• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional

zonetown

Quantity Tracking Professional v0.1 beta (prereleased). Enables you to define quantity for options of a product. For example, allowing you to not only keep track of quantity of a particular item, but also it's options.

This is a beta release, you can try the online demo. If you decide to download the beta, please note it is not complete and I am estimating another 7 days before it's actually finished and the first complete version can be released.

Fixing: The Product Info page still needs a little work aswell as the Stock Page.

Let me know what you think,

Joseph S.

Edited by Johnson

Just to let you know, I am fixing some areas of the module so QTpro can officially be released and used commercial. BETA version can still be downloaded.

I need to also give credit to David Garcia Watkins for his alternate attribute contribution that was used in QTpro

Joe

I haven't played with this yet, but if it does what you say it does it really needs to be included in the core code. People have been begging for this.

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

-- Andrew Jackson

Joe,

Good start, but it still has a major bug. The user still has to add the product to the cart before he/she finds out the combination they just selected is out of stock. Only by trial and error would the user be able to find out which product is actually in stock. One solution would be to merge the attributes into one attribute for selection. That way they could see which product options were actually available.

I ran into this very problem on a clothing site I made:

http://srh.com

The solution that we went with was to make each Clothing Item a Category and each individual size/color combination a separate product inside that category. It actually made it pretty easy to manage, but if this gets working correctly this Contribution would be great.

just my 2 cents, I hope this input helps.

david

I release the script early without that part.

By the end of the day, I hope to come out with one that will list what is available.

I also will depend on others who wish to contribute to this project.

Thank You...

cPIL v1.0 - Catalog Product Info List

This is important to have if you don't want your customers fumbling trying to find what is actually instock.

Go to the QTpro site for an image of cPIL and to download the current version. It will not be in the demo until the next release of QTpro.

http://www.vary.net/qtpro in the add-ons section

I am working on trying to get a diff file for people who don't like to replace files or have already made alot of modification to thier script.

Thank you for this great contribution... but at the moment i get just errormessages :(

When editing an existing product this error occurs:

1054 - Unknown column 'special' in 'where clause'

select count(distinct options_id) as count from products_attributes,products_options where products_options_id=options_id and products_id=30 and language_id=1 and special=0

[TEP STOP]

I am getting the same error on my first run at installation:

1054 - Unknown column 'special' in 'where clause'

I am running a few additional contributions, so will try a manual install and see if the error persists. Do you have manual install instructions?

The additional contributions that I am running on categories.php are Sm, Med, Mg Images & Short/Long Product Descriptions.

Snapshot: Late October, 2002

Hi Joseph

I'm impressed, I can see loads of your time and effort has gone into this.

I have one problem tho, the download aint working...

Any ideas?

ta.

CC.

i am having some problems with the contribution. when i try to add an item with attibutes(color, size, etc) it always says the item is out of stock. from looking at the links to add to the cart, it seems that it only uses the product ID from the db to add to the cart. i took a peek at the db in phpMyAdmin and the item, which has 3 colors to choose from, all have the same ID in the db but different attibute IDs. any help would be great.

thanks,

kevin

well, as i clicked post, my partner figured out a fix.

remove all stock that have a quantity of 0 for that attribute, then all the other attributes for that product ID should work.

ie

red 1

blue 2

black 0

should be

red 1

blue 2

I have installed the latest version of QTPro and followed the install directions carefully. Now when I click on the "Buy Now" button for certain products, no product image or description is displayed and I get the following error:

Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocscatalogincludesfunctionsgeneral.php on line 104

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocscatalogincludesfunctionsgeneral.php on line 106

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and language_id=1' at line 1[/quote]

select products_options_id as id,special from products_options where products_options_id in () and language_id=1

When I click on other items, the product image displays along with the description except that where the "add to cart" would be, I get the following error message:

Model

1146 - Table 'catalog.products_stock' doesn't exist

select products_stock_quantity as quantity from products_stock where products_id=26 and products_stock_attributes='3-8'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks! :?

I am using TexPad. I compared the QTPro and Original (tep_snapshot-20030116) general.php files. There is quite alot of changes. Do you want me to post the text here or can I email the just the changes to you?

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Craig :wink:

i am getting errors when trying to update the stock levels of an item, mainly when i try to zero out the item so there is a quantity of 0 in stock. here is an example of the error.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'where products_id=42' at line 1

update products set products_quantity= where products_id=42

[TEP STOP]

i will be needing the ability to zero an item out b/c both my retail and web store will be sharing the smae inventory...

i am also still recieving an error when i add an item to the stock, but on the client side of oScommerce the item is said to be out of stock once placed in the shopping cart.

any suggestions would be much appreciated on what the solution could be.

thanks

kevin