• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

500 Internal Server Error - When accessing admin page

johnwvg

I need some help. I moved servers recently and have everthing working nicely EXCEPT my admin panel I can't log into. I go to www.mystore.com/catalog/admin and type in my username and password just to get this error:

---------------------------------

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-------------------------------------

and thats it. :-( So I checked my server's log for any error's recently and here's the only error's I can find:

Route segment ":name" cannot be optional because it precedes a required segment. This segment will be required.

Route segment ":userID" cannot be optional because it precedes a required segment. This segment will be required.

Route segment ":token" cannot be optional because it precedes a required segment. This segment will be required.

Can anyone help me make sense of this? And any ideas on a possible solution? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

can be incorrect chmod/permission files set...

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Anyone have any input on this? Is it a chmod/permissions issue? If so, what file(s) would it be that I need to modify.

Any other ideas as to what it could be? Please, I'm starting to pull my hair out on this issue. Thanks for any advice ANYONE can give me.

John

I'm guessing that you have an old .htaccess file in the 'admin' folder of your site which was used to password protect the admin folder on the old server your site was on, and that this is what is causing the Internal Server error.

Go to your web hosting control panel and use the Password Protect or Directory Protect link to apply new password protection to your 'admin' folder and it should overwrite any old .htaccess file.

Vger

• 2 weeks later...
I'm guessing that you have an old .htaccess file in the 'admin' folder of your site which was used to password protect the admin folder on the old server your site was on, and that this is what is causing the Internal Server error.

Go to your web hosting control panel and use the Password Protect or Directory Protect link to apply new password protection to your 'admin' folder and it should overwrite any old .htaccess file.

Vger

This did not work for me. All I get is a blank white page when I go to my admin (www.mafgiftshop.org/admin). When I view the source I see the 500 error. Any thoughts?

I've gone through my CPanel and added password protection. I've also deleted the .htaccess file altogether. Nothing works. (FYI, I've restored the .htaccess file). Thanks for any help you can offer.

This did not work for me. All I get is a blank white page when I go to my admin (www.mafgiftshop.org/admin). When I view the source I see the 500 error. Any thoughts?

I've gone through my CPanel and added password protection. I've also deleted the .htaccess file altogether. Nothing works. (FYI, I've restored the .htaccess file). Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sounds like you have an error on the page, and error reporting is not on.

A quick fix open /catalog/admin/index.php and add the following lines.

Below

<?

Add:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);

I believe that's the right code (I am doing it from memory).

dubz

• 2 years later...

I had the same problem after moving to new server, and have found the problem:

It is very important to write the RIGHT document root to configure.php files.

You can find it with:

<?php echo $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];?>

I have forget to add a slash in admin/includes/configure.php at row DIR_FS_ADMIN

so it generated internal server error in admin...

I hope it helps to others.

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem after moving to new server, and have found the problem:

It is very important to write the RIGHT document root to configure.php files.

You can find it with:

<?php echo $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];?>

I have forget to add a slash in admin/includes/configure.php at row DIR_FS_ADMIN

so it generated internal server error in admin...

I hope it helps to others.

Sorry to bump an old post, but just wanted to say thanks. I added ssl and was getting the 500 error on the admin panel. Putting the correct doc root into the admin config was the solution.

• 2 months later...

I have tried all the mentioned tricks, but I am unable to login to admin panel. It is still showing internal server error. Here is the code of configure.php in admin/includes folder:

<?php

define('HTTP_SERVER', '');

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/public_html/demo/cottonsnshades/oscommerce/');

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/oscommerce/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/public_html/demo/cottonsnshades/oscommerce/admin/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/oscommerce/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/public_html/demo/cottonsnshades/oscommerce/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', '');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');

define('DB_DATABASE', '');

define('USE_PCONNECT', '');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

?>

Please tell me what is the solution? I have tried all the options but nothing worked

Edited by burt
remove live link

This is the code of configure.php for front site. which is working fine

<?php

define('HTTP_SERVER', '');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/oscommerce/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/oscommerce/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/oscommerce/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/oscommerce/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/public_html/demo/cottonsnshades/oscommerce/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DB_SERVER', '');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');

define('DB_DATABASE', '');

define('USE_PCONNECT', '');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

?>

Edited by burt
remove live link

@@Komal

See my reply in the other thread you posted.

Please don't create duplicate posts on a single issue. :blink:

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• 6 years later...
On 2/9/2012 at 2:24 PM, TheShadowKnows said:

Sorry to bump an old post, but just wanted to say thanks. I added ssl and was getting the 500 error on the admin panel. Putting the correct doc root into the admin config was the solution.

where is this file to update the root doc  Im confused please elaborate

@tttim6575

I highly doubt you'll get an answer here from the previous people. This is an old topic with the last answer dating back to 2012.

There are however 2 config files.

catalog/includes/config.php (front store side)
catalog/admin/includes/config.php (admin side)

Edited by Tsimi

A couple of things to check:

- make sure that in the admin config file both server definitions start with https://

- check the .htacess file in your admin directory and make sure it doesn't refer to a password file in a non-existent location

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

what does this error mean? 

[05-Mar-2019 07:23:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/php') in /home/oo62hzb5zxce/public_html/mystore/mv9lflzupmwtgeoq/includes/application_top.php on line 134

3 minutes ago, BrockleyJohn said:

A couple of things to check:

- make sure that in the admin config file both server definitions start with https://

- check the .htacess file in your admin directory and make sure it doesn't refer to a password file in a non-existent location

i deleted them just to get them out of the way

2 minutes ago, tttim6575 said:

what does this error mean? 

[05-Mar-2019 07:23:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/php') in /home/oo62hzb5zxce/public_html/mystore/..../includes/application_top.php on line 134

it means the file navigation_history.php is missing from the folder [admin]/includes/classes/

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

and why are you running php 5.4????

5 minutes ago, tttim6575 said:

how did it just come up missing is the question cause i wouldnt have deleted i have a navgation.php file  just copy and put in the  admin/includes/classes dir ?

make sure it's navigation_history.php and that it comes from admin/includes/classes/