• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer login / sessions not registered

DawnieB

We had a server upgrade to php5 last night so I don't know if that's the problem but....

If I click on the 'Your Account' button it takes me to the login form.

If I have products in my cart then it shows my shopping cart, otherwise it shows an empty shopping cart. If I then click on 'Your Account' button again (so I can see account information and previous orders) it goes back to the login screen rather than showing me the account info.

In account.php there's some code at the top to check that the session is registered before deciding whether to ask the user to login - presumably at this point it thinks I don't have a registered session so asks me to log in again. I tested with these lines of code taken out and it went to the Account screen so this is definately where we're having a problem.

BUT WHY, OH WHY?!?!?!

In Admin > Sessions I have everything set to false except Prevent Spiders and Recreate Session. I have tried setting some of the others on. Session Directory is set to /tmp

Thanks for any clues you can provide. Have been searching the forums for 3 hours and am losing the will to live :(

Anyone?

This is also stopping my users from placing orders.

When they click on checkout, it asks them to logon. Once they've logged on, when the click on checkout again it asks them to log on again.

• 3 months later...
Anyone?

This is also stopping my users from placing orders.

When they click on checkout, it asks them to logon. Once they've logged on, when the click on checkout again it asks them to log on again.

I can't get it to work either and I'm a major PHP programmer! We are all DOOMED! We bought into his ridiculous pile of outdated code!

Archived