• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All Products SEO

Jack_mcs

Hats off to you Jack for another cracking contribution.

I had a wee glitch on setting up as I was using Winmerge to apply the updates based on the files for a clean install in the catalog directory. It turned out a couple of the updates in the Readme weren't supported by updated files in the catalog directory. Hopefully the following zip file of the missing edited files will save you a couple of minutes in completing the package: http://neo-lasers.co.uk/shop-two/stuff/catalog_missing.zip

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Hats off to you Jack for another cracking contribution.

I had a wee glitch on setting up as I was using Winmerge to apply the updates based on the files for a clean install in the catalog directory. It turned out a couple of the updates in the Readme weren't supported by updated files in the catalog directory. Hopefully the following zip file of the missing edited files will save you a couple of minutes in completing the package: http://neo-lasers.co.uk/shop-two/stuff/catalog_missing.zip

Thank you for taking the time to prepare those. They will be added to the next version.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the fantastic addon DynaMenu, i guess i can't use this contrib with that, because would have to make changes in dM_categories.php.

If anyone knows how to sort it share your ideas.

On another issue... how do we uninstall the sql... can you give the sql code to uninstall the contribution

thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jack_mcs,

I noticed you have the following instructions on your readme:

13) In catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php,

FIND:

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

ADD BEFORE:

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
                               'text'  => '<a class="allproductsBox" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, '', 'NONSSL') . '" title="'  . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_CATEGORIES . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_CATEGORIES . '</a>');

14) In catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php,

FIND:

ADD BEFORE:

'text'  => '<a class="allproductsBox" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" title="' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_SPECIALS . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_SPECIALS . '</a>');

15) In catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php,

FIND:

ADD BEFORE:

'text' => '<a class="allproductsBox" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '" title="' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_WHATSNEW . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_WHATSNEW .'</a>');

Is this right? Step 15 could be inserted in step 13

Besides i have done all the instructions and:

I have the following error on the page(it loads)

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

Questions:

A) What is your suggestion to correct this... i have followed all the instalations steps

B ) If i want to insert in a given infobox the All products page link where in the infobox (catalog/includes/boxes/<infobox_name>.php shall i insert this code:

'text'  => '<a class="allproductsBox" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, '', 'NONSSL') . '" title="'  . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_CATEGORIES . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_CATEGORIES . '</a>');

Ok nevermind for the first part of my post, it was written previously in this thread the answer to my question i.e the step 15 should be catalog/includes/boxes/whats-new.php and not catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php.

This is a very handy contribution, congratulations

Now i have working the specials, and whats-new infobox, though categories infobox i still can't make the all products link to display.

If anyone here succeded using dynamenu contrib to display categories and all products SEO i would like you to PM me with the solution for showing in the dynamenu the all products link. (or just post in here for everyone :) )

I don't know where to insert this bit of code to make it work (i think all the necessary variables and parameters are declared in other place)

'text'  => '<a class="allproductsBox" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" title="' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_SPECIALS . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_SPECIALS . '</a>');

Thanks in advance

hello..

i search for solution... after install ok when a check all products... error..

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in xxxxxxxx/includes/application_top.php on line 68

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at xxxxxxx/includes/application_top.php:68) in xxxxxxx/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/includes/application_top.php on line 68

/includes/application_top.php on line 68

trigger_error( 'USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer.', E_USER_WARNING );

you have idea?

hello..

i search for solution... after install ok when a check all products... error..

/includes/application_top.php on line 68

you have idea?

That's a problem with SEO 5, or some other contribution you have insalled. You will need to contact its author for a fix.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I've installed All Products SEO and got a problem. Some of my products are set to be sold out, so I don't really want to show them on the list of my products. When I choose a letter on all-products.php, it's ok. Products that are sold out, aren't seen, but when I choose "Show All", all the products are listed, even those sold out. And there's one more problem then - I've got 40 products (including those sold out) and there appear 2 pages. On first one it's written "Showing 1-20 (from 40) products", on the second one "Showing 21-40 (from 40) products", and it's logic. But the thing is, that on both of them, there are listed all 40 products, so the second page is like a duplicate of the first one. Is there any way to fix this?

Ok, I've managed to make it work - my split_page_results.php file was corrupted. But still, is there any possibility NOT to show sold out products?

In all-products.php, find two instances of

p.products_status = '1'

and change them to

p.products_status = '1' and p.products_quantity > 0 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In all-products.php, find two instances of

p.products_status = '1'

and change them to

p.products_status = '1' and p.products_quantity > 0 

Thanks for reply Jack.

You mean all-products.php file, the one in catalog? There's only one instance of that string "p.products_status" and it's there:

$where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' AND p.products_status='1' ";

And I guess it's not about that one.

Thanks for reply Jack.

You mean all-products.php file, the one in catalog? There's only one instance of that string "p.products_status" and it's there:

$where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' AND p.products_status='1' ";

And I guess it's not about that one.

Yes, that is the correct file. Although the file I have here has two instances. Are you using the latest version? In any event, you can safely change the one instance and see what happens.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that is the correct file. Although the file I have here has two instances. Are you using the latest version? In any event, you can safely change the one instance and see what happens.

Yes, I think so - I'm using version 1.2 from there: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,6216/category,3/search,all+products+seo

Even when I looked into that package once again, there's still only one instance of p.products_status, or am I blind? :)

Even though, I changed that one as You told me, from:

to:

$where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' AND p.products_status='1' and p.products_quantity > 0";

But in vain. Nothing has changed.

That's an invalid link so I can't check it. You can use the one on page one of this thread to be sure you have the correct version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's an invalid link so I can't check it. You can use the one on page one of this thread to be sure you have the correct version.

Sorry, I didn't check the link I've put. Of course it's the same link FWR Media wrote on the first page of this thread (third post). Not "All products with images", but "All products SEO". > The right link <

Can You really find two instances of p.products_status in there? :)

Ok, but anyways, Jack - You gave me a hint where to look for and I tried to do that by myself. Thank You very much.

If anyone else has the same problem, here's the solution:

Source all-products.php file has those lines:

-----------------------------------------------------

if (in_array($firstletter, $letters) || in_array($firstletter, $numbers))

{

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE . '-'. $firstletter, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, 'fl='.$firstletter, 'NONSSL'));

}

else if (! tep_not_null($firstletter))

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, '', 'NONSSL'));

You don't have to be a pro codder to see what happens here. When we've got any letter chosen to display products by, there's one extra line which is setting $where variable. So we have to add it also to the second if.

The code then should look like that:

if (in_array($firstletter, $letters) || in_array($firstletter, $numbers))

{

$where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' AND p.products_status='1' AND p.products_quantity > '0'";

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE . '-'. $firstletter, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, 'fl='.$firstletter, 'NONSSL'));

}

else if (! tep_not_null($firstletter))

$where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' AND p.products_status='1' AND p.products_quantity > '0'";

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, '', 'NONSSL'));

I've added also " AND p.products_quantity > '0' " to both of them as Jack told me to do, but I guess it should be working even without that as far as products_status is automatically setting to 0 when products_quantity equals 0.

Edited by varis

• 1 month later...

I installed AllProducts_SEO_v_1.2

I am having problems getting the links for each letter/number to work.

When I click on " view all products" It displays the first 20 products and has the links (A thru Z, 0 thru 9 and FULL) above the description header,

But only "FULL" is clickable. A thru Z and 0 thru 9 will not link you to those products.

Here is the link to my site.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

Ex Mainframe Programmer, now learning osCommerce

I installed AllProducts_SEO_v_1.2

I am having problems getting the links for each letter/number to work.

When I click on " view all products" It displays the first 20 products and has the links (A thru Z, 0 thru 9 and FULL) above the description header,

But only "FULL" is clickable. A thru Z and 0 thru 9 will not link you to those products.

Here is the link to my site.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

The code probably wouldn't be able to find products beginning with quotes. I've never tested it but I don't recall coding it for such things. But it should catch the other products but I don't why it is not. The only thing I can guess is that the quotes in the initial product is throwing off the search code. I will test this when I get a chance but it won't be anytime soon.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code probably wouldn't be able to find products beginning with quotes. I've never tested it but I don't recall coding it for such things. But it should catch the other products but I don't why it is not. The only thing I can guess is that the quotes in the initial product is throwing off the search code. I will test this when I get a chance but it won't be anytime soon.

Jack,

Thank you for your time and quick response! Your comment about the quotes got me thinking, so I started to play around with the product description. I have HTML in the description, for example:

<b>1" - Extended Thread Inlet Fitting</b><br><i>1" x 3/8"

And when I removed the HTML coding from the prod description the link worked. Is there a better way for me change the product description or is it best to try and change the code to ignore HTML code?

Thank you for your time.

Jack,

Thank you for your time and quick response! Your comment about the quotes got me thinking, so I started to play around with the product description. I have HTML in the description, for example:

<b>1" - Extended Thread Inlet Fitting</b><br><i>1" x 3/8"

And when I removed the HTML coding from the prod description the link worked. Is there a better way for me change the product description or is it best to try and change the code to ignore HTML code?

Thank you for your time.

This contribution should only look at the title so I don't know how chaning the description would allow it to work. But even if it does, you shouldn't have to alter your description to have the contribution work. The contribution, any contribution, should adapt to your description, not the other way around. If you have the Easy Populate contribution installed, there is a way to substiture ascii code for the quotes. That will sometimes fix problems like this. The other way would be to alter the contributions code to remove the html.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This contribution should only look at the title so I don't know how chaning the description would allow it to work. But even if it does, you shouldn't have to alter your description to have the contribution work. The contribution, any contribution, should adapt to your description, not the other way around. If you have the Easy Populate contribution installed, there is a way to substiture ascii code for the quotes. That will sometimes fix problems like this. The other way would be to alter the contributions code to remove the html.

MY Bad, I used the wrong field name.

I removed the HTML code from the Products Name:, not the description, using the osC Administration Tool.

Is the Products Name field and Title the same?

MY Bad, I used the wrong field name.

I removed the HTML code from the Products Name:, not the description, using the osC Administration Tool.

Is the Products Name field and Title the same?

In a stock shop it is. It might be different if you have a meta tags contribution installed. If the html you had for the product name (title on the page) is the same for all products, then it is best to just add that to the code in the product_info.php file. That will save you problems like this and also a lot of extra typing for each product. Of course, it makes it a fixed change so if you change your mind later on, you would have to edit the code to change how it displays.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 months later...

I installed this contribution but now i am getting this message when i click "view all products"at my homepage. Please help

1146 - Table 'nettly_tables.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]