• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help.Please re. 'Forgotten Password' email

Hi,

When I click on the 'Forgotten passwrod' button, I get an e-mail sent to me saying:-

------------------------------------------

A new password was requested from .

Your new password to 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' is:

xxxxxx

------------------------------------------

It looks like there should be a name in the first sentence before the full stop? The account I was using has a name & surname, and correctly sent out order confirmation emails etc.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

What have you got set up as you store name in the site admin area?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

What have you got set up as you store name in the site admin area?

The store name is set up okay, and is showing in the e-mail (where I've put 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx') okay. Just not sure what should be appearing after 'A new password was requested from '

From the code for the users forgotten password page.

tep_mail($check_customer['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $check_customer['customers_lastname'], $email_address, EMAIL_PASSWORD_REMINDER_SUBJECT, sprintf(EMAIL_PASSWORD_REMINDER_BODY, $new_password), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

I'd look in /includes/languages/english/forgotten_password.php.

define('EMAIL_PASSWORD_REMINDER_BODY', 'A new password was requested from ' . $REMOTE_ADDR . '.' . "\n\n" . 'Your new password to \'' . STORE_NAME . '\' is:' . "\n\n" . ' %s' . "\n\n");

lokks like remote address is not populates. Are you on a working copy on your pc?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

From the code for the users forgotten password page.

tep_mail($check_customer['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $check_customer['customers_lastname'], $email_address, EMAIL_PASSWORD_REMINDER_SUBJECT, sprintf(EMAIL_PASSWORD_REMINDER_BODY, $new_password), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

I'd look in /includes/languages/english/forgotten_password.php.

define('EMAIL_PASSWORD_REMINDER_BODY', 'A new password was requested from ' . $REMOTE_ADDR . '.' . "\n\n" . 'Your new password to \'' . STORE_NAME . '\' is:' . "\n\n" . ' %s' . "\n\n");

lokks like remote address is not populates. Are you on a working copy on your pc?

Yes I am!

Archived