as bundled in with V2.2 RC2 of OSC) with a UK business pay-pay-and-pay-again-pal account.

Question 1

Looking in an "Order History" I see the following:- "09/16/2008 Pending PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]" and I get an email titled "Paypal IPN Invalid Process"

Now I've only just set this up and don't yet have Instant Payment Notification enabled on my Paypal account as I was unsure that the path should be for the "Notification URL:"

Will all this be fixed by enabling IPN, and if so what is the path I should be using? (I've seen posts with references to IPN contribution modules from a couple of years ago and also some saying that Website Standard doesn't need one so am a tad confused.)

Question 2

Enable Encrypted Web Payments, do I need / want this? First thought is more security is good. Second thought is more complication whilst starting a new business is bad. Also Paypal's help guide refers to using HTML buttons on a website as opposed to the OSC software, so just wanted to be clear if I should be setting this up straight away or if it's redundant at this point?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this. Even more thanks if you reply. B)

Cheers,

Owen.

Edited by Owen & Swat Motorsport

Enable Encrypted Web Payments, do I need / want this? First thought is more security is good

not really, as it's send to your server (from PayPal) the following information :

Completed

Total Sum: £5.99 or $8.00

PayPal transaction ID: 66TF99XX326436

Invoice number: 1232

don't be stupid by spending more than 10 minutes to secure sort of crap, as it's not personal information.

Edited by web-project

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments, do I need / want this? First thought is more security is good

not really, as it's send to your server (from PayPal) the following information :

don't be stupid by spending more than 10 minutes to secure sort of crap, as it's not personal information.

OK Alex, thanks for explaining that.

Cheers,

Owen.