• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ready for my first round of feedback on new photography site

lindsayanng

i'm not a shrink i know i knew what techniques this guy was using, but i figured i might as well go along with it..

anyways, i had the WORSE night sleep. i was dreaming that i fell into my computer and bianary code was chasing me, and the attributes were falling from the sky.. then my kitty walked in and started licking my face, then her face melted..

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN???

oh, i know. i am one day away from my deadline and some idiot isnt emailing me back!!

Lets put a dead fish at his doorstep :o

What does it mean? YOU'RE FREAKING OUT! (I'll send you my bill in the mail :lol: )

It's okay....you've got a day. Let's see what transpires.....anything on the general help thread?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no answers yet in my help thread.. i spent most of the night TRYING to find answers online, but as far as i got was issues with people who used the ajax attributes, nothing that has to do with my setup

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

no answers yet in my help thread.. i spent most of the night TRYING to find answers online, but as far as i got was issues with people who used the ajax attributes, nothing that has to do with my setup

Yeah, thats what I use. *Turning on the Bat Light*

In case you miss it in the listing thread, your css is duff!!!

your missing . making class definitions invalid.

Thats why no center!!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

In case you miss it in the listing thread, your css is duff!!!

your missing . making class definitions invalid.

Thats why no center!!

What's 'duff' mean? Is that a uk word for fu*ked up?

yea.. i JUST saw that./ I am leaving work early so that i can get home and work on this site. Thanks SOOO much spooks.. i couldnt for the LIFE of me figure that out.. oe little "." and i'm screwed

That still doesnt help my more serious issue of not having an actual attributes section to work with!!!!

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

yea.. i JUST saw that./ I am leaving work early so that i can get home and work on this site. Thanks SOOO much spooks.. i couldnt for the LIFE of me figure that out.. oe little "." and i'm screwed

That still doesnt help my more serious issue of not having an actual attributes section to work with!!!!

Aww! Poor Lindsay! That was so nice of you to try and help me while you're freaking out lke this. Wow

Good luck, I hope you get it figured out soon.

Nicole

What's 'duff' mean? Is that a uk word for fu*ked up?

Yes, I don't think its in the dictionary, but duff means knackered, faulty, US or generally broke.

The beer is rubbish too!!!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

US??? Knackered.. you guys are way too european for me :)

US??? Knackered.. you guys are way too european for me :)

Knackered (not sure on spelling) comes from the equine folks, when a horse is 'finished' it goes to the knackers yard.

US shows my service background, short for UnServicable!!, but we often just put Duff, so it goes arround...

Sam

Contributions:

wow.. I just use screwed of F$#@ed.. sometimes FUBARed

anyways, i am very happy that my attributes problem is pretty much solved (for now) and i can atleast list my products the way i need to.. You might say that they are NOT knackered any longer.

Seriously.. if ANY of you folks make it to the east coast of the USA, you all have a place to crash.. and a really good breakfast.. The only downside is you have to deal with a "few" cats.. but seriouslly.. You all got a place here on the east cost.

Hey, and my home is open in Denver, CO. I've got 4 bedrooms I'm not using...well, the cats do, but we'll kick'em out for that time period. I can't promise breakfast since I don't cook, but I can take you to IHOP!

Seriously as well.

PS: though my husband and I smoke like fiends

OMG IHOP crepes.. We dont reall yhave IHOP around here.. the closest one is about 1 hour away... I dont smoke, but my hubby does.. doesnt bother me one bit.

hmm i will have to borrow one from my grandpa.. he has a bunch. hes an east coast cow boy..

anyways, back from dinner and getting ready to tackle this customer required fields uninstall..

Made LOTS LOTS LOTS more changes today!!!

• now you MUST accept terms and conditions (because we have copyright issues with selling images)
  • added some more images and the SSL banner
  • Free shipping on orders over $50
  • Attributes are working!!!! (see pets -> trap falls kennel club ->product)
  • Added a gift certificate (with fancy packaging)
  • Completed the privacy notice

This i WANT to do that i havent yet:

• install fast easy checkout
  • get lightbox working on ALL images (including portfolio)
  • offer quantity price breaks
  • customize the emails sent and invoice
  • offer refer a friend discount (ccgv(trad) does not do it)

Ok so thats what i KNOW i need to do.. I need more feedback and info on this site.

Just dont make a complete test purchase because i will be using LIVE paypal now

went to bed at 5am last night, but got a LOAD done..

I changed the buttons (thanks to your feedback)

Updated the product descriptions (they are all the same)

• My issue with that is, i want to move the tables around in the product description but i tried about 10 different things and I broke a bunch of stuff in the making.. I would LIKE to have the

attributes list up where the description starts, to the left of the image, and the description where the attributes are.. I tried moving around the code, but i guess that table in particular has be confused because it moved soo many things around...

i did get BOTH on the same with a rowspan, but it didnt have the desired erffect

went to bed at 5am last night, but got a LOAD done..

I changed the buttons (thanks to your feedback)

Updated the product descriptions (they are all the same)

• My issue with that is, i want to move the tables around in the product description but i tried about 10 different things and I broke a bunch of stuff in the making.. I would LIKE to have the

attributes list up where the description starts, to the left of the image, and the description where the attributes are.. I tried moving around the code, but i guess that table in particular has be confused because it moved soo many things around...

i did get BOTH on the same with a rowspan, but it didnt have the desired erffect

Best way to make sure everything is tight is to create first a border table, then a table or two within that border table. Capeesh? :D

yea.. i gotcha.. the issue is that i am either removing a section that i shouldn't have, or am leaving something i shouldnt when i do it..

I am going to mess with it a little.. right now i need to just get the products UP and ready for purchasing!!

yea.. have you checked it out again??? i am pretty happy with how it looks..

Archived