osCommerce

The e-commerce.

500 Internal Server Error - When accessing admin page

johnwvg

you have probably copied

catalog/includes/application_top.php

on top of

catalog/[admin]/includes/application_top.php

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

31 minutes ago, tttim6575 said:

cause  godaddy sucks  thats why

That may well be true but! They do offer PHP 7.2 it's just that they do not allow old plans to upgrade. If you move to one of the new plans then you will get PHP 7.2

image.png.184e7ccca802b10869c36121b86547d1.png

If you have a new plan then godaddy uses cPanel and if you go into that you will find a PHP selector that will let you pick the version you need. If your using osC Frozen then PHP 7.0 is fine PHP 7.2 will work.

Just note that Godaddy still use PHP 5.4 as normal! Godaddy will may not help if you change to a version you site software will not support.

image.png.ff888ba793fbe712eafacc4d5373510f.png

Or just switch to a more flexable hosting company.

heres the new error

[05-Mar-2019 08:34:43 UTC] PHP Warning:  error_log(/var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oo62hzb5zxce/public_html/mystore/mv9lflzupmwtgeoq/includes/classes/logger.php on line 49
[05-Mar-2019 08:34:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function buildBlocks() on a non-object in /home/oo62hzb5zxce/public_html/mystore/mv9lflzupmwtgeoq/includes/template_top.php on line 28

Did you copy the whole of your catalog includes folder into the admin includes folder?

That looks like you're running the wrong template_top.php

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

If you decide to copy the whole admin includes folder back in, make sure not to overwrite configure.php

You can save yourself some time by displaying the errors directly on your screen - edit admin/includes/application_top.php:

find near the top:

// Set the level of error reporting
  error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

add afterwards

ini_set("display_errors", 1);

Later, when everything is fixed, change the 1 to 0

For the actual fix, the next step is to upload the correct

admin/includes/template_top.php

You have made a step forwards already. When you access admin it successfully redirects to the login page before it throws a white screen.

Just now, tttim6575 said:

will customers see the errors as well?

not if you only do this to the admin app_top file and not the catalog one!

3 minutes ago, tttim6575 said:

so i only need to change one more file is what ur telling me?

That's the next one - fingers crossed it's the only one.

On the other hand, be ready to change others depending how many you overwrote - eg. template_bottom.php application_bottom.php

If you made a really big mess then there could be language files overwritten too...

I'd recommend leaving in the display errors setting until you're sure everything's ok