• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional

zonetown

• 2 weeks later...

hi there: I installed this contrib and it doesnt quite work, any similar WORKING one known?

I mean everything seems to be fine, no errors or anything but when I buy an option of a product with stock 0 it doesnt warn me also when I buy something the stock is not decresed

I m using osc 2.2 MS 2

Thanks

j.

Which version did you use... I use 2.1 and it works fine...

Tom any luck with getting it to work with more than one attribute?

Possible solution...

If 2 or more attributes then(

display... Choose your ATTRIBUTE NAME HERE first...

and allows to select from the drop down menu... (meanwhile the second and third attributes are geryed out so they cant be selected...)

After first attribute box is selected the second one becomes activated...

If only 2 attributes find out if any in stock then display in/ out of stock message...

What do you think Tom?

I can't program but I think it could work...

I m runing this on a new installation now and it still doesnt work.

when i go to matrox .G400 32 mb i get the desription and then this error

any ideas?

Key features:

New Matrox G400 256-bit DualBus graphics chip

Explosive 3D, 2D and DVD performance

DualHead Display

Superior DVD and TV output

3D Environment-Mapped Bump Mapping

Vibrant Color Quality rendering

UltraSharp DAC of up to 360 MHz

3D Rendering Array Processor

Support for 16 or 32 MB of memory

Available Options:

1146 - Table 'qtpro.products_stock' doesn't exist

select products_stock_quantity from products_stock where products_id = '2' and products_stock_attributes = '4-3'

Thanks

j.

Ok, I m an idiot, i installed qtpro and didnt run the query in the new install, and it works fine now, so sorry for all the inconvinience, I still cant find out what happened to the pther installation, I ll let you know if it was something relevant or if its crashing against another contrib

Thanks again

j.

Does anyone know if this contribution can handle this sitation for our skincare website:

We have products that we group together into gift baskets so that customers can buy a product individually or as part of a gift set. We use product attributes to allow them to select which products they'd like in the basket (one soap, one cleanser, one moisturizer).

If we were to install this contribution would it be able to delete stock for the gift basket attributes, from the actual product listings? Or would we have to allocate a certain amount of each prodct for the gift sets?

Also, each attribute would be an individual product, not a small black t-shirt but one moisturizer and one soap.

thanks!

I really need the stock level for more than one attribute per product.

Is anyone still working on this contribution?

I am not a PHP programmer but if I can I help anyone let me know.

Regards,

Alex

I thought that this contribution did work with multiple product attributes, I may be wrong. But I am sure I tested this at one point, I am looking to get this working myself in the near future.

But the drawback that I can find is that the product_info page displays all attributes and not just those that are in stock. Ideally I think the best way to implement multiple attributes on the product_info page would be to have cascading select menus, where the second menu contents are dependant on the first so that only the available combinations of product attributes are ever displayed. At the moment any combination could be displayed, but then when you reach the shopping cart you find its out of stock in that combination. I know however that cascading menus and inter-browser javascriptyness-no-worky-ness are always an issue, making this build dynamically might be a headache and also scaling this so that it works for as many products attributes as each item has might be quite tricky.

Any thoughts on whether this can be implemented?

As an aside I have just noticed that some kind person has posted all the required changes to the code to get QTPRO working on a highly modified site. This is unfortunately some 2 months after I spent weeks of faffing to get this running myself, and having to work out where the hell the changes where in the first place. :)

"...you do one little thing, you build a widget in Saskatoon and the next thing you know it's two miles under the desert, the essential component of a death machine..."

I thought that this contribution did work with multiple product attributes, I may be wrong. But I am sure I tested this at one point, I am looking to get this working myself in the near future.

But the drawback that I can find is that the product_info page displays all attributes and not just those that are in stock. Ideally I think the best way to implement multiple attributes on the product_info page would be to have cascading select menus, where the second menu contents are dependant on the first so that only the available combinations of product attributes are ever displayed. At the moment any combination could be displayed, but then when you reach the shopping cart you find its out of stock in that combination. I know however that cascading menus and inter-browser javascriptyness-no-worky-ness are always an issue, making this build dynamically might be a headache and also scaling this so that it works for as many products attributes as each item has might be quite tricky.

Any thoughts on whether this can be implemented?

As an aside I have just noticed that some kind person has posted all the required changes to the code to get QTPRO working on a highly modified site. This is unfortunately some 2 months after I spent weeks of faffing to get this running myself, and having to work out where the hell the changes where in the first place. :)

OK as far as I can see my version of QTPRO works with more than one attribute for a product and in case anyone is interested this method of creating cascading menus seems like a very effective and easy method of implementing this. I am currently investigating it as a method of making out Body Jewellery store more user friendly.

"http://home.att.net/~codeLibrary/HTML/dropdown.htm?make=Lincoln&state=NH&model=Continental&city=Nashua&color=Black"

"...you do one little thing, you build a widget in Saskatoon and the next thing you know it's two miles under the desert, the essential component of a death machine..."

My name is Enrico,

I am new to os commerce and I am having big problems installing qtpro 2.3. I am setting up an online shoe shop which has numerous styles and sizes but different stock quantities for each size, by reading the forum I thought this is the correct contribution to install, am I correct? I have followed the procedure but I still get errors, I tried to install this many times and many hours wasted. I think I have hit a wall. Would someone be so kind to help me?

Hello,

I just set up the oscommerce for a candleshop. It's the version 2.2 milestone 2.

I tried to install the newest version of qtpro (I think it's 3.0) but it crashed my shop. I don't know what I could've done wrong, I just followed the instructions. However...I tried the version qtpro2.3update and now it works fine.

Now there is my problem.

I got about 80 different candels in about 50 different colours. All the candles are in an excel spreadsheet. So I decided to use EasyPopulate (v. 2.74) to import them into my shop.

Now I guess those two Contributions weren't meant to work together, 'cause I won't find any data of the quantity in the output spreadsheet of my shop.

I put 2 candels in each 8 colours in the shop over the admin-interface.

It would take a long time to put all the diffenert 80 candels that way into the shop. That's why I need to work with EasyPopulate. (And I can manage my inventory better that way)

Can anybody help me? :(

Anyone has maybe worked out a solution for that?

Ulf

Dear all

Have tried following the instructions for QTPro3.0 followed also by a diff between this and QTPro 2.3.

Have an issue with this in that I am not too sure how it works? The stock check still appears to heppen with the PRODUCTS.PRODUCTS_QUANTITY and not with the attributes.

Then I get a error on the product_info.php this seems due to the PRODUCTS_STOCK table that does not exist.

Has anyone applied this contribution successfully?

The install code looks quite good and well thought out. However the SQL seems to drop table PRODUCT_STOCK which does not exist and then it tries to create the ORDERS_PRODUCT_ATTRIBUTES table which already exists.

Do we have a document explaining what the architecture for this contribution is and also how it works and how the user is supposed to get the required results with it?

Thanks

Jassa

Hi all I have a similar problem that twerp has,

but this comes up when I get new stock ie: model AAA i had 1 sold it so i buy 10, but AAA has options so how can i update that if i have 70 products?

I mean, I m sure that there is a better way

Thanks

j.

Thanks JPool for your response.

The version of OSC I am using is 2.2ms2 with QTPro2.3.

Thanks for your reply after getting it I have compared the SQL from QTPro3.0 and QTPro2.3 and there is a big difference!!

The QTPro3.0 has wrong SQL within it. Think I will now undo all the changes from QTPro3.0 and apply QTPro2.3.

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

JASSA

Sorry JPool I forgot to ask are you using QTPro2.3 or QTPro3.0?

Has anyone successfully used QTPro3.0?

Think there is a issue with the SQL dropping one table and then trying to build another which already exists.

Thanks

JASSA

I guess my previous post is very close to imposible to understand.

The question is: is there any simple way to update the stock ?

with or without qtPro insatlled?

by easy I mean you upload a file with the model number and your stock and the stock is updated

This would be really cool

Thanks

J.

Hi QTPro does support multiple attributes as far as I know.

However I tried to use QTPro3.0 but I know that the SQL provided is not correct the table to be created is wrong and will give errors within product_info.php etc.

So I played with it and got it working finally.

Have to say that QTPro2.3update worked straight off! So personally I would recommend that.

Must also say that any time spent on this contribution is 110% usefull. Very good code and functionality.

Thanks

JAS