• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple credit card errors

milauskas

Hi all,

Another big hurdle...

I've installed osC using a template. Don't know if that is the reason for the problems, but...

I'm trying to use the credit card payment module. My client already has a cc terminal in her store and wants to process cc's that way. However, when I try to test the cc module, I get the error:

The first four digits of the number entered are: If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card. If it is wrong, please try again.

1) First is the fact that I'm getting the error at all

2) You can see there are no digits included in this error (I'm using the test card number 4111111111111111).

3) Despite being unable to complete the transaction, orders SHOW UP in the admin section (as a registered user, I get emails, telling me Ive completed a purchase)

4) The cc # does not get split (I get no email with the middle numbers, nor do the outer numbers appear in the order form in Admin)

I've scoured the forums to find a solution that fits, but no luck. I've tried altering the cc_validation.php code as follows:

I've changed

if (ereg('^4[0-9]{12}([0-9]{3})?$', $this->cc_number)) {

to

if (ereg('^4[0-9]{12}([0-9]{1}|[0-9]{3})?$', $this->cc_number)) {

However, then I get the error: "The expiry date is invalid..."

So, following another post, after this line:

function validate($number, $expiry_m, $expiry_y) {

I add:

return 1;

This only makes it worse. When I try the cc again I get the following:

Warning: str_repeat() [function.str-repeat]: Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0 in /home/content/r/o/c/rochelle08/html/includes/modules/payment/cc.php on line 134

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/r/o/c/rochelle08/html/includes/modules/payment/cc.php:134) in /home/content/r/o/c/rochelle08/html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

Help!

Tell your client that if she takes credit card payments online and runs them through her EPOS terminal then she is violating the terms and conditions of the agreement she made when she got the EPOS machine.

EPOS machines are only to be used for "Cardholder Present" transactions, and if she wants to take "Cardholder Not Present" transactions online then she either has to use a payment processor like Pay Pal, or else pay to get an Internet Merchant ID and then use a company like Protx or Sec Pay to handle online transactions.

Vger

Tell your client that if she takes credit card payments online and runs them through her EPOS terminal then she is violating the terms and conditions of the agreement she made when she got the EPOS machine.

EPOS machines are only to be used for "Cardholder Present" transactions, and if she wants to take "Cardholder Not Present" transactions online then she either has to use a payment processor like Pay Pal, or else pay to get an Internet Merchant ID and then use a company like Protx or Sec Pay to handle online transactions.

Vger

Got it. Where can I get more info on these rules?

Even so, I'd still like to know why I am getting the errors I'm getting. Paypal would make things a LOT easier from my end, but I'd still like to know about the errors. Even if the cc module is not for production use, it's not working correctly for me.

Even when I get the invalid cc # error, the first 4 digits of the cc *should* show up in the error (from what I understand). Any insight into this?

THanks!

The cc module was put together some time around 2001 or 2002 and hasn't been updated since then - so it is woefully out of date with all new credit card issue numbers. For instance, it doesn't recognise a whole host of Master Card numbers for which the first 4 digits are not recognised by the module.

Vger

Archived