• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional

zonetown

Hi eveyone!

Yesterdat I thought of a new feature for QT pro, I think very easy to code, but since I am not a good coder perhaps someone else can do this?

The inventory is displayed within the categories file, this way there is no need to go to the stockpage to view whats in inventory. Only when you adjust the totals. I added a screenshot of my catagories.php, in which the box for quantity is photoshopped ;)

Is this possible to create?

greetings Tomas

categories.jpg

My site isn't taking any notice of the Minimum Re-order Level.

It regards the re-order level as zero, no matter what's set in admin.

Any ideas? The rest seems to work as it should. I'm seriously stuck, this site needs to go live and the stock levels are a vig requirement,

Thanks all

Bill

Hi everyone,

I have just finished to install this very well contribution after passed one sleepless night to make it integrate perfectly to my store, as I wanted it, but...

As many of us, I have the Price_break contribution fitted to do purchases in quantity, directely from the product_info.php page.

The 2 contributions work fine together (nice job) EXCEPT for purchasing in quantity from the product_info.php page via the ENTER_QUANTITY field.

At first sights, in acqusation, the following change :

<td class="main" align="right">
			  <table border="0" align="right">
				<tr><td align="center">
				  <?php echo TEXT_ENTER_QUANTITY . ":" . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity', $pf->adjustQty(1), 'size="6"'); ?>
				</td></tr>
				<tr><td align="center">
				  <?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?>
				</td></tr>
			  </table>
			</td>

instead of :

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

Obviously the adjustQty($qty) not working as before because products can't be send to the basket selected quantity , just only one article at the time like original osc2. >_<

This function is stocked with in the includes/classes/PriceFormatter.php file in this original write :

function adjustQty($qty) {
// Force QTY_BLOCKS granularity
$qb = $this->getQtyBlocks();
if ($qty < 1)
	$qty = 1;

if ($qb >= 1)
{
	if ($qty < $qb)
		$qty = $qb;

if (($qty % $qb) != 0)
		$qty += ($qb - ($qty % $qb));
}
return $qty;
 }[code] and above this function with trace of the adjustQty($qty) function : [code]  function computePrice($qty, $no_of_other_items_in_cart_with_same_base_pid = 0)
 {
$qty = $this->adjustQty($qty);
$qty += $no_of_other_items_in_cart_with_same_base_pid;

// Compute base price, taking into account the possibility of a special
$price = ($this->hasSpecialPrice === TRUE) ? $this->specialPrice : $this->thePrice;

for ($i=1; $i<=8; $i++)
	if (($this->quantity[$i] > 0) && ($qty >= $this->quantity[$i]))
		$price = $this->price[$i];

return $price;
 }

Thus my question is as follow, somebody could it say to me if it foresee a solution with this problem. Thank you for your assistances. ;)

Edited by milerwan

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

It's me again !

In fact, we must have to go into includes/application_top.php and search the ligne 398 approximately :

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $attributes))+1, $attributes);
//++++ QT Pro: End Changed Code

and change the code above by the following one :

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $attributes)) + $HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_quantity'], $attributes);
//++++ QT Pro: End Changed Code

quite simply... :oops:

I hope that this code will be usefull for others.

++

Osc v2.3.4 BS "custom"
PHP 7.3 compatible (710 modified files => o_O')

hi can anyone help me im running osc 2.2 and QTPRO 4.3 when i view my cart i get this error

1054 - Unknown column 'popt.products_options_track_stock' in 'field list'

select popt.products_options_name, popt.products_options_track_stock, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from products_options popt, products_options_values poval, products_attributes pa where pa.products_id = '40{3}18' and pa.options_id = '3' and pa.options_id = popt.products_options_id and pa.options_values_id = '18' and pa.options_values_id = poval.products_options_values_id and popt.language_id = '1' and poval.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

i tried to upload my sql files thru php my admin and got this error

Server: localhost Database: sakinasa_p_os2

Error

SQL query:

# QT Pro V4.0 Date: 12/04/2004

# Database changes for QT Pro installation to a store that does not have a

# previous version of QT Pro installed

# Add new column to products_options to indicate if stock should be tracked

# for an option

ALTER TABLE products_options ADD products_options_track_stock tinyint( 4 ) default '0' NOT NULL AFTER products_options_name;

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_options_track_stock'

ok so i assume i got a duplicate column but where?

please help

Here`s a problem i can`t find ANY answer related to.

There for i hope someone here could help me sort this out :)

I uses multiple dropdown on my products, that is why i sell t-shirts.

Dropdown 1 says: Adult size- S-M-L-XL

Dropdown 2 says: Children size- S-M-L-XL

Dropdown 3 days: Gift box adult (+€3)

Dropdown 4 says: Gift box children (+€3)

Okey, when a customer choose ex. 1 adult size M, and 1 children size L, and clik on the BUY button, it only adds the first one. Not both.

That is one problem.

The other problem is stock, if you see in the stock listing on that product, you can only add the amount for every dropdowns, not seperate onces.

Third and last problem is, if children size S and M is in stock, but anything other isn`t, the message "We do not have it in stock" or what ever you uses there shows.

The dropdowns have an value already and therefor it shows.

Could anyone give me a clue to fix this, it would be very helpful :)

Thanks.

Cheers :)

No idea re STS but do you have a local server or some hosting where you could do a vanilla osc + QTPro installation to make sure QTPro works before adding it to STS?

Tracy - sorry about late reply, been away. Yes, have gone down that route and without STS, QTPro is working on clean install. Going to add STS and see what result is as my problem originally was adding QTPro with STS installed. Maybe vice versa problem will not happen! Thanks, Michael

Here`s a problem i can`t find ANY answer related to.

There for i hope someone here could help me sort this out :)

I uses multiple dropdown on my products, that is why i sell t-shirts.

Dropdown 1 says: Adult size- S-M-L-XL

Dropdown 2 says: Children size- S-M-L-XL

Dropdown 3 days: Gift box adult (+€3)

Dropdown 4 says: Gift box children (+€3)

Okey, when a customer choose ex. 1 adult size M, and 1 children size L, and clik on the BUY button, it only adds the first one. Not both.

That is one problem.

The other problem is stock, if you see in the stock listing on that product, you can only add the amount for every dropdowns, not seperate onces.

Third and last problem is, if children size S and M is in stock, but anything other isn`t, the message "We do not have it in stock" or what ever you uses there shows.

The dropdowns have an value already and therefor it shows.

Could anyone give me a clue to fix this, it would be very helpful :)

Thanks.

Cheers :)

Kim,

For your first problem, I do not believe QTPro is made to work like that. If you want your customer to be able to buy 2 shirts in different sizes they would need to add each shirt to their cart individually. I think you would be better off having individual categories for adults and children.

Hello, sorry for my bad english.

I'm using this fantastic contribution (version 4.3). I have a little problem with the order of the attributes in the shopping cart and in the orders.

If you put in the shopping cart some articles the attributes are show in correct order. for example:

1. color: red

2. size: small

but if you close the session and in other time you open the session and recover the shopping cart, this show the old product in wrong order:

2. size: small

1. color: red

The same is success in orders.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Regards.

Hey all,

I have installed QT Pro Version 4.3 - and I have a strange problem.. The countdown of the stock only works sometimes.. I can't see when it works and when it not works.. Have some of you had that problem, that it only works sometimes?

/Olzen

I am running an older version of QT Pro and it has this problem. I've been adjusting stock manually, but finally got to the point where I'm getting so many orders it's no longer feasible, so came to see if there was a fix. In my case, it tracks stock accurately when someone buys any number of a single item. However, if they buy 2 or 3 different items, only the first one is subtracted from inventory. The rest stay in inventory.

For reference, most of my items have 2 stock-tracked attributes and 1 non stock-tracked attribute. I never seem to do well at searching these forums, so if this has been answered already, would someone mind pointing me in the right place, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Adrienne

Hi everyone!

I was referred here by a co-worker of mine, since we're using QTPro, and I'm in desperate need.

I am helping manage a website for a mattress company named Bed In a Box (www.bedinabox.com), and the problem that I'm having is referring to a certain type of mattress that will become availible soon, and I need to get osCommerce to work with it. This type of mattress allows you the addon of a massage pad, and we're offering it in a few different sizes, and MUST be ordered with the mattress. Since we're offering this mattress in 4 different sizes, the size of the massage pad will be different too, and that will make a price increase. Ultimately what I need to do is have two attribute dropdowns on my page for this mattress. One determines the size of the mattress, and the other determines if they would like the massage pad or not, and because the price is different for the different sizes of the mattresses, it'll need to be dynamic. This is basically what I'd need the two dropdowns to do:

Choose Size:

-Twin

--Massage Pad ($25)

--Wireless Control ($25)

--Massage Pad with Wireless Control ($40)

-Full

--Massage Pad ($35)

--Wireless Control ($25)

--Massage Pad with Wireless Control ($50)

-Queen

--Massage Pad ($45)

--Wireless Control ($25)

--Massage Pad with Wireless Control ($60)

-King

--Massage Pad ($55)

--Wireless Control ($25)

--Massage Pad with Wireless Control ($70)

I've searched far and wide in the forums, and I've seen a few different people that are looking for the same thing, but no luck in finding a solution. If there is anything that you know I can do, please advise me! Like I said, I'm in desperate need!

Thanks!

QT Pro and STS - Ongoing saga......

Following my earlier post on this thread, I managed to get QT Pro working absolutely find on standard osC platform. I then added the Simple Template System (STS) contribution without apparent problems. Only as I moved to create a products template did I find issues - please link to

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...cdr&st=3797

Also see Bill Kellum's reply immediately following that post. He thinks it maybe bad QT Pro coding?

Are there any other users of STS and QT Pro out there who have experienced and resolved the issues of this type? I cannot be the only person wanting osC design customised and capable of handling multi-attributes to a product.

HELP! PLEASE.

Hi all,

I followed the topic for a while and it really helped me to tune the QT pro on my shop.

I am still having the problem with google checkout IPN implemented (did it before).

If cash or check is selected as method of payment the quantity per attribute is updated, if paid with google... the total quantity is updated but not the attribute quantity.

I tried to search the forum and read some posts here, but I couldn't find any answers; sorry, maybe someone already did, if so point me right there ;-)

- I use only 1 attribute (colour)

- Qt pro 4.25 installed

- Google checkout IPN (doesn't update attribute quantity)

- Cash on delivery (works fine)

- Cheque? Money order (works fine)

If anyone solved already this problem pls let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Roberto

<?php
require('includes/application_top.php');
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
 $currencies = new currencies();
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
	</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="menuboxheading" align="center"><?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG); ?></td>
	  </tr>

</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>
		<td valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
		  <tr>
			<td class="formAreaTitle"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS; ?></td>
			<td class="formAreaTitle"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_MODEL; ?></td>
			<td class="formAreaTitle"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY; ?></td>

<td class="formAreaTitle" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE; ?> </td>
		  </tr>
		  <tr>
			<td colspan="4"><hr></td>
		  </tr>
<?php
 $products_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_quantity,p.products_price, l.name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " l where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and l.languages_id = pd.language_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by pd.products_name ASC";

$products_query = tep_db_query($products_query_raw);
 while ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {
  $products_id = $products['products_id'];

// check for product or attributes below reorder level
  $products_stock_query=tep_db_query("SELECT products_stock_attributes, products_stock_quantity 
									  FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_STOCK . " 
									  WHERE products_id=" . $products['products_id'] ." 
									  ORDER BY products_stock_attributes");
  $products_stock_rows=tep_db_num_rows($products_stock_query);
// Highlight products with low stock
														 if ($products['products_quantity'] > STOCK_REORDER_LEVEL){
				   $trclass="dataTableRow";
					} else { 
					$trclass="OutofStock";
					 } 

if (($products['products_quantity'] > (-1)) || ($products_stock_rows > 0)) {
	$products_quantity=($products_stock_rows > 0) ? ' ' : $products['products_quantity'];
	$products_price=($products_stock_rows > 0) ? ' ' : $currencies->format($products['products_price']);
?>

<?php

/////////////////  Add Attributes

if ($products_stock_rows > 0) {
	  $products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("SELECT distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name 
												   FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib 
												   WHERE patrib.products_id='" . $products['products_id'] . "' 
												   AND patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id 
												   AND popt.products_options_track_stock = '1' 
												   AND popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' 
												   ORDER BY popt.products_options_id");

?>
<td colspan="4"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1.2'); ?></td>

<tr class="dataTableRow">
		   <td class="dataTableContent" cellpadding="2"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STOCK, 'product_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . $products['products_name'] .'</a>'; ?> </td>
		   <td class="dataTableContent" cellpadding="2"><?php echo $products['products_model']; ?></td>
		   <td class="dataTableContent" cellpadding="2"><?php echo $products_quantity; ?></td>
		   <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" cellpadding="2"><?php echo $products_price; ?> </td>
		   <td><BR></td>
		  </tr>

<tr class="dataTableRow">
		  <td class="main">
			<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
			  <tr class="dataTableRowSelected">
<?php
	  // build headng line with option names
	  while ($products_options_name = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options_name_query)) {
		echo "					<td class=\"smalltext\"> <u>" . $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . "</u></td>\n";
	  }
?>
			  </tr>
<?php
	  // buld array of attributes price delta
	  $attributes_price = array();
	  $products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("SELECT pa.options_id, pa.options_values_id, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix 
												 FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa 
												 WHERE pa.products_id = '" . $products['products_id'] . "'"); 
	  while ($products_attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query)) {
		$option_price = $products_attributes_values['options_values_price'];
		if ($products_attributes_values['price_prefix'] == "-") $option_price= -1*$option_price;
		$attributes_price[$products_attributes_values['options_id']][$products_attributes_values['options_values_id']] = $option_price;
	  }

// now display the attribute value names, table the html for quantity & price to get everything
	  // to line up right
	  $model_html_table="				<table border=\"0\" width=\"100%\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"2\">\n";
	  $model_html_table.="				  <tr class=\"dataTableRowSelected\"><td class=\"smalltext\" colspan=\"" . sizeof($products_options_array) . "\"> </td></tr>\n";
	  $quantity_html_table="				<table border=\"0\" width=\"100%\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"2\">\n";
	  $quantity_html_table.="				  <tr class=\"dataTableRowSelected\"><td class=\"smalltext\" colspan=\"" . sizeof($products_options_array) . "\"> </td></tr>\n";
	  $price_html_table="				<table border=\"0\" width=\"100%\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"2\">\n";
	  $price_html_table.="				  <tr class=\"dataTableRowSelected\"><td class=\"smalltext\" colspan=\"" . sizeof($products_options_array) . "\"> </td></tr>\n";
	  while($products_stock_values=tep_db_fetch_array($products_stock_query)) {
		$attributes=explode(",",$products_stock_values['products_stock_attributes']);
		echo "				  <tr class=\"dataTableRowSelected\">\n";

$model_html_table.="				  <tr class=\"dataTableRowSelected\">\n";
		$quantity_html_table.="				  <tr class=\"dataTableRowSelected\">\n";
		$price_html_table.="				  <tr class=\"dataTableRowSelected\">\n";
		$total_price=$products['products_price'];

// Highlight products out of stock
			   if (($products_stock_values['products_stock_quantity']) > STOCK_REORDER_LEVEL){
				   $trclassstock="dataTableContent";
					} else {
					$trclassstock="OutofStockAttrib";
				 	}

foreach($attributes as $attribute) {
		  $attr=explode("-",$attribute);
		  echo "<td class=\" " . $trclassstock . " \" >  ".tep_values_name($attr[1])."</td>\n";
		  $total_price+=$attributes_price[$attr[0]][$attr[1]];
		}
		 $total_price=$currencies->format($total_price);
		echo "				  </tr>\n";

$model_html_table.="<td class=\"" . $trclassstock . " \"> </td>\n";
		$model_html_table.="</tr>\n";
		$quantity_html_table.="<td class=\"" . $trclassstock . " \">" . $products_stock_values['products_stock_quantity'] . "</td>\n";
		$quantity_html_table.="				  </tr>\n";
		$price_html_table.="<td align=\"right\" class=\" " . $trclassstock . " \">" . $total_price . " </td>\n";
		$price_html_table.="				  </tr>\n";
	  }
	  echo "				</table>\n";
	  echo "			  </td>\n";
	  $model_html_table.="				</table>\n";
	  $quantity_html_table.="				</table>\n";
	  $price_html_table.="				</table>\n";
	  echo "			  <td class=smalltext>" . $model_html_table . "</td>\n";
	  echo "			  <td class=smalltext>" . $quantity_html_table . "</td>\n";
	  echo "			  <td class=smalltext>" . $price_html_table . "</td>\n";
	  echo "			</tr>\n";

}
	  else { ?>
	   <td colspan="4"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1.2'); ?></td>
			<tr class="<?php echo $trclass; ?>">

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STOCK, 'product_id=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . $products['products_name'] .'</a>'; ?> </td>
		   <td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $products['products_model']; ?></td>
		   <td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $products_quantity; ?></td>
		   <td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php echo $products_price; ?> </td>
		   <td><BR></td>
		  </tr>

<?php }
  }
 ////////////////////////// End Attributes

}

?>
		  <tr>
			<td colspan="4"><?php echo tep_draw_separator(); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
</table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
</body>
</html>
<font color="#FFCACB">
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I have also copied the stats_low_stock_attrib.php over my previous one (forgot to backup) and now it doesn't show (and highlight) me when the stock is 0 (zero)... like in the photo uploaded by skimanic23.

If anyone is able to display the stock = 0 ... please have a look at my code and compare it to yours.

I might have cancel something by mistake.

Thanks again,

Roberto

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

I followed the topic for a while and it really helped me to tune the QT pro on my shop.

I am still having the problem with google checkout IPN implemented (did it before).

If cash or check is selected as method of payment the quantity per attribute is updated, if paid with google... the total quantity is updated but not the attribute quantity.

I tried to search the forum and read some posts here, but I couldn't find any answers; sorry, maybe someone already did, if so point me right there ;-)

- I use only 1 attribute (colour)

- Qt pro 4.25 installed

- Google checkout IPN (doesn't update attribute quantity)

- Cash on delivery (works fine)

- Cheque? Money order (works fine)

If anyone solved already this problem pls let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Roberto

No idea if the structure is similar at all but have you looked at the fixes for the PayPal IPN? I'm suspecting there's something in the GC-IPN files that takes over from checkout_process.php that you would have to work any changes made to checkout_process.php into, or an additional 'application_top.php' type file.

I am having some issues with the installation, I looked for a resolution to no avail.

First is this:

The edit button in the stock report/ products stock is linking to this : https://www.#####.com/ecommerce/admin/categ...ion=new_product rather than the current product. So it doesnt actually take me to the current product to edit.

Of course when I do click the edit button I am taken to the admin/categories.php page for a new product and I have these errors at the top of the page:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/###/public_html/ecommerce/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/###/public_html/ecommerce/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

I also do not see that it is calculating stock correctly during checkout. If I have 3 size sm shirts in stock and put 4 size small shirts in my cart it will still allow me to checkout without any warnings whatsoever. I need to be able to limit the purchases to only the stock available. I do have check stock level: true, subtract stock: true, and allow checkout: false.

Can anyone tell me if I missed the resolution to these problems here in the forum or if you may know the resolution? I just cant see what I missed.

i have problem when i try this modul now i get error in the Whats New ? when i press there i get this

Fehlende® oder ungültige® Größenparameter!

in the right menu i can see the random products no problem

for there

Sorry I didnt include this in my last post. Perhaps someone has this answer too.

Is it possible to have a quantity selection box in the product_info.php where it was directly linked to the attributes quantity.

so, if I clicked the attribute size 2 and I only had 3, the quantity box would have a selection choice of 1, 2, 3 to go to the cart? And the same for the cart, a quantity drop down box where the quantity would pull from the attribute quantity?

Thank you all in advance!

QTPro Visible Price Attributes

Gather that "Trogette" was involved in at least part of this excellent osC Contribution. Can she (or anyone else) tell me whether BASE + ATTRIBUTE cost can be reflected in the pulldown inclusive of tax. Without that ability, if the basic price shows inclusive of tax, then having attribute added BUT WITHOUT TAX is confusing to customer!

If base item price was GBP 33.00 and GBP4 added against size attribute and product was set as 'taxable' the base price on page would be GBP37.78 with tax. Adding the attribute size supplement would make at total cost of £43.48. The customer will see GBP37 in pulldown if this contribution cannot handle tax which makes for real customer confusion!

Can this contribution only be used where tax is NOT included? Any ideas?

I just have a quick question. Does anyone know if this will show the actual attribute price? For example instead of +$10.00 $+15.00 it will show the actual price of the product.

If so how do I go about doing this?

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

I just have a quick question. Does anyone know if this will show the actual attribute price? For example instead of +$10.00 $+15.00 it will show the actual price of the product.

If so how do I go about doing this?

-Thanks

Yes it does work exactly as stated in contribution - see my post immediately above yours. Tax is my issue and something I need to resolve. Installing was easy following instructions and with base price + attribute added, total price is shown - you have 2 choices of display - attribute changed prices only displayed or all attributes priced either as base price or total with attribute add-on. See accompanying notes in contribution. It really works well! As always backup before installing!

Well I already have it installed. I had to use a file compare software as I didn't see step by step install instructions. Where do you select the choice of display? I didn't see anything in the manual about actual attribute price.

I think what you are asking is for it to add tax to the attribute price in the drop down? I am not sure how you would do that. I think their is a setting in Admin to display prices with tax if i remember correctly. In my case I only need to charge tax for my state so I don't need it added to the attribute price, it will add it to the price during checkout. Does it not add tax at all even during checkout?

Actually I just checked and you might want to check this in case you haven't done this

Admin>configuration>My Store, towards the bottom their is "Display Prices with Tax" set it to true if you have not already and see if that helps.

Edited by Silverado05

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Ok I just tried to use the actually attribute price and It wouldn't work. I have some attributes that are $3.99 and one that is $4.99. While it will displays correctly when I enter it in the attributes page if I was to add a product that was $4.99 it would show -$1.00. In order for it to add it correctly to the cart I have to add it as +$1.00 but that is how it shows in the drop down box. So how do you going about showing the actual attribute price?

-Thanks

Has anyone had any success with installing QTpro with RC-1?

If you have pointers on getting it to work will be appreciated as I desperately need the stock control feature working correctly.

I have recently installed a new osCommerce store for a friend (embarrassing as this is as a favour and not for money!!), and as the download section now only has the option of RC-1 I assumed that this was the one to go for, apparently not judging by many of the comments that I have seen on the forum.

I have run the QTpro install three times and have had very little success with various errors coming up.

Register globals was the first one, easy to fix but a little worrying!

Then FILENAME_LOGIN doesn't exist, due to RC-1 having an admin login.

Get around that and then the administrators table doesn't exist - which is where I came to a grinding halt as I could not find a way around that one.

I have manually gone through the install routine, checked and double checked the changed files, and all I can see is that the filenames.php and application_top.php are the possible problem files...

Re-installed backups, back to square one, trying to sort out an alternative way to manage stock control for hundreds of clothing items, with dozens of colours, and very many size variations.... not much fun.

Any ideas gratefully received

Phil

Edited by compusol

Phil Horsepool