• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where can I find freelance osCommerce developers?

msafi

I'm looking for someone to help me setup my single product eBook store.

The quotes I got for custom, from scratch development on Elance didn't exceed $300. I was hoping to save time and money by using a ready built solution such as osCommerce, but I'm picky about some details that I feel important. I need someone to help me with my efforts with an hourly rate compensation or something. Where can I find such a person?

Thanks a lot,

Do you really believe you would get a "from scratch" shopping cart app, for $300? Or do you think they may use something like osCommerce?

If you can do it yourself with osC, download it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads

add this:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/994

possibly PayPal IPN also

spax,

Thanks for the reply. Since I'm only selling a single product, my requirements aren't that complicated. I would think that the providers who quoted me are using some third party codes, but I don't think they'll be using a full fledged CMS. At any rate, you may think that an average person can handle the installation and administration of osC, and that maybe true. However, I personally get stuck in different stages without any clear way out. For example, I want to use PayPal Website Payments Standard. It is important to me to have a "Purchase and download" button on the product page where if clicked, it will take the user immediately to PayPal without osC asking the buyer for anymore information. Once payment is completed PayPal should direct the user back and the user should find the download link.

Once the functionality is set, I will also require lots of design modifications.

This may sound simple to you, and you may already know how to do most of the things that I'm trying to do, but that's because you've probably been here for awhile. I only installed osC today. I need someone's constant help.

I'm willing to pay for the results that I desire.

Thanks again,

I'm looking for someone to help me setup my single product eBook store.

The quotes I got for custom, from scratch development on Elance didn't exceed $300. I was hoping to save time and money by using a ready built solution such as osCommerce, but I'm picky about some details that I feel important. I need someone to help me with my efforts with an hourly rate compensation or something. Where can I find such a person?

Thanks a lot,

Picky people waste time and that costs money.

Picky people waste time and that costs money.

I know what you mean. Obviously, I would like to be able to launch even if I couldn't get half way near what I think would be a perfect solution. However, something such as the steps that a buyer has to go through in order to complete a purchase, I think that's something to be picky about. Clarity of layout and text positions on the product page is another thing to be picky about.

Since I'm only selling a single product, my requirements aren't that complicated

If you're only selling a single product, then you don't need osComemrce. osComemrce is a shopping cart for someone who sells multiple products.

For your case, create a web copy for your product, insert paypal "Buy now" button and off you go...

If you're only selling a single product, then you don't need osComemrce. osComemrce is a shopping cart for someone who sells multiple products.

For your case, create a web copy for your product, insert paypal "Buy now" button and off you go...

It's a digital product though?

osCommerce and digital products do not work well together.

Might I suggest an alternative?

http://www.digitalproductdelivery.com - for 1 product it is free of charge. I use this on a number of my sites and it works very well.

Thanks burt. I replied above before I saw your post. I'm trying to checkout digitalproductdelivery.com, but it won't load. Probably ISP trouble.

I know what you mean. Obviously, I would like to be able to launch even if I couldn't get half way near what I think would be a perfect solution. However, something such as the steps that a buyer has to go through in order to complete a purchase, I think that's something to be picky about. Clarity of layout and text positions on the product page is another thing to be picky about.

Notwithstanding what has been written in the other posts that have been made:

The steps that a buyer goes through can be easily modified by you.

Clarity of layout and text positions on the product page is all in the mind of the creator. To get what you want, you would have to do this yourself.

Having experienced "I know what I want when I see it", then "Oh, why is is it costing so much?" is something that I would no longer deal with.

PayPal "Buy now" button combined with DigitalProductDelivery.com will accomplish what I want, it seems!

osCommerce and digital products do not work well together.

Might I suggest an alternative?

http://www.digitalproductdelivery.com - for 1 product it is free of charge. I use this on a number of my sites and it works very well.

This looks like a fantastic service. I have actually tried to search for something like this in the past couple of days but couldn't find anything. I don't remember the keywords I used, otherwise I would suggest the them to the owners of the website to improve their SEO ;) Anyway, the website is being awfully sluggish for me at the moment, I think my ISP is performing equipment upgrades...

I'll get started on the design for my single HTML page and once that's done, I'll either wait til tomorrow to sign up for this service or go to a coffee shop where they use a different ISP!

It looks like my eBook will be up sooner than I thought :)

Having experienced "I know what I want when I see it", then "Oh, why is is it costing so much?" is something that I would no longer deal with.

I was actually told "I'll know what I want when I see it" in a job interview once, LOL. But no, I'm not that bad as a client. I know what I want and I try to go to great lengths to communicate well with designers/developers. Between some people though, perceptions are so different, you'll put a lot of effort in communication and in the end you're gonna see something and they'll still see something else...

Archived