• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Drop down list for categories

Continuum

Hi,

I have numerous sub-categories which, when expanded, stretch the categories box down quite a bit.

I am looking for a mod to do the following:

add two drop down boxes (those rectangular boxes with the arrow at the side like the currency one);

one for categories and one for subcategories.

Here's how I want them to function:

The subcategory is initially blank (nothing listed), but once you select the category from the category drop down box, the subcategories for the selected category will show in the subcategories drop down box. Once the category and subcategory has been selected, you then click a button to go to the products listing. For categories with 3 subs, an extra box will appear.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I see that "Specials & Products_new sort category & sub-category dropdown menu" may do what I am after. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5785

Does anyone know if we can change it to be used with the categories.php file?

Thanks

Hi,

I have numerous sub-categories which, when expanded, stretch the categories box down quite a bit.

I am looking for a mod to do the following:

add two drop down boxes (those rectangular boxes with the arrow at the side like the currency one);

one for categories and one for subcategories.

Here's how I want them to function:

The subcategory is initially blank (nothing listed), but once you select the category from the category drop down box, the subcategories for the selected category will show in the subcategories drop down box. Once the category and subcategory has been selected, you then click a button to go to the products listing. For categories with 3 subs, an extra box will appear.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I see that "Specials & Products_new sort category & sub-category dropdown menu" may do what I am after. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5785

Does anyone know if we can change it to be used with the categories.php file?

Thanks

i guess if could... backup your site and your database and get your hands dirty! lol...

SPACE FOR RENT!

Archived