• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL Not Working in 2.2rc2a Admin Side - Is This Normal?

rwest

I am upgrading my test environment from 2.2ms2 to 2.2rc2a. My admin login and admin pages are not using SSL as the earlier version does. Is this normal behavior for rc2a? I have a dedicated SSL cert, and I had to change ms2 files containing (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') to (getenv('SERVER_PORT') == '443') to make SSL work. However, I am confused that the (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') test isn't even included in rc2a files catalog/admin/login.php, and catalog/admin/index.php.

SSL seems to be working perfectly with original rc2a code on the catalog side. But nothing on the admin side seems to use SSL at all. Is this normal for 2.2rc2a?

thanks for any help,

Ron

No. SSL is issued to domain and has to be used on the domain it prints on the cert. dont know why you had to go so far as to change code (except configure.php) to make it work - very odd.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

This is a test environment, residing on the same domain as my working 2.2ms2 configuration, where SSL is working perfectly. There are a lot of posts regarding the problem I had in the past. It is caused by a faulty detection of SSL using the test (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on'). This causes some folks problems on certain hosts (I'm on bluehost.com), and the work-around was to substitute the test (getenv('SERVER_PORT') == '443'). The server port varies with different hosts, but my host uses 443 for SSL.

What I am questioning is the fact that while 2.2ms2 used the (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') test for in the admin/index.php file, as well as other files, 2.2rc2a doesn't use this test in this file (although it does in catalog/includes/application_top.php). I have tried using this same fix for this upgrade, but so far nothing has worked.

thanks,

Ron

Well, after troubleshooting this until I am cross eyed, I discovered some omitted entries in the admin/configure.php file. SSL does indeed work, and without my previous work-around.

Ron

Well, after troubleshooting this until I am cross eyed, I discovered some omitted entries in the admin/configure.php file. SSL does indeed work, and without my previous work-around.

Ron

What were the missing entries? I am having the same problem with the admin module.

Thanks,

Bruce

What were the missing entries? I am having the same problem with the admin module.

Thanks,

Bruce

It is rather simple to turn onSSL for your admin side.

Open admin/includes/configure.php and on the first line that is:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://yoursite.com');

change to https

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://yoursite.com');

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Archived