• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where is my Catalog folder?

Shadyone

Sorry for the noob question but I didnt get much sleep last night.

Where about do I find my catalog folder? I cant find it for the life of me.

I'm using the file manager within cPanelX and cant find it in the root directory or in public_html, am I just not looking hard enough?

I took a stab in the dark and typed in

www.wholesalevitamins.com.au/catalog/ in the hope something would come up but got an error message.

I'm just trying to remove all evidence from an expired SSL cert. and fix some errors noted from an upgrade of MYSQL

Cheers

that is where it should be.. if its not there, then you might have installed it in a different folder - a sub folder..

in the url bar, they yoursite.com/catalog and see if anything comes up.. if not, go back into your cPanel and do a search for that folder.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

You don't have a catalog folder.

You installed osC in the root folder - no catalog folder required.

;)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I also posted in your other thread about the SSL that won't go away...

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

You'd have to post the URL it's trying to go to for me to be any help.

:blush:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

the domain is 'secure.orchard-studio.com'

in the Admin section - there are links to Administration - Online Catalog - Support Site

when I click on Online Catalog the path it is trying to go to is : secure.orchard-studio.com/[%install path%]

I thought the purpose of the Online Catalog link was to give you a quick way to see your Catalog as you were building it.

the other links work fine...........bd

In your admin configure file, what do you have for this line:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

:unsure:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

In your admin configure file, what do you have for this line:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

:unsure:

I am looking in /osc/admin/.....all I can see is a file called configuration.php

there is nothing inside that file that looks like the line you are asking about

......bd

Look in /admin/includes/configure.php

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Try this instead:

define ('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/osc/');

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

ok....that brings me to the opening page now.....which is great.....I guess....thank you for that. :blush:

why would I have to do an edit like that? ......Is this a normal procedure after installing osCommerce....???

Also, when I first log into the Admin section.....on other installations of osCommerce, I get the big blue box with all items listed.....I do not get that now....instead I am taken directly to the Administration section........is this something new in a newer version or something?

I am using V2.2.rc2 right now...the other version that shows me the blue box is from 2005

thanx again...........bd

why would I have to do an edit like that? ......Is this a normal procedure after installing osCommerce....???

Just a glitch in the install.

Also, when I first log into the Admin section.....on other installations of osCommerce, I get the big blue box with all items listed.....I do not get that now....instead I am taken directly to the Administration section........is this something new in a newer version or something?

I've only used one version (2.2MS2 I think) so I don't know.

For future reference for you.

You don't have a "catalog" folder because you installed OSC into a folder name "osc".

So anything referncing /catalog you find here, you'll need to change to /osc to map into your install.

;)

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived