• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Five Sure Fire Website Traffic Increasing Steps

stephenjohnson

One of the most common needs of site owners is traffic. Without traffic a website barely exists, and we shouldn’t even talk about profit. We will try to see here the most important steps to attract targeted traffic. Beginners in internet usually make the mistake to want any kind of traffic and therefore they get themselves into programs that offer tens of thousands of hits for their site, but most of them are blind hits. And after this experience they don’t manage a thing and they give up the idea they could ever do something.

For those who try to learn from they experience, they have to come to the conclusion that the only type of traffic they need is targeted traffic. They need real interested visitors, not visitors forced by a traffic generating system to enter their site.

1. Affiliate programs

These programs consist of giving part of your profit to those who help you sell. In time you can get a true army of promoters that will advertise for you. This is done not just for internet sites; it is also done in real life, by big companies.

2. Adding content

Adding high quality content to your site you will make an ideal instrument to always increase traffic. Search engines provide the highest position to the most relevant site for the given keyword. So your content must be well thought, containing the terms you are selling or proving many times, but being still easy to read.

3. Creating content materials

While you search for material to add to your site, others are searching for sites that publish content. Creating some article or newsletter will allow you to add it immediately to your site, but you can also give it to others along with a link to your site.

4. Publishing through Ezines

A good way to achieve a number of loyal visitors is to occasionally announce everyone that chooses to be announced of news and new products. Publishing quality information in the sent emails will give a boost to your credibility and you will build a serious amount of loyal visitors.

5. Pay per Click Search Engines

When using such engines, you will pay to increase your rank for various keywords used in searches. If the keywords are chosen properly, you will be paying only for the visitors your are interested in.

If all of this sounds like a lot to manage, don’t worry. There are many companies devoted solely to the implementation of SEO practices for their client’s websites. An expert company can improve your rankings, increase your web presence, and give your website’s traffic a major boost. When you begin to search for the right SEO and Internet marketing company, be sure to ask any prospective companies about the above tips. The right company should be able to help with these areas, and expand on them, to help your site achieve the highest rankings possible.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of the most common needs of site owners is traffic. Without traffic a website barely exists, and we shouldn’t even talk about profit. We will try to see here the most important steps to attract targeted traffic. Beginners in internet usually make the mistake to want any kind of traffic and therefore they get themselves into programs that offer tens of thousands of hits for their site, but most of them are blind hits. And after this experience they don’t manage a thing and they give up the idea they could ever do something.

For those who try to learn from they experience, they have to come to the conclusion that the only type of traffic they need is targeted traffic. They need real interested visitors, not visitors forced by a traffic generating system to enter their site.

1. Affiliate programs

These programs consist of giving part of your profit to those who help you sell. In time you can get a true army of promoters that will advertise for you. This is done not just for internet sites; it is also done in real life, by big companies.

2. Adding content

Adding high quality content to your site you will make an ideal instrument to always increase traffic. Search engines provide the highest position to the most relevant site for the given keyword. So your content must be well thought, containing the terms you are selling or proving many times, but being still easy to read.

3. Creating content materials

While you search for material to add to your site, others are searching for sites that publish content. Creating some article or newsletter will allow you to add it immediately to your site, but you can also give it to others along with a link to your site.

4. Publishing through Ezines

A good way to achieve a number of loyal visitors is to occasionally announce everyone that chooses to be announced of news and new products. Publishing quality information in the sent emails will give a boost to your credibility and you will build a serious amount of loyal visitors.

5. Pay per Click Search Engines

When using such engines, you will pay to increase your rank for various keywords used in searches. If the keywords are chosen properly, you will be paying only for the visitors your are interested in.

If all of this sounds like a lot to manage, don’t worry. There are many companies devoted solely to the implementation of SEO practices for their client’s websites. An expert company can improve your rankings, increase your web presence, and give your website’s traffic a major boost. When you begin to search for the right SEO and Internet marketing company, be sure to ask any prospective companies about the above tips. The right company should be able to help with these areas, and expand on them, to help your site achieve the highest rankings possible.

What about getting into the google product directly? You know, the "shopping results" that it shows towards the top of the search results page (well in most cases it appears). Has anyone tried that? I heard it is pretty easy to get listed there; however, to get top placement, I think that you have to pretty much have the lowest price (which is pretty near impossible in most cases it seems).

Do you have any experience with this? And if so, was it even worth the bother? I have heard some people say that it generates a decent amount of traffic (I wonder if they had the lowest price out of all the competition though.....)

What about getting into the google product directly? You know, the "shopping results" that it shows towards the top of the search results page (well in most cases it appears). Has anyone tried that? I heard it is pretty easy to get listed there; however, to get top placement, I think that you have to pretty much have the lowest price (which is pretty near impossible in most cases it seems).

Do you have any experience with this? And if so, was it even worth the bother? I have heard some people say that it generates a decent amount of traffic (I wonder if they had the lowest price out of all the competition though.....)

I use a Google Feeder contribution that creates a .txt file that Google Base uploads once a month. GREAT results as my products show at or close to the top. 60% of traffic is from that alone! The feed failed once and hits fell terribly.

You will need to create and set up a Google Base account but it is not hard.

The contribution I use is a manual process but I did see one that is a combo .php and .htaccess method that makes it automatic - search the contributions as I do not have a link.

Bottom line - WELL WORTH THE EFFORT!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pay per click is getting too expensive these days. Best way is to promote your website on natural search results of Google/Yahoo and Bing.

Bing is also gaining popularity and it looks like it is a promising search engines. You should promote your website on various search engines including Google, Yahoo and Bing.

You can also promote your website through social bookmarking.

jamie

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that you can make a blanket general statement as "PPC is getting too expensive these days". It depends on your niche and which keywords that you are targeting. Sure if you are targeting single words, then it will be way too expensive. But if you target phrases within your niche, you can get very good results from Adwords with very high conversion rates at fairly low PPC costs.

• 3 months later...

GWilliamP is dead on the money... I love Google Feeder for listing the individual products ! Google base just loves indexing products fed in this way. With a little practice your products can be all over the top results of Google search too. Im getting a lot of my traffic from this.

So how will you know what keywords to use? Well, Google trends from Google labs is now online for you to use, still on its early beta-stage as of this writing but still pretty usable for our purpose.

Step 1: Go to the main interface of Google trends

Step 2: Enter the keywords you want to study.

Good luck !

Archived