• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Are the security popups annoying or are they mandatory?

themilkman

Are the security popups annoying or are they mandatory?

Escpecially when in the checkout process on each step its says that the page contains secure and non secure info.

Is there any way to switch this off?

Many Thanks

TMM

Whats the point of a signature?

you cant switch them off because its the person browser doing that. Do you have images or items on your checkout pages that are hosted elsewhere? Or links to outside websites?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

You have several links to http script sources in your footer.

This is the source of the popup.

This will give you a clue how to "skip over them" in SSL mode:

Click Me

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Thank you guys

Germ the only issue here is that if the page is SSL the links will dissapear because of the IF statement.

I have searched the net and found that another solution is to use https for links and that will solve the problem. However when doing this websites do not show with https if it does not have an SSL certificate.

I do not mind using thie IF statement and not have links not appear that are not that importanat - but I have a link going to a forum so I would not want that link to disspaear. Maybe instead of have a direct link in the information box I could create a page for it and that way the "non secure message" is only shown on that one page instead of all the time when in SSL mode.

You have no choice.

If the scripts aren't from HTTPS sources you'll get the popup.

Simple as that - no way around it.

Either make the links disappear in SSL mode or live with the popup.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Hi Jim

I put in the php IF statements and it works fine now but it was only required for two links in the footer and not the Google analytics code.

Also I have another external link in my Information box but the site does not seem to mind about that one for some reason - is it only footer links that the security pop ups will appear for?

Thanks

Looks good.

Padlock and no popup.

;)

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived