• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All Products SEO

Jack_mcs

No, I hadn't considered that. The price list can be very slow as it is, if there are a large number of products. Having to check every product would make it unuseable if there are many products with attributes. An alternative might be to check if there are attributes with prices and then change the price to read something like "Starting at $X"

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

We do that now in our product_listing and product_info. Products prices are all zero, attribute has full price. We don't have that many products, maybe two hundred. Will try to edit your contribution. If you could point us in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Thank you for the contribution.

I have a slight problem because I use two languages on my site.

When I add a heading from the admin side, on the catalog I can see the English heading fine but the Greek is just like this ???????

It's not picking up the language character set.

All the Greek files have been converted UTF-8 without BOM in order to display properly.

Is it possible for the admin/all-products.php file to be split into an english and other language file (in this case Greek) ?

Is there another way around this?

Thank you in advance

The heading text is stored in the database. It sounds like the default collation isn't set right. If you are using 2.3.3.4, run the conversion option on the database to make sure the tables are setup correctly. You could try changing the CHARSET setting in the English.php file of admin as a quick test to see if that is at fault. It should be set to utf-8.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

In the admin english.php file it says: setlocale(LC_ALL, array('en_US.UTF-8', 'en_US.UTF8', 'enu_usa'));

I checked the database and for all tables included in the standard oscommerce the collation is utf8_unicode_ci however, for contributions I've added, the collation is latin1_swedish_ci. This includes all_products_seo.

Should it be changed and if so, what is the correct way to do this?

In reply to If you are using 2.3.3.4, run the conversion option on the database to make sure the tables are setup correctly.

I am using 2.3.3.4 but I don't know what the conversion option is. If you can please point me in the right direction.

Thanks again

Goto admin->Tools->Database Tables, select all of the tables, or just the ones you want, and choose convert to utf-8.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 8 months later...

Hello

I am using " oscommerce 2.3.4 "

import allprods_seo.sql file in the database

but view this error

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '279', '14', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL)' at line 2

please help me

I just tried the command on a blank 2.3.4 shop and it worked. You may not have shown the complete error though so all I can think of is that the ID may already be used. So try changing all instances of '279' in that file to '289' and try it again. Or, a more correct way, look at the ID of the last entry in the configuration_group table and if 279 exists, change the number in the file to one that doesn't exist.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 months later...

Hello

I have OSC 2.3.4BS, with SEO reloaded and i would like to use this as i had it on a previous incarnation,( my site is available in my profile) would it be suitable with the rewriter i have and does this version have the Rel="next" and rel="prev" or another way of telling the search engines there are multiple pages for SEO as I have a large data base and every Alphabet letter will have many pages. I would also like this facility for other pages within my site as some of the categories have many pages and i Know you are the man for this.

Regards

David

David

I can't say if it will work with your rewriter, not knowing what that is. It works with Ultimate SEO. It should work with SEO 5 if you are using rewrite mode and there is a rewrite command for it but I haven't tested that.

For the canonical tag, that's not something that should be handled by particular pages in an addon. It should be handled globally by whatever is handling your canonical tags. If you check my site, you will see the canonical tag for this addon is working correctly and there isn't anything special for that in the file. It is handled, in my case, by the Header Tags SEO addon.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, not yet. The included 2.3 version should work other than needing to change the table-type commands to div's in the files for the root. 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

@@Jack_mcs I did get this working on 2.3.4 BS GOLD BTW.... Not too much work.

Just left it with Display Mode "false".... and no additions to user.css - so its using the product_listing module.

I'm happy to post the code here for others - and, I'm sure, for you to improve.

Here you go Jack. its very basic... just drop the one file (attached) on top for bootstrap.

I didn't redo the instructions for adding links to the box modules - and therefore the css changes are not critical.

If someone is interested in adding the links to bm_categories.php, bm_specials.php, bm_whats_new.php they would be done in includes/modules/boxes/templates/specials, whats_new & categories.php. And the additions mentioned in your original instructions to stylesheet.css would be added to user.css.

And example of the the box modules change to includes/modules/boxes/templates/whats_new.php would go something like - change;

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br /><a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br />' . $whats_new_price . '</div>'; ?>

To;

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br /><a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br />' . $whats_new_price . '</div><br />'; ?>
    <div class="allproductsBox"><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('products_new.php'); ?>"><?php echo BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_WHATSNEW; ?></a></div>

Zip attached with all-products.php and basic instructions.

boostrap all-products.zip

• 1 month later...

Hi,

attachicon.gifbm_categories_accordion.php

for anybody wanting Jacks contribution integrated with accordion_categories_menu_1.1.2 here is the bm_categories_accordion.php

John

I must be blind or something - the link above is broken, not even visible on the original post, but I do not find a working link to download this file... Would anyone have this file??? Am I just not seeing it?

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

@@Roaddoctor That member died a month or two ago so I imagine the link was to his site which is probably no longer active.  I didn't download that file so I don't have. Maybe someone else did though.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 8 months later...

Hi Jack,

I installed and eveything seems ok, just when i click in admin/tools/all products seo I get an ERROR 404 page !

domain.eu/backend/FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO does not exsist.

Maybe because before the adminsite was always in admin and know you can change the name ??

when I go manualy to the backend/all-products.php file I get a bunch of errors ;

Warning: include(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /backend/all-products.php on line 18

Warning: include(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in  /backend/all-products.php on line 18

Warning: include(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /backend/all-products.php on line 18

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php52/lib/php') in /backend/all-products.php on line 18

Warning: include_once(includes/functions/FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /backend/all-products.php on line 19

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/php52/lib/php') in /backend/all-products.php on line 19

Fatal error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object in  /backend/all-products.php on line 35

I double checked the installation, dont see why.

Thanks for support

Kozak

Hi Jack,

that's right ad fixed.

Error ; Fatal error: Call to undefined function getcategorytree() in backend/all-products.php on line 67

This is line 67 :

<?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('category', GetCategoryTree(), $catID , 'onChange="this.form.submit();"'); ?>

???

you know why?

Thanks for help

Kozak 

The error is saying a function can't be found. It is in the includes/functions/all-products.php file. If that file isn't present, then you will need to upload it. If it is there, then something is wrong with your installation. The path you show has backend in it which suggests this is in the admin. In that case, there is a big problem since that function isn't used in admin.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have OSC2.3.3, installed and immediatly the installation ask for a new name for the admin secion.

Has tons of addons and everything works well.

Must say that it become difficult to install new addons because their not compactible with other ones.

I think issue has to do because I changed the original categorie menu by a superfish one that I could easely mod and having something different.

I will try your addon on another installation before the superfish to check if this is the cause.

kind regards