• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Main Page Verbiage

ginod61

I need to find where to edit the index.Phip text below this line:

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

I need to get rid of the"Cooming Soon" text & I have looked every where to delete it. Someone else setup the cart & I just inherited the work but not real familiar with OS commerce cart.

Thanks for any help.

link to the page:

http://edutccom.ipower.com/catalog/

/catalog/includes/languages/english.php

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a>? Or would you prefer to <a href="%s"><u>create an account</u></a>?');

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

there is a link in my signature here called ROAD MAP TO OSCOMMERCE i suggest reading it. it might save you a LOT of mindless wandering around the files and folders.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

/catalog/includes/languages/english.php

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a>? Or would you prefer to <a href="%s"><u>create an account</u></a>?');

I have looked there but the words" Cooming Soon" are not there..any other place they could be hiding?

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Welcome back <span class="greetUser">%s!</span> Would you like to see which <a href="%s"><u>new products</u></a> are available to purchase?');

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON', '<small>If you are not %s, please <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a> with your account information.</small>');

define('TEXT_SORT_PRODUCTS', 'Sort products ');

define('TEXT_DESCENDINGLY', 'descendingly');

define('TEXT_ASCENDINGLY', 'ascendingly');

define('TEXT_BY', ' by ');

define('TEXT_REVIEW_BY', 'by %s');

define('TEXT_REVIEW_WORD_COUNT', '%s words');

define('TEXT_REVIEW_RATING', 'Rating: %s [%s]');

define('TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDED', 'Date Added: %s');

define('TEXT_NO_REVIEWS', 'There are currently no product reviews.');

define('TEXT_NO_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'There are currently no products.');

define('TEXT_UNKNOWN_TAX_RATE', 'Unknown tax rate');

define('TEXT_REQUIRED', '<span class="errorText">Required</span>');

// +Country-State Selector

define ('DEFAULT_COUNTRY', '223');

// -Country-State Selector

define('ERROR_TEP_MAIL', '<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2" color="#ff0000"><b><small>TEP ERROR:</small> Cannot send the email through the specified SMTP server. Please check your php.ini setting and correct the SMTP server if necessary.</b></font>');

define('WARNING_INSTALL_DIRECTORY_EXISTS', 'Warning: Installation directory exists at: ' . dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/install. Please remove this directory for security reasons.');

define('WARNING_CONFIG_FILE_WRITEABLE', 'Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: ' . dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.');

define('WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT', 'Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: ' . tep_session_save_path() . '. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.');

define('WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE', 'Warning: I am not able to write to the sessions directory: ' . tep_session_save_path() . '. Sessions will not work until the right user permissions are set.');

define('WARNING_SESSION_AUTO_START', 'Warning: session.auto_start is enabled - please disable this php feature in php.ini and restart the web server.');

define('WARNING_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT', 'Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: ' . DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD . '. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.');

define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_INVALID_DATE', 'The expiry date entered for the credit card is invalid.<br>Please check the date and try again.');

define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_INVALID_NUMBER', 'The credit card number entered is invalid.<br>Please check the number and try again.');

define('TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CARD', 'The first four digits of the number entered are: %s<br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.');

/*

The following copyright announcement can only be

appropriately modified or removed if the layout of

the site theme has been modified to distinguish

itself from the default osCommerce-copyrighted

theme.

For more information please read the following

Frequently Asked Questions entry on the osCommerce

support site:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/faq,26/q,50

Please leave this comment intact together with the

following copyright announcement.

*/

define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'Copyright © 2003 <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank">osCommerce</a><br>Powered by <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" target="_blank">osCommerce</a>');

?>

I need to find where to edit the index.Phip text below this line:

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

I need to get rid of the"Cooming Soon" text & I have looked every where to delete it. Someone else setup the cart & I just inherited the work but not real familiar with OS commerce cart.

Thanks for any help.

link to the page:

http://edutccom.ipower.com/catalog/

Bet you have a template.

It could be anywhere.

Look in /catalog/index.php or /catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived