osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Worldpay 4.0 - Version 1.0

scottymcloo

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to thank everyone involved in the development of the Worldpay addition, it installed and worked perfectly first time. :)

I did notice however that the option comes up in the payment options section of the shop as WorldPay, would it be possible to change this to say something like pay by Credit or Debit Card? I'm pretty sure this would be a pretty simple modifiction, I just don't know which file I should be looking at changing.

Any pointers would be great

Thanks All

I did this for my site. Basically, the payment modules pass through a field to say which one you've selected, and are geared more towards multiple options (ie credit card, World Pay etc). What I did was to pass the World Pay value through in a hidden field, and then hard code in that the payment was through World Pay.

If you don't fancy doing this, edit the worldpay.php file in the "languages->modules->payment->english" folder. The top field should be the name that displays the name of the payment module. Change this to "Credit Card" and Bob's your mother's brother!! :D

Phil

Didn't think about changing the text in the language file...good idea :)

...pretty sure our customers have no idea what worldpay is anyway...and might stop their checkout process if they see the only payment option is something called "WorldPay"... :?

Thanks Phil

That worked out great :D

I just took a quick look at your site, its gona look great when its finished, I know this is a little off topic but how did you get the boxes to be round in all the corners, it looks pretty smart

Cheers

Andy

Im still searching ravenously for a credit card solution for my site. Worldpay seems popular, plus it would appear to have a great contribution, but isn't it pricey?

I just received a quotation from them:

Setup Fee $450 CAD

Monthly Fee $60 (Includes 3 free currencies)

US$ to US$ 3.25% + Per Transaction Fee $0.60

Multi-currency Transactions 5.25% + no per trans fee

This seemed a bit high to me..plus there are administrative fees on top of that, any thoughts?

Yes it is expensive but there isn't much competition, even so those rates sound too high :o . They do special offers on installation and I wouldn't have expected that you should pay more than 600 CAD (plus transaction charges) in your first year for the basic service. If you can manage with an American company then you can save half the cost, but there are always drawbacks such as everything being in USD or foreign customers not being accepted. Give it a few years and the rest of the world will get there :) but then there will be more competition for us. :(

Thanks Phil

That worked out great :D

I just took a quick look at your site, its gona look great when its finished, I know this is a little off topic but how did you get the boxes to be round in all the corners, it looks pretty smart

Cheers

Andy

Good stuff Andy. Glad to have been of help. Thanks for the feedback too! I've sent you a private message so we don't clog up this thread!

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've a suggestion in that the latest version still brings in the default header. Which obviously contains links that can be clicked.

Would it be a good idea to do away with the standard header include and incorporate a custom header without links?

Let me know what you think.

I wish....

I had the Money of Bill [Gates]

The Wit of Oscar [Wilde]

and could play the guitar like Carlos [santana]!!!

I guess I'll just have to settle with being me! :D

Hi

There is a long discussion about this here and it was collectively decided to keep the header in order to maintain the look and feel of the cart - yes it can be clicked on but the message does clearly state that user should wait till the order is processed.

Anyway - if you still want to remove the header just remove the include header.php line from wpcallback.php and/or add your own custom html type header.

Thanks graham.

Coz I'm the paranoid type I've elected to go with the custom one without the default header.

Still, good job with your contribution!

I wish....

I had the Money of Bill [Gates]

The Wit of Oscar [Wilde]

and could play the guitar like Carlos [santana]!!!

I guess I'll just have to settle with being me! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've inplemented the WorldPay module (created a separate callback page without any other buttons, by the way, which seems to work fine), but one wee problem I've found is that osCommerce doesn't seem to pass through the customer's country to WorldPay properly. The hidden field is there in the HTML, but the value is empty. Which means that the customer has to select their country.

Anyone else found this? Any ideas how to solve it?

Ta,

Phil

I think this'l do it

If you include the following line in the html form on your site that links

to the payment page you will find that the list defaults to United Kingdom

<input type="hidden" name="country" value="GB">

you of course will want Ireland

World Pay is very helpful here, chuck the question to them too

What goes up MUST come down

Ian Davidson has made some modifications to the Worldpay code to include the following:

Cleaned up code;

Improved callback page layout a bit;

Moved the static English to language file to allow for bi-lingual use;

Now posting a language code to WP so setting the WP Payment Page Language to be the same as the OS Commerce site;

Redirect on Payment failure now to Checkout Payment to encourage another attempt;

Reduced the re-direct time to 8 seconds (I got nervous waiting!);

Added MD5 (Untested);

Made callback dynamic to allow for multi-store implementation.

He has asked me do do some testing, which I will do over the next couple of days, then post as a new version in contributions.

This should work okay in the existing version - do you see the country name in the last page (checkout confirmation) prior to moving to WP and does it get stored in the order details in the database?

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

This should work okay in the existing version - do you see the country name in the last page (checkout confirmation) prior to moving to WP and does it get stored in the order details in the database?

It kinda works. The country is displayed fine. However, it's the hidden "country" field that isn't working properly. At present, it's only showing the first letter of the ISO code (ie F for France, instead of FR). Not too sure why though....

It kinda works. The country is displayed fine. However, it's the hidden "country" field that isn't working properly.  At present, it's only showing the first letter of the ISO code (ie F for France, instead of FR).  Not too sure why though....

Its difficult to say but I suspect that you are not seeing the first letter of the ISO code but the first letter of The Country name because there is a problem with the customer array in catalog/includes/classes/order.php.

The problem is likely to be in the order.php class customer_address_query somewhere. Some things to look for are:

- Try temporarily changing the 2 letter ISO code in table countries to something wierd to confirm that you are seeing the first letter of the ISO code and not the first letter of the Country Name.

- is the customers Country Name exactly the same as that stored in the countries table and is the associated id number the same as that stored for the customer in the adress_book table under entry_country_id?

- are you using a recent version of the order class?

- is the hidden field in worldpay enetered EXACTLY as:

tep_draw_hidden_field('country', $order->customer['country']['iso_code_2'])

- you could try replacing this field with:

tep_draw_hidden_field('country', $order->$order->$customer_address['countries_iso_code_2'])

not sure if this will work though!

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

I've got this working just great by doing the following..

i added this line around 117 in includesmodulespaymentworldpay

tep_draw_hidden_field('lang', WORLDPAY_LANGUAGE_ID ) .

then in my includeslanguagesenglish.php french.php german.php and italian.php added the following around line 39

// define worldpay language code

define('WORLDPAY_LANGUAGE_ID','fr'); // de for german etc

I also added in a load of language defines under each language directory for wpcallback.php, so that when customers come back from WorldPay they get the succes or failure messages in the correct language. If anyones interested PM me for the files.

A new version of the Worldpay payment module has been posted into the contributions section. These enhancements have been written by Ian-San (Ian Davidson), and thanks to him for this work.

The modifications to the code to include the following:

Cleaned up code;

Improved callback page layout a bit;

Moved the static English to language file to allow for bi-lingual use;

Now posting a language code to WP so setting the WP Payment Page Language to be the same as the OS Commerce site;

Redirect on Payment failure now to Checkout Payment to encourage another attempt;

Reduced the re-direct time to 8 seconds (I got nervous waiting!);

Added MD5 (Untested);

Made callback dynamic to allow for multi-store implementation.

Please backup all files before installing and make sure to test the module before using in a live environment.

The instructions contain all the neccessary steps to install this module, and need to be followed carefully. Specifically, the callback URL in the Worldpay admin module MUST be changed to <wpdisplay item="MC_callback"> - full details in the install guide.

Graeme

Hello all,

I recently installed and tested the previous version of this module and all is working great....well done and thanks for the hard work in getting it right. I look forward to loading up this latest version.

Have any of you guys had any experience using Craig Smith's contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ions,877/page,6 which updates the currencies table using rates downloaded from worldpay.

I've just tried installing it and have a problem with it (PHP is complaining about the fsockopen() function. I dont want to clog up this thread regarding a different contribution but thought it would be worth asking the question of people experienced with worldpay in case you have any pointers.

Mostly I wanted to ask... any plans to add an auto curreny update or merge Craig's contribution into your worldpay module ?

I think it would be nice to align the currencies conversion rates used in the shop with the rates used by worldpay at the point of payment.

(a) so that it doesn't confuse the customer and (B) more importantly we don't lose out on exchange rates by forgetting to keep the shop rates up to date !

Thanks

Simon

I've been contemplating thinking about thinking

Hello again

Another thing....

You are now permitted by worldpay to display the visa/mastercard etc images on your own shop site (rather than only on the worlpay payment page). They even provide the images for you to download.

On my site I have now added them in an infobox on the default page to show at the point of entry what cards are accepted. However:

I thought it would be nice to display these images along with the text defined as MODULE_PAYMENT_WORLDPAY_TEXT_TITLE (in the worldpay language file), on the checkout_payment.php page just to re-inforce what cards are accepted before they actually choose to pay by this method.

I got this working (but havn't fully tested yet) by simply adding the html image tags into the MODULE_PAYMENT_WORLDPAY_TEXT_TITLE definition after the text.

Does anyone see a problem with doing it that way or might that cause a problem elsewhere ? For example in the admin system payment modules screen you get an image not found error because it uses the same definition as its title for the module but cant find the image (which is in the catalog images directory.)

Does anyone have a better or more elegant way of doing it ? assuming you think its a worthwhile thing to do anyway !!

Thanks

Simon

Hello 64...

The latest module is now posted.

I did have a look at this contribution in the past, and although I have no need to use it, I did get it working. From memory, I dont think it is integrated directly with osCommerce - please tell me if it is.

Regarding the integration with the WP module, I will have another look, and will let you know.

The problem with integrating the currency update is that it is not actually an addition to the wp module but instead it is part of admin. Still it is an interesting idea.

WP always allowed you to link to their credit card images, just not download and store them. There is no real issue either way but if you do link (rather than store on your site) you may get performance issues and if you download, you have to keep them updated!

Dont put the images in MODULE_PAYMENT_WORLDPAY_TEXT_TITLE as this appears in various places in the store / admin and will definitely screw things up!

Instead, you could add a 'more info' link to this title to say the payment info page.

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

Thanks for your comments re. the card issuer images.

I'm still thinking through the currency update thing....and the more I think about it the more I would like to solve the problem.

But as this is not a WP module issue directly...more a potential issue for worldpay users I have started this as a new thread

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40471

Grateful of any help received !

Thanks

Simon