• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need to eliminate free shipping over certain amount

milauskas

Hi All,

Silly question (but important--and I'm not afraid to say this makes me look stupid): I enabled free shipping for orders over $100, however, my client now changed her mind and we're NOT going to have free shipping. Problem is I can't remember what I did to enable free shipping over $100.

I've got a table rate shipping module and it's set to charge by price, like so: 20:15.95,30:17.95,50:20.95,99.99:22.95,100:34.95

However, any order I place over $100 show a shipping charge of $0.

Where can I look to try to change the code? I didn't set this in the Order Total module so it's got to be somewhere else. What pages should I look at? I've looked over checkout_shipping.php, but I don't think it's there.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Silly question (but important--and I'm not afraid to say this makes me look stupid): I enabled free shipping for orders over $100, however, my client now changed her mind and we're NOT going to have free shipping. Problem is I can't remember what I did to enable free shipping over $100.

I've got a table rate shipping module and it's set to charge by price, like so: 20:15.95,30:17.95,50:20.95,99.99:22.95,100:34.95

However, any order I place over $100 show a shipping charge of $0.

Where can I look to try to change the code? I didn't set this in the Order Total module so it's got to be somewhere else. What pages should I look at? I've looked over checkout_shipping.php, but I don't think it's there.

Thanks!

Could be set in admin as an option in shipping.

No, I checked. That's not it. I installed an additional table rate module to see if that had any affect. It didn't. Orders over $100 still get free shipping. I'm pulling my hair out on this. It would be easy to set free shipping in the order total module, but that's not where I altered the code. Guess I'll keep looking.

Okay, I seem to have solved it. I altered the table so that it now reads:

20:15.95,30:17.95,50:20.95,99.99:22.95,10000:34.95

So, any orders up to $10,000 will have $34.95 shipping. I still don't know why anything over $100 was giving me zero shipping. I assumed that 100 and up would be $34.95, but I may be wrong.

In any case, I am posting my solution in case anyone else runs across this in the future.

This is what I had in the table rate module: 20:15.95,30:17.95,50:20.95,99.99:22.95,100:34.95

I changed it to this and things are working okay: 20:15.95,30:17.95,50:20.95,99.99:22.95,10000:34.95

I don't know why the problem in the first place, but I'm not knocking my apparent success. Just letting everyone know about my solution.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I just spent a good two hours trying to find where the "free shipping over $$$" option was... and now that I finally found it, I'll post it here in case someone else is still having trouble:

Admin > Modules > Order Total

select Shipping [press that little "i" icon], click Edit and there you go...