• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback needed on my mobile store

ukmobile786

can you please email me or message me or post in this box how can i improve my website address www.uk-mobilestore.co.uk

what can i do for it to look like a professional site, what addons shall i install

please message back

You do not have the powered by oscommerce in the footer. you NEED that to get feedback> Actually, you really should ONLY take it off your store if you changed the look to the point of it does not resemble oscommerce. Do you feel you have changed that much?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Hi - maybe in this case you don't need the powered by osC stuff - because it sure looks stock osC (and, I don't know that it's a good idea to leave that info on the site because it is a way to identify your site as having all of the osCommerce vulnerabilities and just leaves you open to being hacked (just my opinion)).

One odd thing that you should fix is this link: http://www.uk-mobilestore.co.uk/product_in...products_id=921

Another thing is the typo at the top center of the home page: we aims are to offer... - to maybe - Our aim is to offer...

I don't really think that the look is interesting, that you have done much other than the stock osC stuff, that you pay much attention to the content (one review shows: seems I have to type a minimum number of letters - as part of the review - just looks really bad to a visitor), you have manufacturer images that make the width of the right column vary continuously, distorted image sizes where images are forced to 80 x 80 even when they may really be 200 x 110, etc. And, it does seem to be really slow in the US - so you may need a better hosting company.

But, it does seem that you generate a lot of traffic and that your site is pretty well ranked, which means that you have a very good idea for a web site. So, I think that you should spend some money on good design - to make the site look more professional (but in a way that matches your product mix). You have all of the elements that you need and everything seems to be functional. Cleaning up the design would make an enormous difference in performance (or at least I would hope that it would).

Your site seems to have a lot of potential - good luck with it.

tony

ok, you NEED to have the powered by oscommerce in your footer in order to receive ANY feedback from anyone..

and i also feel that credit is due where it belongs. A hacker could look at that site and in first glance they will know that its oscommerce anyway.

either way, you are not supposed to give anyone feedback who DOES NOT have the powered by oscommerce.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived