• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stylesheet Changes

Hello

I know that I should be able to make colour/text changes etc in the /public_html/stylesheet.css file. However, I can't make any changes using this file. on my website. Nothing happens - no changes at all. I have another dummy os site that I experiment with, and I can make colour changes etc, using the /public_html/stylesheet.css file on the dummy site.

I got this site ready-made. Would this mean the stylesheet is stored somewhere special, and I can't make normal changes through my file manager/public.html/stylesheet.css file?

Does anyone have an answer as to why my www.dealsonline4u.com site's /public_html/stylesheet.css file, won't accept stylesheet changes?

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Tony Brown

Hello again, Tony.

Look at your source code:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="templates/Option1/stylesheet.css">

That's where you need to concentrate your efforts.

;)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Hi guys i have a similar problem.

I used fantastico to install the basic oscommerce store through my hosting account adn the site is fully operational.

I have since got a nice template and i want to change the stylesheet so that the store now looks like the template:

below is a ftp view of the files i have on my computer and the files i have on my server, can anyone see on the server where i go to change the look of the site to the new template cus i cant find a template folder anywhere in it?

as you see on the computer side i have all the files from the new template folder in a file called "newstore" i have copied all these files in the "store" section on the server side

zipview.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am having the exactly the same problem. I can make the changes and hit save, but when i go back in to edit the stylesheet the changes have not been saved. My site is at www.mcneilldiy.com/catalog . I have also been able to make changes to stylesheet on other sites but just not this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Check the permissions on the stylesheet.

Probably should be 644

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

The error message Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on:pathhere comes up on every permission setting other than 776 & 777 and when set to these the changes do not take effect.

I'd bet you're using FTP to try to change permissions.

Most times it fails.

Login to your cPanel and set the permissions to 644 there.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

How are you trying to edit the file?

:unsure:

As in what program/method.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

trying to edit from file manager , click on stylesheet.css and edit

then I get the red message at top.

It will let me edit when permissions are set to 777 but when i hit save and refresh the site nothing changes.

It work ok on other sites just not this one.

Could it be to do with the web host as it is free hosting?

I wouldn't use the osC File Mangler Manager.

Try using the editor in your cPanel.

After making stylesheet changes and nothing seems to change, it may be that you're are looking at your PC's cache of the site.

Hold down the <Ctrl> key while doing a page refresh in the browser.

That forces the browser to reload all content (at least in IE and Firefox).

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived