• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

API Account Username

rolaco

I know this must sound really lame but... where do I get the API Account Username so I can set up the API username, etc.???

I tried calling PayPal but they are closed now.

Help, please?

Thanks,

Paulo

Log onto your PayPal account.

Go to Edit Profile. There you will see a link to API on the left hand column. Click on it and follow the instructions. You can cut and paste the information from there into your details in OsCommerce.

Good luck

Log onto your PayPal account.

Go to Edit Profile. There you will see a link to API on the left hand column. Click on it and follow the instructions. You can cut and paste the information from there into your details in OsCommerce.

Good luck

I've gone there, and that's where the API account username is necessary to create the API username, password and signature. It says "Contact your shopping cart or solution provider for your API account username. Then enter it in the API account username box." I set up the osCommerce shopping cart, but I have no idea how to get this API account username!

I've gone there, and that's where the API account username is necessary to create the API username, password and signature. It says "Contact your shopping cart or solution provider for your API account username. Then enter it in the API account username box." I set up the osCommerce shopping cart, but I have no idea how to get this API account username!

First of all, I use PayPal Standard, that one works. Secondly, you must have a PP business or Premier account, a private account won't do.

Go here: http://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic...-signature.html

That should explain it all.

Kjell

Once you enter the API Credentials and Permissions section there should be two boxes. Click on the right hand box "Request API Credentials" and the information should appear.

Guys, you are great trying to help, but I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I have osCommerce installed and running.

I have a Business account with PayPal.

I have the PayPal Express Checkout module installed.

I now need to configure that module with the API Username, API Password and API Signature.

So, I go to PayPal, Profile, API Access and click on API Grant Permission.

On the next screen I am requested to input an API Account Username and select the API user level.

Here's where the problem lies. I don't know where to find the API Account Username that PayPal says comes from my cart ("Contact your shopping cart or solution provider for your API account username. Then enter it in the API account username box.").

I need this API Account Username so PayPal will grant API access to my shopping cart.

So, my question is...

Where do I find that API Account Username on the osCommerce shopping cart, or how do I create it?

Thanks again,

Paulo

Edited by rolaco

Guys, you are great trying to help, but I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I have osCommerce installed and running.

I have a Business account with PayPal.

I have the PayPal Express Checkout module installed.

I now need to configure that module with the API Username, API Password and API Signature.

So, I go to PayPal, Profile, API Access and click on API Grant Permission.

On the next screen I am requested to input an API Account Username and select the API user level.

Here's where the problem lies. I don't know where to find the API Account Username that PayPal says comes from my cart ("Contact your shopping cart or solution provider for your API account username. Then enter it in the API account username box.").

I need this API Account Username so PayPal will create the API Username, Password and Signature.

So, my question is...

Where do I find that API Account Username on the osCommerce shopping cart, or how do I create it?

Thanks again,

Paulo

Go here: http://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic...-signature.html

and follow instructions carefully.

Note the sequence.

Profile - API access - Request API credentials - Request API signature - Agree and Submit.

That will give you the API credentials needed.

I see that you say "So, I go to PayPal, Profile, API Access and click on API Grant Permission." That is not the correct sequence.

Try again.

K

Edited by KjellAa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...